Do you have clear photos or video of a Bigfoot ?

BFF Patron
4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Not unique in that respect. But in their case it's legal........I think ;) But then science bilks the public out of money as well. I mean where do you think it gets it's money to go into a cave site and dig for bones? Or map the Central American jungle? or stick a probe around Pluto. But they can't spare a dime for finding a 700 lbs. biped in a North American forest? It's a glaring treatise on turning a blind eye. A valid reason? Name one. 

Your probe around pluto example triggered an idea I have been kicking around.     There are places I want to explore that I cannot get to.     Too remote, too far from roads, so that getting in there would require bushwacking through heavy timber for days.   Maybe I need to develop a relatively inexpensive probe that I can parachute into some of these places and wait for a curious BF to wake the thing up?   A more expensive option would be to land a rover that can move around in its own.   That would take an amatuer radio operator license to have the radio range to control it and receive pictures.     I just have a nagging gut feeling that there are BF villages of sort in some of those remote places.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Your probe around pluto example triggered an idea I have been kicking around.     There are places I want to explore that I cannot get to.     Too remote, too far from roads, so that getting in there would require bushwacking through heavy timber for days.   Maybe I need to develop a relatively inexpensive probe that I can parachute into some of these places and wait for a curious BF to wake the thing up?   A more expensive option would be to land a rover that can move around in its own.   That would take an amatuer radio operator license to have the radio range to control it and receive pictures.     I just have a nagging gut feeling that there are BF villages of sort in some of those remote places.  

A fine, fine idea. I used to have one of those roll-over type tanks that righted itself and kept going. What I'm getting at is why dose it always have to be drones? Why couldn't it be some kind of ground traveler? A camera and thermal mounted device or even an RC type water craft that could explore up and down creek and other small inaccessible waterways. Either one could return just like a drone does. Since they wouldn't have to be as concerned with weight like something that is airborne extra battery packs could be added either on board or on a towed dolly or loaded onto a secondary float pulled by the watercraft. Make the watercraft watertight and self righting. Could be much quieter than a drone as well since the prop would be underwater. 

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

Also with solar panels charging during the day,  the rover would not be reliant on batteries other than power it over night.    Flying vehicles are never going to have much endurance.    Something on the ground can be found by a curious BF.      I know a couple of places where I expect BF activity along lake shores.   Some sort of watercraft that looks like a floating log could just explore the shoreline at night.   A slow moving propeller would make very little noise and the log could spend a lot of time just drifting or being blown by the wind.   In the warm months,  when running water is limited,  I would bet that BF comes down for water to some of the lakes day or night.     Streams are so cluttered with rocks and snags that something would be constantly getting hung up trying to use them.     I think a lake would be better option.     Merrill Lake is a good place to try.   

Edited by SWWASAS

BFF Patron

I should mount an antenna in a metal parabolic dish and see what kind of range I can get with a unlicensed signal.    Ground or water explorers have another benefit over drones.     You take the FAA rules,  hoops, and wilderness overfly rules completely out of the picture.    I am afraid that an autonomous vehicle would need an on board computer and require programming.      Even dumb one that just takes pictures when something wakes it up.  If you want to move it around you need two way data links and video channels.  

When I was a kid I had a subscription to a science electronic gadget of the month club deal.    One of the projects was a proximity detector.    It used the change in capacitance of a circuit when a human got within a few feet to trigger it.    No IR, no emission other than an electrical field.     I would love to have a fake rock with another rock on top that is a hidden camera.   When proximity is detected have the fake rock on top step around and take a 360 panorama of the entire area.  No sneaking up on that camera from behind.   

