How Far Up The Ladder Does Knowledge Of Sasquatch Go?

hiflier

3 hours ago, norseman said:

Why is it the wrong message?

Prolly should have said 'incomplete'? Your statement made it sound like trudging after evidence was the ONLY way forward and I disagreed. Here it is once more for reference, took the liberty of bolding:

Norseman: "So the only thing we can do is trudge forward collecting evidence if we can......."

I disagreed because I think knocking loud and long on someone's door will get results (if they are home that is :D ).

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Prolly should have said 'incomplete'? Your statement made it sound like trudging after evidence was the ONLY way forward and I disagreed. Here it is once more for reference, took the liberty of bolding:

Norseman: "So the only thing we can do is trudge forward collecting evidence if we can......."

I disagreed because I think knocking loud and long on someone's door will get results (if they are home that is :D ).

Well evidence is evidence right?

Regardless if its a government whistleblower? Or a eye witness? Or a trackway? Etc.

1 minute ago, norseman said:

Well evidence is evidence right?

Regardless if its a government whistleblower? Or a eye witness? Or a trackway? Etc.

Ah, gotcha. Roger that.

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

This was the best UFO incident in my life, primarily because it happened in my home state, and involved the military base I worked at:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_flight_1628_incident

Great report that I know very well.  I am sure it is in the top 10 of airline captain reports.  

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

There is no variation from the fact that interstellar travel requires time travel, and biological entities doing so presents incredible scientific problems. More, since the government has spent many hundreds of millions of dollars investigating such reports and even researching the potential of extraterrestrial life, I think it's time for a paltry sum of, oh, 50 million dollars to be spent on sasquatchery.

There is a great deal of physics understood today around bending space-time.  There is even more that is not completely understood.  

Now if you could figure out how solving the BF riddle could win the next war (with China), than you would easily get your $50M and then some.

2 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

Where I grew up (SoDak) there was actually a small observation building placed there by the government to film the night sky.  Every so often they would show up and I guess retrieve and reload film.  The building stopped being used sometime in the 70's but the last time I was home it was still there sitting back in a shelterbelt on the neighbors land.

Lot's of folks back home had sightings back in the 50's and 60's, I myself saw two UFOs up there and then another one in Nebraska.  Personally, I think they're military.

Most reports are simply stupid observations by stupid people of known things (blimps, planes, helicopters, weird camera lighting effects, and etc.).  I used to go throw Mufon reports and see if there is anything interesting until I realized that 99+% of them were simply garbage and a waste of my time.  Of the non-really stupid things, many if not most are probably military.  F117 and B2 bombers during the 80s and 90s, aurora or whatever they call it now in the 2000's).  However, there are some like the one mentioned by our august Hunster that in no way fit in to either of these two categories.  If you study these, take them at face value, and backwards engineer the physics to explain it you can actually come up with something believable.  And yes, I did understand Maxwell's equations 30 years ago.

2 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

........Now if you could figure out how solving the BF riddle could win the next war (with China), than you would easily get your $50M and then some.

Winning a war with a nation that has such a high percentage of its huge population concentrated in cities located within a hundred miles of its only coast is not much of a mystery in today's world. Of China's 1.2 billion people, close to 60% live in 12 coastal provinces, along the Yangtze River valley, and in two coastal municipalities — Shanghai and Tianjin. It's the most target rich environment on Earth. No sasquatches needed.

But the discovery of sasquatches (yeren) could put greater political pressure on their already weak domestic resource extractiin industries..............

Don't believe the Chinese leadership cares about the population.  They probably see a massive reduction as a bonus.

Some believe that BF can cloak themselves and move in between portals.  Imagine if we could use that and get in to China's most secretive places.  Hmmm

4 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

Don't believe the Chinese leadership cares about the population........

Neither do I.

They probably see a massive reduction as a bonus.........

So do I.

It has been theorized that the maximum sustainable world human population is @ 1.85 billion people, which was the world population @ 1925. Imagine that! Despite the genocides, World War II, and multiple satellite wars worldwide, we still managed to grow our population by over 400% in less than a century! 

Going back to equilibrium will be ugly..........

BFF Patron
On 1/29/2019 at 11:52 AM, MIB said:

Yep, I have no desire to go through what Justin Smeja went through.  

