How Far Up The Ladder Does Knowledge Of Sasquatch Go?

hiflier

BFF Patron

Put it on Meldrum's front porch,   ring the doorbell and run?   :)

^^^^ Yeah, but Meldrum isn't Superman, either. If government doesn't want these creatures known, they can take it away from him, and just call him a mad professor. In fact, many call him that already.

4 hours ago, norseman said:

If something is still out there in our nations forests and mountains? Then the public has a right to know! Mothers and Fathers with children out for a wilderness picnic have a right to know!!!

So the only thing we can do is trudge forward collecting evidence if we can.......

.....I do not think its OK to stop because there possibly could be a cover up.

Yes, the public has a right to know!!!

But trudging forward collecting evidence is NOT the only thing we can do. That is the wrong message.

And you are right, it is not OK to stop because there could possibly be a cover up.

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Your approach is what I call a back door approach and I have done the same thing.     About a year ago I contacted a PHD at the University of WA.    He is some sort of nationally known bear expert.........My intent was to provoke interest, establish a friendly contact,   or hope for some sort of disclosure that would indicate they had some knowledge of infra sound associated with BF.     Nothing came.  

I disagree with the bolded/underlined. It is not the back door approach. It is the FRONT DOOR approach. It's hitting the problem head on- at the source. If you saw the email you would understand why I can say that.

And I think there was no interest and nothing came because of "one man syndrome". You should have been part of a group that included perhaps an audiologist. And I will probably be experiencing "one man syndrome" as well. I would carry this on in my own state of Maine (which I have already done with different evidence) but 21 large nests have not been discovered in my region like what was discovered in the eastern Olympic Peninsula. Those nests had a couple of reps from  your own DNR go there. Its why I decided to write directly to the Commissioner. Any reason anyone thinks I shouldn't have then by all means just let me know.

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Yeah! If I were to dhoot a sasquatch. I would just like to hand it off in the most anonymous fashion possible. I want nithing to do with the storm to follow.

Yep, I have no desire to go through what Justin Smeja went through.  

It is a good time to figure out what your personal resources are.    Do not focus on the obvious, they might have already been "turned" if there truly is a conspiracy.

MIB

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Yes, the public has a right to know!!!

But trudging forward collecting evidence is NOT the only thing we can do. That is the wrong message.

And you are right, it is not OK to stop because there could possibly be a cover up.

I disagree with the bolded/underlined. It is not the back door approach. It is the FRONT DOOR approach. It's hitting the problem head on- at the source. If you saw the email you would understand why I can say that.

And I think there was no interest and nothing came because of "one man syndrome". You should have been part of a group that included perhaps an audiologist. And I will probably be experiencing "one man syndrome" as well. I would carry this on in my own state of Maine (which I have already done with different evidence) but 21 large nests have not been discovered in my region like what was discovered in the eastern Olympic Peninsula. Those nests had a couple of reps from  your own DNR go there. Its why I decided to write directly to the Commissioner. Any reason anyone thinks I shouldn't have then by all means just let me know.

Why is it the wrong message?

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

^^^^ Yeah, but Meldrum isn't Superman, either. If government doesn't want these creatures known, they can take it away from him, and just call him a mad professor. In fact, many call him that already.

I remember visiting with a physics professor that was working on a project in his own home that he felt the government might come after him for... (he's a UFO guy) I asked him what precautions he was taking if he actually thought the government was out to get him (as in eliminate / kill)  He said "let them come I'm an old Marine" my reply was "no matter how tough you think you are, there are always tougher men... and they'll know in advance how tough you are so they'll know who and how many to send".  He didn't like that comment so much.

Come to think of it I haven't heard anything about him lately.............

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Yep, I have no desire to go through what Justin Smeja went through.  

MIB

I never believed his story, sounded like nonsense to me from the get-go.

9 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

I never believed his story, sounded like nonsense to me from the get-go.

I had doubts to begin with but once I heard him telling it rather than others retelling it, things fell into place.   Justin wasn't quite who he was painted to be.    After listening to him, seeing who he really was, hearing his vocabulary, seeing the inside of his home, listening to his perspectives ... I never met Justin but I know 3-dozen "Justins" and, understanding that context, the doubts are gone.   (They all think I'm some kinda nut because I came from their culture and left it ... well, mostly. :))  Thing is, without that cultural context ... only available from immersion in it ...  yeah, what he said doesn't make sense.   The hard thing to grasp is that is because of your limits, not because of his honesty.   Funny world we live in. 

MIB

6 minutes ago, MIB said:

I had doubts to begin with but once I heard him telling it rather than others retelling it, things fell into place.   Justin wasn't quite who he was painted to be.    After listening to him, seeing who he really was, hearing his vocabulary, seeing the inside of his home, listening to his perspectives ... I never met Justin but I know 3-dozen "Justins" and, understanding that context, the doubts are gone.   (They all think I'm some kinda nut because I came from their culture and left it ... well, mostly. :))  Thing is, without that cultural context ... only available from immersion in it ...  yeah, what he said doesn't make sense.   The hard thing to grasp is that is because of your limits, not because of his honesty.   Funny world we live in. 

MIB

When his story broke, I listened to several interviews of him, and his story never ever added up to me.  You're entirely entitled to believe him but imho he's so full of it that it's not even funny and he again imho discredits the BF community.   I'm not sure what culture you mean but I'm an old country boy and I think he's a complete liar, just my opinion though.

