There’s No Sasquatch Conspiracy Afoot, Scientists Say

Explorer

Thanks for the thoughtful reply and points!

10 minutes ago, ioyza said:

.........The only slight questioning I have with regards to your most recent line of thinking re: international cooperation of governments is the difference in approach to the topic by some of these nations, e.g. China's quasi-official recognition of the species in the establishment of Shenonngjia or Malaysia's official protection of the Orang Pendek (although I can't find reference to this fact now..). Still, these could be seen as mild concessions or "soft disclosures" in the same way the whole AATIP thing blew over with the general public hardly batting an eye, or even noticing........

Agreed. It reminds me of the county ordinances passed by Skamania County specifically prohibiting the killing of a sasquatch. It was likely proposed and passed simply as a public expression to discourage kooks with guns from shooting at upright figures in the woods, in addition to a specific legal tool to aid criminal prosecution in the case of accidental manslaughter. But uf the Zana story is accurate, shooting a sasquatch is essentially murder. They are clearly not Homo sapien, but they are of the genus Homo if they can successfully interbreed with us. By definition, they are every bit as human as Neanderthals and Denisovans.

I guess I would like the world to know about them, if only for the seismic shift in ideology it would cause.........

I understand. I've just come around to the realization that widespread acceptance of their existence = exploitation and abuse. Again, the experience of Zana is telling, even to the point of sexual exploitation, which borders on bestiality. We exploit and abuse each other. It's just a sick fact of life. And I really don't see any good results for these creatures. We will essentially stuff the rotten fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil down their throats. 

Hell, I wish I had been born a sasquatch and not a man............