Blockbuster News

Guest Silver Fox

Derek I am very sorry for the heat this is causing but of course it is rather explosive to say the least. Did anyone think to take pictures, go back again and survey the area and document the chain of events that lead up to this unfortunate incident.

BFF Patron

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/bigfootblog.html

Seems Paulides blog #105 (near the close of 2010) about "Public Ridicule & Killing a Bigfoot" was timed pretty well. (blog #96 expounds on the same topic)

Coincidence?

The blog is a good read about the subject matter as is the one on physicists and BF referencing some of the stranger phenomena.

Also, several of the other blogs imploring people to move beyond the dna and get on to documenting the natural ecology of the subject matter is referenced.

Thanks Alex. It's been our position at the Olympic Project to push for species verification and then push to get laws put in place for protection. I never want to see anything like this happen again. If species verification happens that's the first thing we're going to do. I have the utmost respect for these beings and in my opinion laws need to be put in place. That's been our position from the beginning.

lmao! This has always been the most ironic part. Kill one to verify they exist then make laws so that we cannot kill one. Sasquatch needs to be discovered to be protected from ourselves.

Not that it really matters. This is just the right time for this to happen. Every few years people get bored and make up some story about a "Bigfoot" body. It's always the same, shot by someone unidentified. Big secret being leaked. Being tested as we speak with mind-blowing results anticipated. Depending on how much publicity it gets, is how big the story will grow until it finally pops and people are either disappointed or in complete denial and it's yet another that got away. Bossburg mine shaft, Marx's Cripplefoot, Minnesota Iceman, Georgia Iceman, the various southern shootings, Manitoba, on and on, all the same, all the same result, a big goose egg...

Guest ajciani

I would still like to hear some details about this incident from Derek or Rich. Particularly the time line, descriptions of what they found, and how and where (in the scene) they found it.

Derek if your friend is telling you the truth, a misidentification and then a panic situation, I hope he finds some peace. Only he knows for sure what really went down. Very commendable of you to stand by him and try to put the record straight even though you are the sole person taking all the flack. If all is truth then perhaps a mistake can be utilized for the benefit of these incredible creatures. Your actions of follow-up investigation and documentation speaks volumes about what kind of friend you are and your dedication to trying to make the best of an extraordinary blunder. I wish you well!

Actually Ronnie many people believe in Bigfoot. 1000s of sightngs and many many people seeing them regularly speaks to that. Yes many still don't believe they exist and I understand that also. Once the proof comes to light the repercussions of this story will be more than a lot can realize at this time.

I would also anticipate that even though the DNA analysis and films will start the ball rolling faster regarding specific protection, it will take a while to resolve. In the interim, the DNA analysis and films will draw the attention of hunters worldwide, convincing them that bigfoot exist, and there will be a whole lot of new people out there in a headlong rush trying to be the first to bag one. This will happen worldwide, wherever similar species are reported.

In North America, the guy that brings in the first specimen is going to get a pass. His specimen will confirm the newly public evidence, and then bigfoot will get specific protection rather than fall under a general statutory clause. After that, more will be shot by people claiming self-defense. Public sentiment will be split between those who want to protect the species, and those who will want to blame the species for missing persons, are afraid of the environmental consequences of their protection, and other reasons.

It will take a live capture, live study, and successful prosecution of a hunter to ultimately put an end to this - in North America.

Species Verification = Open Season

Edited by JDL

My prediction would be that every person in Russia with the means to do so will be after a body, if 50 bucks can be made. China will have the whole army looking for one. In North America, kids with a six-pack and a 22 will be out in force. Not a good time to wear a ghillie suit in the woods.JMO

BFF Patron

Yah, and maybe the corny youtube vids will be shut down in perpetuity, wholesome side effect :unsure:

My prediction would be that every person in Russia with the means to do so will be after a body, if 50 bucks can be made. China will have the whole army looking for one. In North America, kids with a six-pack and a 22 will be out in force.

Why isn't that happening now? I'd say the lack of a black market trade in bigfoot parts is a surefire sign that there are none to collect.

In North America, the guy that brings in the first specimen is going to get a pass. His specimen will confirm the newly public evidence, and then bigfoot will get specific protection rather than fall under a general statutory clause. After that, more will be shot by people claiming self-defense. Public sentiment will be split between those who want to protect the species, and those who will want to blame the species for missing persons, are afraid of the environmental consequences of their protection, and other reasons.

Species Verification = Open Season

I understand the premise for why many have said the first to kill one will get a pass. But thats only looking at part of a prosecutor's duty I think, as they are also considering legal precedent to be made. I'm just saying that what they do can end up on either side of the coin on this one. In California however, the odds may lean towards prosecution if they are human. That doesn't mean a conviction won't be set aside as well because of the nature of the first situation, and thus also preserve said legal precedent. JMHO

My having seen a bigfoot in the road (at night but right in front of me), I don't see how it is remotely possible to mistake a bigfoot for a bear. This issue has been argued for decades with respect to how skeptics say 'it must have been a bear'. Well, there is no mistaking it when you see a bigfoot. There is no similarity in physique between a bigfoot and bear, especially in daylight. You also recognize just how human they really look too.

From your links (the last two redundant), the Chinese will be using "the latest and most modern methods, including camera traps" and the Russians are looking to "establish contact." Doesn't sound to me like either group is hunting them to make money off the carcasses.

Meantime, and please excuse the OT post, I hope people will read these articles and come to recognize that the search for bigfoot is not restricted to North America. Burtsev claims he has 30 scientists participating in his research institute and the article cites a "Soviet expedition in central Asia." In addition to the current/recent Chinese expedition to Hubei, the article mentions that the Chinese Academy of Science carried out three expeditions from 1977–1981.

1) It'd be great if we could retire this old chestnut that scientists don't go looking for bigfoot.

2) Either the Russians and Chinese are at least as incompetent as our U.S. and Canadian scientists, or there's no bigfoot over there either.

Guest RICH G

A DNA or tissue sample is useless as sasquatch evidence since there is no control sample. The only relevant evidence that will be accepted by mainstream scientists is a skeleton, or at a minimum, a skull. As an attorney, I can tell you that you will not be prosecuted for murder for killing a sasquatch, since they are not human.

I think it is funny that people claim to know what "they" are or know what "they" are not. The fact is that no one really knows exactly what they are. Some people atleast have an idea based on science but most people have no frickin idea what "they" are.