There’s No Sasquatch Conspiracy Afoot, Scientists Say

Explorer

Good summary below on the scientific view of bigfoot research today and the unlikely  presence of a conspiracy.

The article has several good quotes from Dr. Sykes, Dr. Disotell, and Dr. McLeod.

Although, for those who have followed the field for the last 10 years, there is nothing new in this article.

https://hotalien.com/theres-no-sasquatch-conspiracy-afoot-scientists-say/

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Explorer said:

Good summary below on the scientific view of bigfoot research today and the unlikely  presence of a conspiracy.

The article has several good quotes from Dr. Sykes, Dr. Disotell, and Dr. McLeod.

Although, for those who have followed the field for the last 10 years, there is nothing new in this article.

https://hotalien.com/theres-no-sasquatch-conspiracy-afoot-scientists-say/

They also said UFO’s were swamp gas.

• Haha 1

It's a pretty good article. Never heard of the site but I see it is a blog (?) of a younger female with esoteric interests. That sort of cuts against the grain and good change of pace from the usual pessimistic nerdy boys.

1 hour ago, Explorer said:

The article has several good quotes from Dr. Sykes, Dr. Disotell, and Dr. McLeod..........

LOL.......yeah, it's a "good summary". And names have been named. But one is conspicuously missing: the freaking author's.

Who wrote this crap? Looks to me like classic 21st Century propaganda pablum. The mere fact that it was written proves that "they" know that we're talking about their negligence. Just one example that has been standing out for years now:

In 2014, Sykes led a study where scientists asked people to send them hairs that they suspected were from cryptids (mythological animals) like Sasquatch. They received 57 hair samples and were able to sequence 30 of them. While most of the samples revealed known mammals, two samples revealed what appeared to be a previously unrecognized species of bear.........

Excuse me, but where is the scrambling to find this mystery bear? Here's your answer; no cash from your tax dollars = "We don't care about this silly bear any more than we care about your ape man". 

In short, pay first, discover later........maybe.

Look, I can go on and on and on with this "article". Go ahead. Tempt me..........

2 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Look, I can go on and on and on with this "article". Go ahead. Tempt me..........

It's a younger generation lass, like 80 or 90 years younger than you, different values, different angle, different everything.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Arvedis said:

It's a younger generation lass, like 80 or 90 years younger than you, different values, different angle, different everything.

No doubt about that. She's a supposed sex writer. What good is that? It's like a guy who talks a good fight. 

I think it’s a pretty good article as well.  I don’t believe in a scientific conspiracy against BF.   It addresses accurately what I believe is bias among scientist but you can’t blame science as a whole for that. The problem(s), imo, is laziness or lack of interest.    

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Twist said:

........It addresses accurately what I believe is bias among scientist but you can’t blame science as a whole for that. The problem(s), imo, is laziness or lack of interest.    

Why can't science as an industry or ideology be blamed for widespread laziness or lack of interest in such a huge potential issue, especially as they play games with other species like polar bears?

And what about official government science like state/provincial wildlife management agencies and the USFWS, at the very minimum, not to mention government habitat managers like the USFS? The former (?) sex writer didn't address them very well. If there is a conspiracy to "disprove" (her word, and a foolish one at that) sasquatches, the official science guys would be the ones doing that. The academic science names she pitched are just whores chasing government money, and ignoring the issues that don't pay.

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

Why can't science as an industry or ideology be blamed for widespread laziness or lack of interest in such a huge potential issue, especially as they play games with other species like polar bears?

And what about official government science like state/provincial wildlife management agencies and the USFWS, at the very minimum, not to mention government habitat managers like the USFS? The former (?) sex writer didn't address them very well. If there is a conspiracy to "disprove" (her word, and a foolish one at that) sasquatches, the official science guys would be the ones doing that. The academic science names she pitched are just whores chasing government money, and ignoring the issues that don't pay.

Scientific bias against BF is what I do not believe you can blame science as a whole for.  I believe there are plenty of scientist that would love to publish a paper on BF if they had the means to produce a repeatable case for it.  They don’t have one so that’s where laziness and lack of interest comes in.

We can certainly definitely blame the government run agencies for ignoring or burying their heads in the sand.   They have an obligation to know what’s in their backyard.

What’s the deal with caring what else this person has written?   It was an interesting article and like them or not she seemed to be informed and referenced  the “scientific minds” that are commonly associated with BF.

Edited by Twist

22 minutes ago, Twist said:

Scientific bias against BF is what I do not believe you can blame science as a whole for.  I believe there are plenty of scientist that would love to publish a paper on BF if they had the means to produce a repeatable case for it.  They don’t have one so that’s where laziness and lack of interest comes in.

