Thermal Images

hiflier

SWWASAS, the funny thing is either they are dumb and don't know how to play the poker hand they're dealt or they're playing multi-dimensional chess while I'm hop-scotching around playing checkers.  I honestly don't know which but given their ability to keep themselves off the slab,  and vanish exactly when they need to, I'm going with the latter.

BFF Patron

They are very good at avoiding us.       They have likely had to do that for 100,000 + years or at least after we showed up after the end of the ice age if they were already here.      They also seem to hide and peek out from behind trees at night.      That suggests to me that they do not understand how poorly we see at night.      I think I have been within about 15 feet of one and did not see it.    It had gone into a crouch next to a log, and I walked right past it without seeing it,     letting me pass then zapped me with infrasound.    When I went back to the location, i could see a depression in the vegetation next to the log where something large had been laying.    Their cinnamon brown color is very good for looking like a stump or down wood in the PNW.     I think some are capable of making us lose consciousness with infrasound.    That would make the fading out of our dimension thing possible.     We would see them and when we wake up from the mini nap,   they would have walked away. 

Edited by SWWASAS

16 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

They are very good at avoiding us.       They have likely had to do that for 100,000 + years or at least after we showed up after the end of the ice age if they were already here.      They also seem to hide and peek out from behind trees at night.      That suggests to me that they do not understand how poorly we see at night.      I think I have been within about 15 feet of one and did not see it.    It had gone into a crouch next to a log, and I walked right past it without seeing it,     letting me pass then zapped me with infrasound.    When I went back to the location, i could see a depression in the vegetation next to the log where something large had been laying.    Their cinnamon brown color is very good for looking like a stump or down wood in the PNW.     I think some are capable of making us lose consciousness with infrasound.    That would make the fading out of our dimension thing possible.     We would see them and when we wake up from the mini nap,   they would have walked away. 

This actually doesn't make sense to me.

They actually should not have needed to avoid us for all of that time. Now? Yes...but up until a hundred years or so, they should have had the upper hand for awhile. Begs the question...how did we make it in some pockets?

BFF Patron

They avoided the NA before us.    That is not a new thing with them.   You should talk to the tribal elders in the PNW.   

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

They avoided the NA before us.    That is not a new thing with them.   You should talk to the tribal elders in the PNW.   

That's not possible. ;)

5 hours ago, NatFoot said:

This actually doesn't make sense to me.

They actually should not have needed to avoid us for all of that time. Now? Yes...but up until a hundred years or so, they should have had the upper hand for awhile. Begs the question...how did we make it in some pockets?

Every living creature living that walked on this planet, since time immortal, has learned to avoid humans. They've seen that if you screw with a human many more will come for you with their spears and arrows. 

They may have had the upper hand with a single human or two but they'd be toast against a village of angry humans seeking revenge.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Every living creature living that walked on this planet, since time immortal, has learned to avoid humans.

But most if not all have either ended up on someone's dinner plate, stuffed and mounted, stuck on a pin, or placed into a zoo. And now, apparently, Nessie doesn't exist, is Bigfoot next? Is suspected Human contamination of DNA samples showing us more than we care to admit? Let's face it folks, we are stuck in this mystery and unless people get serious enough to confront the issue on levels outside the woods then we will be tuck from now on.

But there is a way out of it. I'm going to suggest to Madison and Northwind to work on an approach in their research area to see if thy can find someone to take some e-DNA samples from their area. It would seem that there is enough evidence to support the endeavor. I read an article where there are methods of even getting DNA from track in snow to study winter migrations. Surely the footprints they have encountered are in substrates that would yield DNA. And since the footprint activity has been fairly consistent in their research area then chances might be good for nailing down the answer. Just a suggestion :) 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I don't believe that they avoided the Native Americans very much.  I think that the NA had many more run-ins (both hostile and neutral) than the subsequent white settlers experienced.

There was a theory floated a few years ago that basically said that Bigfoot was viewed as a cannibal giant by several Native American tribes who were forced to rely upon flint tipped arrows and lances for protection.  Once the white man arrived on the scene with his much more powerful firearms, the dynamic between human and Sasquatch changed. Afterwards these creatures became more reclusive and shy when facing weapons that were capable of taking them down.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

BFF Patron

My experience with NA with regard to Sasquatch is the Quinalt Tribe.   I think every tribe has their own history.    The Quinalt's  consider Sasquatch a spiritual forest people and if you are chosen to see one a great honor.   Their protocol is to avert your eyes in the presence of Sasquatch.   That is in the Olympic Peninsula where numbers are thought to be larger than most places yet sightings are still rare.     They are very concerned about the way those of European descent think it is a big ape.   