It is a good time to figure out what your personal resources are.    Do not focus on the obvious, they might have already been "turned" if there truly is a conspiracy.

MIB

I was at the first BF conference that Smeja attended after his alleged BF shooting.   He expected adoration but over half the attendees were openly hostile.    I have no read on if he actually did it or made up the story.    EIther way I do not like it and him.    Wasting a body that could have been available to study is a crime in itself to me.   I suppose for a poacher that is just what you do when you have shot something inconvenient to haul out.   He did seem honestly surprised when Sykes revealed that his chunk of BF was bear.

Sasquatch DNA comes back Human AND bear. And while some don't think this is impossible its the only explanation. The Olympic Peninsula nests e-DNA? Human and bear. Ketchum? Human and bear. Sykes? Human and bear. When will you folks wake up. I stated a long while ago that a Sasquatch is bear in primate form. Not a hybrid you understand. But a bear species all it's own. Or a Human species all its own however one wishes to look at it. When something consistently comes back Human as well as bear so many times One would, or should, begin to take notice.

Hair is not a good source for determining DNA. Trace elements, yes, but not DNA. Hair morphology can and will determine Human or bear. Sasquatch hair looks Human but has no medulla which has been stated many times from many different experts. Mitochondrial DNA comes back Human. But Hair morphology is such that it consistently get decided to proceed to mtDNA testing and sometimes nuDNA testing. NuDNA is where things fall apart and we all should know why that is by now.

Environmental DNA from core samples from under the Olympic Peninsula's nests say Human. Bear DNA is also present as there was bear scat in abundance around the nests. BUT!......and l'lI say it again.....BUT! There evidently no sign of deer or elk DNA. If there were Sasquatch in the area building the nests , or Humans, and the nests were being built occupied, or visited seasonally or over time then one would expect that deer and elk would stay clear of the area.

Now I know the Primate Bear idea has received a lot of flack in the past and so I certainly expect it now but there is NO OTHER explanation for what DNA ha been telling us for the last ten years or, if one includes Dr. W. Henner Fahrenbach, then much longer than ten years. There is no doubt in my mind that Sasquatch is its own species and not many of you would argue with that. The rub for most if not all of you is the proposal that Sasquatch is a bear in primates clothing. The hair morphology looks Human but it really isn't. It's as unique to a Sasquatch as Human hair is to Humans and bear is to bear.

That's is and has been my story and I'm sticking to it. And like a bunch of other things around here, I'm probably the only one on this road. And because of the topic of this thread I see constant steering away from this avenue of thinking. But ALL of the evidence, e-DNA and otherwise, points in the direction of what I am saying. And I don't have to make this stuff up either because the science is already there.

Man/Bear/Pig? Why not? In fact organs and tissue from a Sasquatch may be closer to Humans than say heart valves from pigs DNA-wise so less rejection?. Maybe that's why Sasquatch is being kept under wraps? Because testing the creatures as organ donors has been underway and the controversy and fallout would be explosive. More so than just acknowledging its existence. Trying genetically alter Sasquatch DNA to even more closely match Humans in a lab could be underway. Doesn't seem that far fetched in todays science capabilities.  

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

........He did seem honestly surprised when Sykes revealed that his chunk of BF was bear.

After Sykes pronouncement of an ancient polar bear frolicking about in the Himalayas, I'm about ready to begin the search for the newly discovered species of bipedal bears. If they want to call these things polar bears, and then claim that the exploding world population of real polar bears are dying off, I'm game for just about anything anymore.

4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Sasquatch DNA comes back Human AND bear. And while some don't think this is possible its the only explanation. The Olympic Peninsula nests e-DNA?

Human and bear. Ketchum? Human and bear. Sykes? Human and bear. When will you folks wake up. I stated a long while ago that a Sasquatch is bear in primate form. Not a hybrid you understand. But a bear species all it's own. Or a Human species all its own however one wishes to look at it. When something consistently comes back Human as well as bear so many times One would, or should, begin to take notice.

Hair is not a good source for determining DNA. Trace elements, yes, but not DNA. Hair morphology can and will determine Human or bear. Sasquatch hair looks Human but has no medulla which has been stated many times from many different experts. Mitochondrial DNA comes back Human. But Hair morphology is such that it consistently get decided to proceed to mtDNA testing and sometimes nuDNA testing. NuDNA is where things fall apart and we all should know why that is by now.