2 hours ago, Old Time Lifter said:

..........He said "let them come I'm an old Marine" my reply was "no matter how tough you think you are, there are always tougher men... and they'll know in advance how tough you are so they'll know who and how many to send".  He didn't like that comment so much..........

All true, which is why I'd preder to simply dump the carcass on the right doorstep and disappear, But, conversely, I've got the same attitude as your old Marine friend; if they really want to dust me off, they'd better make that first shot count, because I would immediately want to reciprocate. Been there, done that, and I'm still here.......

..........Come to think of it I haven't heard anything about him lately............

The UFO stuff goes a few steps above and beyond sasquatchery. If UFOs visit Earth (which I firmly believe is impossible), DoD is involved along with the spooks, and I don't want anything to do with them at all.

4 hours ago, MIB said:

......Yep, I have no desire to go through what Justin Smeja went through......

I believe that Smeja is a common poacher who essentially handed the California wildlife cops a legal case. That said, you're right, they prosecuted. Morover, the sasquatch world mostly condemned the guy as well. But his testimony was familiar: once shot, and upon close inspection, their realization that it was human brings on the fear of a murder conviction, which trumps a poaching violation x1000. 

If you shoot one, and you want the carcass to go to good effect, you'd better deliver it to the right guy, and you'd better do it in a way that leaves you completely unknown and untracabke, or you'll pay a very steep price.

Edited by Huntster
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Huntster said:

The UFO stuff goes a few steps above and beyond sasquatchery. If UFOs visit Earth (which I firmly believe is impossible), DoD is involved along with the spooks, and I don't want anything to do with them at all.

I remember as a kid listening to an AF pilot tell my father how he had a UFO shadow him and when he asked the traffic control if they saw the bogie on radar, the answer was no.  Always been interested in UFOs ever since.  I understand your position, however the physics is not even close to being totally resolved.

20 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

I remember as a kid listening to an AF pilot tell my father how he had a UFO shadow him and when he asked the traffic control if they saw the bogie on radar, the answer was no.  Always been interested in UFOs ever since.  I understand your position, however the physics is not even close to being totally resolved.

Where I grew up (SoDak) there was actually a small observation building placed there by the government to film the night sky.  Every so often they would show up and I guess retrieve and reload film.  The building stopped being used sometime in the 70's but the last time I was home it was still there sitting back in a shelterbelt on the neighbors land.

Lot's of folks back home had sightings back in the 50's and 60's, I myself saw two UFOs up there and then another one in Nebraska.  Personally, I think they're military.

17 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

This was the best UFO incident in my life, primarily because it happened in my home state, and involved the military base I worked at:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Air_Lines_flight_1628_incident

.........Captain Terauchi cited in the official Federal Aviation Administration report that the object was a UFO. In December 1986, Terauchi gave an interview to two Kyodo News journalists. JAL soon grounded him for talking to the press, and moved him to a desk job. He was only reinstated as a pilot years afterwards, and retired eventually in north Kanto, Japan.[2]

Kyodo News contacted Paul Steucke, the FAA public information officer in Anchorage on December 24, and received confirmation of the incident, followed by UPI on the 29th.[13][14] The FAA's Alaskan Region consulted John Callahan,[note 4] the FAA Division Chief of the Accidents and Investigations branch, as they wanted to know what to tell the media about the UFO.[15]John Callahan was unaware of any such incident, considering it a likely early flight of a stealth bomber, then in development. He asked the Alaskan Region to forward the relevant data to their technical center in Atlantic City, New Jersey, where he and his superior played back the radar data and tied it in with the voice tapes by videotaping the concurrent playbacks.[15]

A day later at FAA headquarters they briefed Vice Admiral Donald D. Engen, who watched the whole video of over half an hour, and asked them not to talk to anybody until they were given the OK, and to prepare an encompassing presentation of the data for a group of government officials the next day.[16] The meeting was attended by representatives of the FBI, CIA and President Reagan’s Scientific Study Team, among others. Upon completion of the presentation, all present were told that the incident was secret and that their meeting "never took place". According to Callahan, the officials considered the data to represent the first instance of recorded radar data on a UFO, and they took possession of all the presented data.[15] John Callahan however managed to retain the original video, the pilot's report and the FAA's first report in his office.[16] The forgotten target print-outs of the computer data were also rediscovered, from which all targets can be reproduced that were in the sky at the time.[15]

After a three-month investigation, the FAA formally released their results at a press conference held on March 5, 1987. Here Paul Steucke retracted earlier FAA suggestions that their controllers confirmed a UFO,[13] and ascribed it to a "split radar image" which appeared with unfortunate timing. He clarified that "the FAA [did] not have enough material to confirm that something was there", and though they were "accepting the descriptions by the crew" they were "unable to support what they saw".[12] The McGrath incident was revealed here amongst the ample set of documents supplied to the journalists.........

There is no variation from the fact that interstellar travel requires time travel, and biological entities doing so presents incredible scientific problems. More, since the government has spent many hundreds of millions of dollars investigating such reports and even researching the potential of extraterrestrial life, I think it's time for a paltry sum of, oh, 50 million dollars to be spent on sasquatchery.