51 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

There was a theory floated a few years ago that basically said that Bigfoot was viewed as a cannibal giant by several Native American tribes who were forced to rely upon flint tipped arrows and lances for protection.  Once the white man arrived on the scene with his much more powerful firearms, the dynamic between human and Sasquatch changed. Afterwards these creatures became more reclusive and shy when facing weapons that were capable of taking them down.

That is an interesting perspective.   I'm not certain it is valid, but I'm not certain it is not.    It would be interesting to learn to make period-correct bows / arrows accurately matching what the tribal people had to work with, then see what their capabilities are compared to modern archery equipment.    If they were capable of killing elk or bison, that would say something.    On the other hand, if those required traps or spears, that would say something else.    Bow and arrow vs flintlock ... how many shots per minute?   (I don't know .. with my percussion hunting rifle, a shot per minute might not be achievable, certainly not maintainable for very long.)   And accuracy, bow and arrow vs smooth bore flintlock.       I guess my point is to stop and question our assumptions about the inferiority of authentic bows / arrows especially compared to the earliest firearms. 

MIB

BFF Patron

I had a recent reference to the Oregon Coastal  NA Tribes trading with BF.    It was the mountain man guy who is having BF contact.    You know I really do not like the NA term.   There are no native Americans.    We all emigrated.      The only exception that has yet to be studied is BF DNA.    Henceforth I will use First Peoples like our Canadian Neighbors use.   That is more descriptive and not misleading.  Anyway I digress.    The narrative mentioned the Coastal First peoples trading with bigfoot before Europeans arrived.     Certainly tribes that trade are not likely to have war with each other.   

6 minutes ago, MIB said:

That is an interesting perspective.   I'm not certain it is valid, but I'm not certain it is not.    It would be interesting to learn to make period-correct bows / arrows accurately matching what the tribal people had to work with, then see what their capabilities are compared to modern archery equipment.    If they were capable of killing elk or bison, that would say something.    On the other hand, if those required traps or spears, that would say something else.    Bow and arrow vs flintlock ... how many shots per minute?   (I don't know .. with my percussion hunting rifle, a shot per minute might not be achievable, certainly not maintainable for very long.)   And accuracy, bow and arrow vs smooth bore flintlock.       I guess my point is to stop and question our assumptions about the inferiority of authentic bows / arrows especially compared to the earliest firearms. 

MIB

While bows have a greater rate of fire than muzzleloading firearms, one of the main reasons that bows were surplanted is that the projectile/bullet has much greater penetration than an arrow.  Some Native Americans spoke of the Genoskwa.  The stone skinned Giants.  Their weapons were ineffective against these creatures.  Maybe a relatively inaccurate and slow to reload bullet was deadlier than a flint tipped arrows.

I don't believe that Native American bows were as powerful as their European and Asian equivalents. They used a pinch draw if I remember correctly.  Hard to draw a heavy bow that way.  I know that persistence hunting or simply driving the animals off of cliffs was their usual method of dispatching prey, so while I know that their bows were considered somewhat effective weapons I honestly can't say that a single NA hunter could take one of these things down with one.

On 11/25/2019 at 9:55 AM, SWWASAS said:

..........I think I have been within about 15 feet of one and did not see it.    It had gone into a crouch next to a log, and I walked right past it without seeing it,     letting me pass then zapped me with infrasound.    When I went back to the location, i could see a depression in the vegetation next to the log where something large had been laying...........

I remember reading a report in "Raincoast Sasquatch" of a person sitting in an idling car in the dark near Ketchikan and watching a sasquatch low crawling towards the back of his car like an infantryman crawling under gunfire. Scary report.........

19 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Every living creature living that walked on this planet, since time immortal, has learned to avoid humans. They've seen that if you screw with a human many more will come for you with their spears and arrows..........

It has been confirmed that the Japanese have been eating whales for some 5,000 years, and Inuit might have been eating them even longer. It is also confirmed that humans have been killing mammoths and mastadons for many thousands of years. 

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

I remember reading a report in "Raincoast Sasquatch" of a person sitting in an idling car in the dark near Ketchikan and watching a sasquatch low crawling towards the back of his car like an infantryman crawling under gunfire. Scary report.........

There are a few accounts out there of these things crawling.  And of course the 'spider crawl' is a common theme among witnesses on the Sasquatch Chronicles podcast.  According to those who claim to have seen it, it looks unnatural but graceful.

BFF Patron

I mentioned in another thread about a witness report I heard at a Portland Hopsquatch event.   I don't think it has ever made a data base.       A camper on an Oregon lake with a boat found a large juvenile rummaging around his boat.     They had a close face to face and the BF took off and never left moving on all fours for over a half mile.   It would seem that under close contact stress that a crouch is their position of choice.     Certainly makes sense in a world of armed humans.