Environmental DNA from core samples from under the Olympic Peninsula's nests say Human. Bear DNA is also present as there was bear scat in abundance around the nests. BUT!......and l'lI say it again.....BUT! There evidently no sign of deer or elk DNA. If there were Sasquatch in the area building the nests , or Humans, and the nests were being built occupied, or visited seasonally or over time then one would expect that deer and elk would stay clear of the area.

Now I know the Primate Bear idea has received a lot of flack in the past and so I certainly expect it now but there is NO OTHER explanation for what DNA ha been telling us for the last ten years or, if one includes Dr. W. Henner Fahrenbach, then much longer than ten years. There is no doubt in my mind that Sasquatch is its own species and not many of you would argue with that. The rub for most if not all of you is the proposal that Sasquatch is a bear in primates clothing. The hair morphology looks Human but it really isn't. It's as unique to a Sasquatch as Human hair is to Humans and bear is to bear.

That's is and has been my story and I'm sticking to it. And like a bunch of other things around here, I'm probably the only one on this road.

IF I'm understanding you correctly you're saying it's a case of convergent evolution and that it's bear hair that has a human morphology because it's a bear that's evolved towards primate traits.  Now that's possible... but you wouldn't be getting bear and human DNA mixed as you say.  A shark and a dolphin have similar morphology but their DNA is not the same.  I'm not sure what to think of evolutionary pressure making a bear evolve to have primate-like hair, it seems to me that bear hair (what little I know about it) has more advantages to living in cold climates than primate hair does but I'm willing to hear counter-arguments.  That a bear would evolve to have so many primate like qualities seems difficult to believe and again you wouldn't have primate DNA at all............ 

The simpler reason that you're getting a mix is either that folks have tried to hoax, they're misidentifying what they think they see (it was just a bear), or they've contaminated the samples, or that there just isn't a bigfoot out there to get a sample from and they've inadvertently submitted human or bear samples.  At some point, we have to admit that the DNA testing has done a much better job of disproving BF than shoring up the claim that BF is out there.

Of course, the option that hasn't been proposed is that BF is fully human and just likes to wear bearskin coats or maybe keeps bears as pets.  Or BF was genetically engineered by aliens... some folks do believe that one actually.  (I'm being a bit flippant so please forgive me I mean no disrespect just having a bit of fun)

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

After Sykes pronouncement of an ancient polar bear frolicking about in the Himalayas, I'm about ready to begin the search for the newly discovered species of bipedal bears. If they want to call these things polar bears, and then claim that the exploding world population of real polar bears are dying off, I'm game for just about anything anymore.

How did I miss this one?  I'm going to have to google that tonight...

7 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

.......How did I miss this one?  I'm going to have to google that tonight...

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/11/yeti-dna-sequencing/546806/

.......Sykes says the hair matched no modern bears but an ancient 40,000-year-old polar bear, suggesting the yeti is actually an unknown, perhaps hybrid bear. Sykes later published the results in a scientific journal, but other scientists criticized him for extrapolating too far from a fragment of a single mitochondrial gene.........

Seems to me that they'll call it anything but a hominid.

BFF Patron

The real problem with DNA testing up to present is that we basically have nothing to connect DNA collected to what left it.    Most of what is collected and tested is found and from an unknown source that turns out to be known animals.    Tufts of fur on barb wire fences etc.    Even the DNA under those nests cannot be directly tied to what left it.   Recent advances in DNA testing pushes back detecting viable DNA tens of thousands of years.     14,000 year old fossil turds,   30,000 year old cave floors,  reveal human DNA.    The nest locations have to have been frequented by first peoples for probably as long as both BF and humans have been in NA.   It is no wonder that human DNA is found and cannot be pinned on BF.       The Smeja event was the only one I am aware of in which anyone claimed to have blood or tissue collected from something that looked like a BF and that requires the Smeja story to be believed.     There are a few reports of BF shot and leaving blood trails but none have been tested.   No wonder that stuff tested turns out to be bear or some other known animal.     The only DNA main stream science is going to believe is that collected from a BF on a lab table that has been collected with accepted protocols and verified with testing in more than one lab.   

• Upvote 1