Theory On How Sasquatch Travel Unnoticed...

Whistler

2 hours ago, VAfooter said:

So beware of the purple eyeshine.....

Unless you happen to be a Politician that’s very much in to Adult Bigfoot Movies, then I’d say “Go For It!”.. 😲🍿 

My understanding , in the general sense, is that eye shine colors vary depending on the light source? Eyes might reflect a different color in firelight as opposed to the bluer LED's or the incandescent bulbs. https://animalhow.com/glowing-animal-eyes-night/

"That perceived eye color at night depends on several factors like the animal’s actual eye color, the light source, and how the retina is constructed."   

I’m in the camp that believes they’re able to project the light from the inside of their eyes. How this is done- I have now eyedea, but I’ve just read, seen, and heard soo many reports where this is what the witness saw. These post also make me thinks it might be a good idea to start putting cameras on as many of these power line clearings as we can (if it’s not already being done), and this theory has some truth to it.. Who knows- we may end up getting the next best PGF of our generation doing something like this...

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

It is actually easy to remain undetected in the cover of the forest. I have done it myself on more than one occasion. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, Somerset said:

Shadow, i get all that but what i meant was unless BF knew where the clear cut went why use it? You dont jump on a highway without prior knowledge that it will take you where you want do you? I'm not talking about using one for a few 100/1000 yards i'm talking about the OP video implying they are BF highways and traversed for many many miles.

Somerset

One thing about these creatures is that they do not do things with out knowing. So when they do things it is done with a purpose. If they are walking that that open field it is because they have done it before and are moving to a destination that they want to go. We have to understand that we have  no idea how far they are able to travel in a single day or night. no one as been able to place a tracker let alone retrieve a body. I know that that we have estimated  a 50 - 80 mile travel route per night but who really knows. But routes that are close to wood lines are best and make it easer for them for cover when need too..

I'm not sure they really do travel all that "magically" unnoticed.    Some of our understanding of them traveling unnoticed has built in implications of how many there are.  We know there are some number of sightings.   If their numbers are very high, then that number of sightings requires remarkable care to avoid being seen.  On the other hand, if their numbers are low, that same number of sightings would mean they're really not very furtive at all, merely rare.  

And, of course, critters are not all this or all that.    Where they feel a need, like passing near residences, perhaps they're quite sneaky indeed, but when they don't feel a particular need for stealth, like when traveling cross country and not hunting, they may be quite unsneaky just going point A to point B with as little fuss and bother as possible.  

In understanding what they do or don't do, it's important to have context .. without "why", "what" has no meaning.

MIB

Human beings are not creatures of the night. We are not adapted for managing well at night. Mist of us ate inside at night, asleep. Those who are awake, are likely indoors. Those who are outdoors at night stay in well lit areas - roads and sidewalks mostly. They (bf) simply go where we do not go. That creek in a gully that runs through town? Probably dark at night, and no one is there. Usable terrain to them. Who is out at night? Homeless, mentally ill, crack heads, prostitutes, night shift employees etc - and even they stay in lit areas for the most part. I sometimes walk my dog at 11pm for the last time, and i could do anything i wanted out there - I'm surrounded by people inside their homes and no one sees me unless they make an effort, or by chance or mistake.  I don't have a problem with thinking bigfoots could get from here to there in the dark, right next to us. Besides, if you hear a noise in the dark, our instinct is to get to a light source, not check it out. They are our opposites in nealy every way.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Caves are highly realistic. Strong enough to dig new tunnels, use boulders or a boulder field as entry ways. Also, traveling with weather patterns, stepping on rocks and trying to swing from trees rather than leave prints. If theyre in a group I believe one will walk a higher elevation above the other as a lookout. 

2 hours ago, Hikingcoyote said:

Caves are highly realistic. Strong enough to dig new tunnels, use boulders or a boulder field as entry ways. Also, traveling with weather patterns, stepping on rocks and trying to swing from trees rather than leave prints. If theyre in a group I believe one will walk a higher elevation above the other as a lookout. 

Agreed on them using/making caves/dens of their own & agreed on your other theories as well 🤠👍🏼

On 6/26/2019 at 7:50 PM, wiiawiwb said:

It has be speculated for years that sasquatches travel along power lines.

from what I've read, most BiGFo0T stay away from man made structures.  I know theres been encounters near power lines though, like the ones where there are large sections of forest cleared for the power lines.   

6 hours ago, RedHawk454 said:

from what I've read, most BiGFo0T stay away from man made structures

John Green's database has 390 reports of Bigfoot near an occupied building, 71 near an unoccupied building, 50 near a camp, 15 near a bridge or a wharf, 83 near an occupied machine/vehicle, and 27 near an empty or unoccupied machine/vehicle. So over 630 instances of the creature being near a manmade object or a Human occupied location. But you are correct that most will stay away from such things.

Roads are another issue altogether and for the sake of accuracy I didn't include them even though they are also technically manmade. I think your were referring more to perhaps built and raised building-type structures which doesn't include the machinery/vehicle category? It still leaves about 460 reports just near buildings, occupied or not, which is about 10% of the reports in the database.

Edited by hiflier

On 7/30/2019 at 3:27 PM, hiflier said:

John Green's database has 390 reports of Bigfoot near an occupied building, 71 near an unoccupied building, 50 near a camp, 15 near a bridge or a wharf, 83 near an occupied machine/vehicle, and 27 near an empty or unoccupied machine/vehicle. So over 630 instances of the creature being near a manmade object or a Human occupied location. But you are correct that most will stay away from such things.

Roads are another issue altogether and for the sake of accuracy I didn't include them even though they are also technically manmade. I think your were referring more to perhaps built and raised building-type structures which doesn't include the machinery/vehicle category? It still leaves about 460 reports just near buildings, occupied or not, which is about 10% of the reports in the database.

Thats pretty neat then, it seems they have a tendency to avoid humans at all costs.  

BFF Patron

In my experience they move around freely both day and night if they believe that humans are not around.    If humans are present in any numbers they restrict their daytime movements and at a certain point and location they may only move around at night because of the risk of being seen.    Clear cuts drove them out of an active area that I had done research for several years.     They seem to need continuous cover to be able to transit an area in the daytime with any significant human presence.   I think it likely a matter of comfort level.     Priority one is avoid being seen.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 8:15 PM, Hikingcoyote said:

Wow , great points there. I also have heard that they look like spiders as they have the ability to crawl along the ground with great speed and agility. I have also heard that they can be standing very close to you and it is very hard to see them, they blend into the landscape, and look like stumps or trees. Those super large eyes give them almost perfect night vision, I think they are night time stalkers. They stalk their pray by altering their footsteps, like taking one step and waiting 3 minutes and then another and waiting 30 seconds and then another and waiting 1 minute, before the next. etc. and then travel very quietly through a few trees, before taking another step, on the ground. I believe that their sense of smell is as good as a blood hound, and can tell when someone is near, and where they are by smell alone. I don't know anything about their hearing, maybe someone can post something about that. Then their is that sense of just knowing when someone is in the area without seeing or hearing them, the same way that sometimes we can sense their presence, that feeling we get that we are being watched. I also believe that they can travel 250-300 miles without stopping for water or food.