Edited by SWWASAS

I'm actually liking this line of thinking SWWASAS. I'm in a music trio and my bassist is a degreed electronics genius. Maybe I can talk to him about some of these things. You're pretty danged good yourself and it would be cool to do some research and see if anything like your lake idea isn't already out there somewhere? I'll do some digging and see what comes up, maybe something like this that would be cheap enough to work up into a natural shaped exterior https://www.dx.com/p/jjrc-s4-spectre-wi-fi-fpv-rc-boat-with-720p-hd-camera-capsize-recovery-built-in-water-cooling-system-blue-2074398?tc=USD&ta=US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2seAoZ_J4gIVlrfACh3x8QdTEAQYBSABEgIuKPD_BwE#.XPLw4blYbIU

Maybe cover it in a long log shape made out of spray foam that gets painted dark brown or black with a solar panel on top with a rechargeable battery for maneuvering when desired. OOOOORRR make it look like an otter, beaver, muskrat or some other water animal? The eyes could hide two cameras which would look more natural. GoPro's are expensive but it doesn't look like the one on the RC would be so maybe if they're replaceable one could buy a replacement in order to have two? Or More? Or get two boats and then have two signals, one from each camera sent to a split screen? Just brainstorming here so some of this is probably unworkable. 

^^^ I think that you 2 have gone off the deep end.  The creek floater could only down stream.   In a pond or lake, use an RC submarine. 2 pool noodles increase buoyancy for loading up your toys.

BFF Patron

Merrill Lake would be my first choice location for a water vehicle.    Has a tent campground nearby.      I found a BF footprint in the lake shore 1/2 mile from the campground.   It appeared that the BF had approached the campground by wading along the lake shore.    The humans seemed to be the nightly entertainment there for a while.    Put your fake log in and watch the shore from the campground.   All sorts of transmitting cameras are available for the drone crowd.    Some have good ranges and IR capabilities.   The reservoirs on the  North Fork of the Lewis River  are developed along the north Shore.   But the South shores butt up to forest and have little or no road access.   Something patrolling the South shores might get lucky and see BF come down to the lake for water at night.    I have thought about floating at night in a kayak in the area but it just seems to dangerous to be out on the water there an night in an unlighted boat.    Technically that is illegal too.    But a remote controlled boat / log would have a good platform with lots of battery capacity and probably slowly cruise most of the night.     When it gets low on battery beach the thing and come with a boat in the daytime to recharge and ready it it for the next session. 

Edited by SWWASAS

BFF Patron

While the submarine sounds good because it could barely stick out of water,    that creates a problem in that you need antennas for radio signals that have to be fairly large and above water.     A large diameter stick would be a better antenna platform.   Those in Florida could use a rubber alligator.    Hopefully the real ones would not get amorous when it comes cruising by.    

46 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Those in Florida could use a rubber alligator

And those on farms could use rubber chickens LOL. I think staying away from something synonymous with animals is probably better. I mean, look how much trouble the PGF has caused :) 

You robot dreamers already have them available. Just convince a defense contractor to sell you one of their many models. You can mount your own cameras.........or guns. You can probably pick one up for a few million dollars.

84A79B02-F1FA-42AC-BAF7-B90AB38FBA6E.jpeg

0218F497-7EBB-485F-A44C-D823857AD9E3.jpeg

FE5F2681-5FEC-4247-AFC0-3A37FEF92A8D.jpeg

9FC78445-2819-41CB-8163-AF4D692C6B0D.jpeg

HAH! Imagine shooting a BF and, when going to collect the specimen, the unit in the last photo shows up and its robot sounding voice announces: "You have five seconds to stand away from the carcass and leave the area".

Sort of like having a mechanized "Whackenhut" (whack-a-nut?) squad in the vicinity. You don't see them until there's a problem then suddenly 20 are there.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

You mean BF MIB's, got that Predator translucent warpy-like wrinkle to them maybe?  Going all cyborg on us now but creative thought nevertheless. 

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Doesn't that last one really bother you?       I have seen too many Terminator movies to be comfortable with autonomous killing machines.    All we need is for Skynet to become self aware and humans become the problem.  

Edited by SWWASAS

BFF Patron
18 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^ I think that you 2 have gone off the deep end.  The creek floater could only down stream.   In a pond or lake, use an RC submarine. 2 pool noodles increase buoyancy for loading up your toys.

Maybe just craft a dead salmon out of a couple glued pool noodles, don't have to go all elaborate on us.  Insert electronics, might look a little funny creating a wake though, lol!

8 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Doesn't that last one really bother you?.........

Not really, because such rigs have always been on the same side as me. I actually like 'em. 

The one in the middle is pretty impressive, too. Ya' just can't ignore Ma Deuce. 

• gigantor unfeatured this topic