The Jacobs Photo Is A Juvenile Sasquatch

Guest Forbig

I'll ask again, is there a link to this claim/report?

I'm doubly curious now, because of tirademan's link to the Bushnell $1,000,000 Sasquatch photo contest.

RayG

If that was on paper it will probably have to be scanned before it could be available and it still don't prove this was a Sasquatch. I remember Bushnell being involved with those pictures they did look for proof by offering a reward and couldn't find any. I've seen their link and I think it's probably still open I'll see if I can find it.

Guest Lesmore

post-987-053008800 1310678351_thumb.jpg

Like the old chimp photo I still think I can get in that position better than a bear could I guess I'm just camera shy.

Certainly looks like some member of the Ape family....but the picture is hardly conclusive evidence of BF. Where was it taken, what is it aside from maintaining it's a BF, etc.

The Jacobs photos do not depict a bear *because* there were other bears in the vicinity at about the same time. They depict a bear because, despite the odd angles and sparse pelage, the anatomy of the subject is entirely consistent with that of a young black bear. We are simply not used to seeing thin, lightly-haired, young bears and its proportions look odd.

things look really different sans hair

mangey cub

ours-maladie.jpg

mangey racoon

Raccoon,+bald.jpeg

"Mangey" cat

hairless.jpg

Mangey Coyote

chupacabra-1.jpg?w=409&h=290

Edited by slabdog

Guest Forbig

The Jacobs photos do not depict a bear *because* there were other bears in the vicinity at about the same time.

It wasn't about the same time it was 27 minutes before and they never returned. That in itself raises some serious questions. The sizes were determined using the same technique later used at the Kenny Mahoney case on Monster Quest, and then on the McKenzie river with Bobo as a model. The best attempt at measuring it produced 22 inch long arms and a 18 3/4 torso. Those proportions are impossible for it to be a bear.

That poor racoon looks aweful Slabdog! I'd seen the bear pic before and am firmly in the bear camp no matter how much this topic is debated. I think that, as Saskeptic pointed out, we're just not used to seeing lightly haired bears at that angle. It would have taken a bit of thought to identify that racoon if you hadn't labeled it.

Guest gershake

I'd readily accept it as a bear if someone could point out to me where the ears are. IMO, the picture is just inconclusive either way.

Guest Forbig

That poor racoon looks aweful Slabdog! I'd seen the bear pic before and am firmly in the bear camp no matter how much this topic is debated. I think that, as Saskeptic pointed out, we're just not used to seeing lightly haired bears at that angle. It would have taken a bit of thought to identify that racoon if you hadn't labeled it.

An engineer plus scientists from Duke worked out the size and displayed pictures that were published in a science magazine for young school students. Both staked out measurements and a model were used on this creature. This was done in the very same spot where it stood using "that angle" at the location where it was originally filmed using the same Bushnell camera strapped on the same tree. Primate sized models precisely matched the original picture.

Edited by Forbig

FORBIG-

Do you have a link to this study? or perhaps some more info about where to find it?

Edited by Drew

Check out the proportions of the Jacob's creature as it gets hit by a police cruiser.

It's in 4x4 and everything.

I'd readily accept it as a bear if someone could point out to me where the ears are. IMO, the picture is just inconclusive either way.

Argeed, I would also like to know why a bear would contort its body in such a ridiculous manner just to put its head to the ground in photo #2.

Guest Cervelo

Argeed, I would also like to know why a bear would contort its body in such a ridiculous manner just to put its head to the ground in photo #2.

Uhmmm for the same reason biggie would? :)

Edited by Cervelo

Guest Forbig

FORBIG-

Do you have a link to this study? or perhaps some more info about where to find it?

Yes I do, somebody else asked me the other day and I didn't but I went to the library where I first seen it. It was ISSN 1442-2212 some of the engineers work was also talked about here:

http://s2.excoboard.com/BFRO/151130/1899207

There's also some videos on YT I've seen that have shown people comparing models... one has some of the engineers work.