We can certainly definitely blame the government run agencies for ignoring or burying their heads in the sand.   They have an obligation to know what’s in their backyard.

What’s the deal with caring what else this person has written?   It was an interesting article and like them or not she seemed to be informed and referenced  the “scientific minds” that are commonly associated with BF.

But who advises the government on matters of “what is in their backyard”? Isn’t that the job of scientists?

I increasingly think that with all of the sensory equipment out there? It’s ridiculous to think that some branch of the government doesn’t know of its existence. Hence the reason why it’s a conspiracy.

More importantly? Is there precedence of the government lying to its citizens and covering up the presence of potentially harmful invaders? Absolutely!

I’m not excusing the government.  I’m excusing a primatologist at xyz school or a geneticist at another.  

If the government has proof and not releasing it that’s on them and I’d venture a guess that that decision is made above a government paid scientists pay grade.  

17 minutes ago, Twist said:

I’m not excusing the government.  I’m excusing a primatologist at xyz school or a geneticist at another.  

If the government has proof and not releasing it that’s on them and I’d venture a guess that that decision is made above a government paid scientists pay grade.  

Sure. But isn’t the scientist complicit in the affair? I guess I see the two much more entwined. Where does one bureaucracy start and the other stop?

Not all scientists are going to be privy to government intelligence. That’s true. But IF there is something out there and the government knows about it and is covering it up? What does that say about science’s competence?

UFO’s were swamp gas, Venus light infraction, figment of people’s imagination until one day a whistle blower from the government came out and said.....hey, these things are real, and we don’t know what they are, and they fly in our airspace with impunity.....

How do we go from black to white over night? I’m guessing that for whatever reason the government decided to let the cat out of the bag. Which is a scary thought in and of its self.

2 hours ago, Twist said:

Scientific bias against BF is what I do not believe you can blame science as a whole for.  I believe there are plenty of scientist that would love to publish a paper on BF if they had the means to produce a repeatable case for it.  They don’t have one so that’s where laziness and lack of interest comes in..........

Precisely. Like the author quoted, most would run over their mothers to publish, but until somebody delivers the goods for them to pontificate over, they not only won't do squat, but they'll pontificate about whether or not the people who they grovel to for money are covering up the situation by starving it of money. 

Somehow, I don't have a whole bunch of respect or need for such parasites, thanks. 

.........We can certainly definitely blame the government run agencies for ignoring or burying their heads in the sand.   They have an obligation to know what’s in their backyard........

Thank you for that admission. It has been my contention all along. The academic whores are simply parasites. It's the government "scientists" (really administrators with science backgrounds inculcated by the previously mentioned parasites) who are the ones likely guilty of meaningful laziness, criminal negligence, intentional coverup, or (most likely) a combination of all three, depending on the level of administration of those in the system who get sasquatch evidence dumped in their lap. 

........What’s the deal with caring what else this person has written?   It was an interesting article and like them or not she seemed to be informed and referenced  the “scientific minds” that are commonly associated with BF.

Hey, this is the new norm for "journalism", isn't it? It's like science; if a biologist opines on the global warming issue, his previous work is scrutinized, isn't it? This is a journalistic piece, is it not? Consider my opinion as "peer review". This author is going to get the kind of review Ketchum got. Fair enough, no? 

So, it's my opinion that the author needs to go back to sex writing. Her presentation on government coverup, as focused on the parasites who live on government funding, is lacking. I feel quite qualified as a career government cover-upper to review.her presentation. I'll also cheerfully review her sex articles, as well, as a fully qualified and widely proclaimed m**********r.

32 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Thank you for that admission. It has been my contention all along. The academic whores are simply parasites. It's the government "scientists" (really administrators with science backgrounds inculcated by the previously mentioned parasites) who are the ones likely guilty of meaningful laziness, criminal negligence, intentional coverup, or (most likely) a combination of all three, depending on the level of administration of those in the system who get sasquatch evidence dumped in their lap. 

Science states that BF does not exist. BF enthusiasts say that it does.   The same enthusiasts point to report sightings throughout almost the entire US.  There are ones that claim to have evidence but withhold it for various reasons.  Some claim that in “inner circles” there are multiple clear and convincing photos.   Maybe as a BF community we need to like within as to why this mystery is not solved.  We can and should point fingers at the government on the issue but we also need to realize fingers need to be pointed at us as well.    

We keep yelling there is smoke that should lead to a fire but we can’t reliably produce said smoke and get upset that they won’t acknowledge the fire.

• Upvote 1