Bigfoot: Would You Shoot One?

Guest TooRisky

Yeah, I would not use either gun to shoot much more than critters.  I got my 410 from my dad at 12 and bought my carbine sometime in my early 20s as a self defense weapon when living in the city.  With hollow points and a 10 round clip it's enough to defend myself unless I upset the wrong type of ppl lol and less likely to end up in a neighbors house thru a wall.

My dad's a butcher and I grew up being with him on farm dressings often.  Definitely not squeamish around animal killing.  Just never had to or desired to do so myself to date.

Not sure how I would react until it happens. But if a shot presents itself and I am in the clear I might just take it . I have two 12 gauges a Winchester 1200 and a Mossberg 500,1 Remington 30-06 bolt action, two crossbows and bow, a Kimber 45acp and a 10 mm glock. I have thought about it a lot and have sat in tree stands waiting for the opportunity with no luck. I have had them near my stand  but never within a clear shot. I have felt threaten but never harmed and they have always been out of my site.  Have always felt them by the eeriness of my surrounding. But I would rather walk up on a already dead bigfoot and this would be my wish in my life time. If this was to happen to me I would stay silent about this and only a chosen few would know.

With as many times "they" could have stomped a mud hole of my arse and waded it dry but chose not to, the least I can do is reciprocate and try to behave like a real human being all the while walking in a quiet grace.

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Not sure how I would react until it happens. But if a shot presents itself and I am in the clear I might just take it . I have two 12 gauges a Winchester 1200 and a Mossberg 500,1 Remington 30-06 bolt action, two crossbows and bow, a Kimber 45acp and a 10 mm glock. I have thought about it a lot and have sat in tree stands waiting for the opportunity with no luck. I have had them near my stand  but never within a clear shot. I have felt threaten but never harmed and they have always been out of my site.  Have always felt them by the eeriness of my surrounding. But I would rather walk up on a already dead bigfoot and this would be my wish in my life time. If this was to happen to me I would stay silent about this and only a chosen few would know.

Can I ask why?

fame and fortune ? your name in the history books? It just seems so wrong to me to kill something like this that is so close to human minding it's own business while

just walking through the forest just trying to survive . I'm not judging your thoughts on it just would like to hear them.

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

a Kimber 45acp

Sweet gun. My favorite 45 maker so far. Have two full size Kimbers in my collection and my daily carry is my Kimber ultra carry 45acp... Not cheap but worth it.

Not me personally ,but I am pro kill .In the  name of science  for a specimen to be documented.

I carry a Kimber 1911 - conceal carry everywhere.

If anyone thinks a .45ACP is going to drop one of these things - you're going to be in for a real disappointment.

Then a surprise - as that critter is going to be really, really irritated.

1 minute ago, FarArcher said:

I carry a Kimber 1911 - conceal carry everywhere.

If anyone thinks a .45ACP is going to drop one of these things - you're going to be in for a real disappointment.

Then a surprise - as that critter is going to be really, really irritated.

I carry mine simply for rabid coons and rabid people I might encounter out in the woods or at the local grocery parking lot... If possible I would try for upper face shot, neck, ect shot with the 45 on a Bigfoot. I would like to carry a 50cal but since I'm only 5'6" and my 45 almost tips me over it's so heavy when wearing it. And anything much bigger than a 45 is going to put you at a disadvantage anyways. But lot of times when in the woods I also have my AR10, and it will drop what ever I shoot with it including Bigfoot. Hopefully if I ever have to shoot at one again I'll have my AR10 with me.

4 minutes ago, TritonTr196 said:

Hopefully if I ever have to shoot at one again I'll have my AR10 with me.

again? Did I miss something TT196?

5 minutes ago, TritonTr196 said:

I carry mine simply for rabid coons and rabid people I might encounter out in the woods or at the local grocery parking lot... If possible I would try for upper face shot, neck, ect shot with the 45 on a Bigfoot. I would like to carry a 50cal but since I'm only 5'6" and my 45 almost tips me over it's so heavy when wearing it. And anything much bigger than a 45 is going to put you at a disadvantage anyways. But lot of times when in the woods I also have my AR10, and it will drop what ever I shoot with it including Bigfoot. Hopefully if I ever have to shoot at one again I'll have my AR10 with me.

There's nothing on this earth that could survive 20 rounds of an AR10

I can think of maybe a couple things that twenty rounds of .308 may not stop in time.

I just happen to be in the camp of believing more often than not - you're somewhat surrounded.  There's what you see - and there's what you don't see.

7 minutes ago, hiflier said:

again? Did I miss something TT196?

Not unless I related our very first encounter with you in a private message. I know I told it to couple of people on here. Back in 88 we didn't even know what Bigfoot was only what was told on tv and the patterson film. It was never seen and pot shots were taken.

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

There's nothing on this earth that could survive 20 rounds of an AR10

With dangerous game there are times your lucky if you get one or two shots off.

And even if the animal is dead on its feet? It still can kill you in the mean time. And dirty semi autos jam....unlike a lever or a bolt. Leaving you with a 10 lbs billy club.

Thats why the guides don't pack .308's or semi autos into the bush for dangerous game.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic