The case for Homo Erectus

norseman

9 hours ago, hiflier said:

That's actually a pretty good idea. Why haven't any of the "primate" labs so far done their work? Degraded samples seems to be a common excuse even though Human DNA can be obtained along with just about everything else. Yes, I understand about "markers" and all but I also think more samples can be obtained from the nesting site at any time until next May 2020. In truth I think that ha already been done because it's inconceivable to me that anyone would simply close the door on any additional chances to get a good sample. I mean, what? Five samples and that's it? No revisits? Makes no sense. I'm pretty serious when I say that the process is still ongoing. 

Exactly my thought. I read Norse and thought...well shit, that's a great idea.

2 hours ago, MIB said:

Try reading ... books, printed on paper.   I've found a lot there which I have not found on the internet, especially when it comes to older material.    Which, ironically, is exactly what we're talking about.

MIB

Grover Krantz? Who else?

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

Exactly my thought. I read Norse and thought...well shit, that's a great idea.

The idea came from DNA Mohawk guy..... his name escapes me.

Ah. That would be Dr. Todd Disotell. Speaking of which, do you think there is any chance he is still digging hard into this Sasquatch DNA stuff? Haven't heard boo from the man since he announced late last year on Laura Krantz's "Wild Thing" podcast that the nest e-DNA samples didn't show a novel primate.

Edited by hiflier

I believe I have read ( mind you on the internet, not paper or books, just to be clear :P )  that Disotell does BF work for money and is skeptical of the creature.  I"m guessing that if he is digging hard into it its because he is being paid to do so.  

39 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Ah. That would be Dr. Todd Disotell. Speaking of which, do you think there is any chance he is still digging hard into this Sasquatch DNA stuff? Haven't heard boo from the man since he announced late last year on Laura Krantz's "Wild Thing" podcast that the nest e-DNA samples didn't show a novel primate.

I think he approached it as a educator. He taught Bigfooters how to collect DNA samples with various methods, proclaimed himself a open minded skeptic and bowed out. 

I read where it is widely accepted by science that 400,000 years ago Homo Erectus had fire. They supposedly died out 50,000-100,000 years ago. Could a branch of them who grew up "stupid" and didn't have the capacity to create fire have lived on? How about maybe a few young ones who weren't taught yet after the last parents passed away. How long would it take a species of Homo familiar with the concept of fire, i.e., wildfires, lightning strikes etc. to put two and two together and begin fire making anew? If Sasquatch IS a descendant of Homo Erectus then the answer might be never? Or at least not yet? Simple tools to break open nuts and shellfish or dig for roots and grubs but the ability to eat raw meat and not cook it may be a factor in why their brains have not progressed?

Edited by hiflier

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Could a branch of them who grew up "stupid" and didn't have the capacity to create fire have lived on?

I don’t think that would be the case at all. Accounts from the 1800’s show that Sasquatch has used fire in the past in more remote areas. See the Indian stories from Mt. Morris (aka Sasquatch Mountain) as one example. A popular hypothesis is that they’ve essentially given fire use up in recent decades as a means of concealing their locations.

24 minutes ago, Willystyle said:

I don’t think that would be the case at all. Accounts from the 1800’s show that Sasquatch has used fire in the past in more remote areas. See the Indian stories from Mt. Morris (aka Sasquatch Mountain) as one example. A popular hypothesis is that they’ve essentially given fire use up in recent decades as a means of concealing their locations.

There's no way to know if old newspapers are talking about hairy hobos and not Bigfoot. Plenty of references to wildmen and wildwomen with no way to know what it is they really mean.

If you have a link to anything referencing fire and Bigfoot, that would be useful. Otherwise, it is widely accepted it's not part of their profile.

I would guess it would be very difficult for a group to give up fire if it was used for warmth after being accustomed to it for so long.   I imagine it would be even more so if not impossible to give up fire if they had been using it to cook food.   I’d imagine going raw would be detrimental to the species.   I’d be interested to read an experts opinion on such matters. 

26 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

If you have a link to anything referencing fire and Bigfoot, that would be useful. Otherwise, it is widely accepted it's not part of their profile

Based on what exactly? Is there a journal article I missed saying that they’re completely incapable of fire use? Native American lore, grainy video clips, and eyewitness testimony is all any of us really have to go on for any of this stuff. I never said fire use was commonly documented with Sasquatch but it has been observed nonetheless still making a link to Homo erectus in its heritage a possibility.

6 hours ago, Willystyle said:

Based on what exactly? Is there a journal article I missed saying that they’re completely incapable of fire use? Native American lore, grainy video clips, and eyewitness testimony is all any of us really have to go on for any of this stuff. I never said fire use was commonly documented with Sasquatch but it has been observed nonetheless still making a link to Homo erectus in its heritage a possibility.

Bigfoot is not homo erectus but who knows for sure what strains of human are mixed in its biology.

They are capable of a lot more than fire but they don't use it. If they did then they would leave a lot more of and different traces of their culture. 

Edited by Arvedis

If I was covered in hair? You would catch me NEAR fire. Heck, I've burned myself even when I know all about fire and how to start a fire. One would thing if a feral Human that didn't use fire smelled smoke they would run. There are animal management outfits that show up with firefighters at a wildfire. Whether true or not many here are familiar with the Battle Mountain Bigfoot story. Even if not true would such an outfit ever have an incident where a Sasquatch ran out of the woods along with say, bears and deer?

Would Dr. Meldrum get a call from the National Interagency Fire Center in Boise, Idaho https://www.nifc.gov/ if a Sasquatch was found either alive or dead during or in the aftermath of a wildfire like the huge Rim Fire a couple of years ago? Or the recent Carr Fire that took out Paradise, CA? Or the massive fires in the PacNW of 2015/16/17, and 18? Or British Columbia? There's a lot of research that we just aren't doing and a lot of questions that we just aren't asking about such things. There is a bigger picture that we should probably be paying more attention to.

Edited by hiflier

6 hours ago, Willystyle said:

<youtube clips>

those sorts of anecdotal accounts are not far fetched but are not really something to build a theory off of.

5 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Bigfoot is not homo erectus but who knows for sure what strains of human are mixed in its biology.

How can you say that Bigfoot is definitively not Homo erectus despite all the evidence we’ve laid out for you?? The protruding brow ridges, the conical shaped head, the evidence of Homo erectus in the N. American fossil layer. I admit all hominins seem to be nothing but a melting pot of other species but I think the evidence is much stronger for it being the 2nd most successful hominin in human history than it is a type of giant bamboo eating gorilla.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic