Patty is a large Paranthropus?

norseman

Thanks for posting that Norseman. Interesting observations here...I guess today all content is marketed as "shocking", but hardly is this that, I don't think.

We talk here a lot about how the enigma of the Squatch morphology and behavior  lends itself to all kinds of speculation and (sometimes) dubious theories. I've proposed my share of those, and enjoy painting on this blank canvas as much as the next guy. With all due respect to Dr. Meldrum though,  my reaction to this theory is pretty much a shrug.  I mean, can you not cherry pick any characteristic of BF and draw conclusions about it being an ape, a hominid, an ape-hominid, a giant lemur, just about anything you'd care to propose? It might be some or none of those, for all we are able to say.   That Patty has a passing similarity to an extinct precursor of H. sapiens (which they MIGHT be)  is not much of a revelation, any more than saying a modern human has some similarities to a chimpanzee.   After all, when your data set includes the criteria: Mammal, bipedal, binocular vision, opposable thumbs....the similarities are as plentiful as the differences. That this somehow moves the needle towards proof that Patty was an ape, and not a human? Not so much, for me. 

Edited by WSA
  • Upvote 4

No, nor is it Giganto. It is much more likely to be some form of relic humanish offshoot if soley because when every other form of great ape has been found in places much more remote than North America, this thing continues to elude..... and thats not even getting into the absurdity of getting Giganto from Southern Asia to North America.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, starchunk said:

No, nor is it Giganto. It is much more likely to be some form of relic humanish offshoot if soley because when every other form of great ape has been found in places much more remote than North America, this thing continues to elude..... and thats not even getting into the absurdity of getting Giganto from Southern Asia to North America.

Absurd? If your hypothesis is that it’s a relic hominid? You have the same problem as the Gigantopethicus crowd. How did it get from Africa to the Americas? South east Asia is a walk in the park by comparison.

If Sasquatch is primarily a plant eater? As Meldrum theorizes? It would explain as Mag theorizes that it doesn’t have to come into contact with farmers and ranchers and domestic livestock. Reports are pretty sporadic, and obviously this would put a spot light upon it. All other predators target domestic livestock. Especially in areas where it has replaced the local fauna.

Admittedly I do not know much about Paranthropus, but found Meldrums presentation interesting.

There's a Bigfoot Lecture on the "Sasquatch Science" Bigfoot Lecture DVD's sold on eBay, has Meldrum, Green, Bindernagel and Strasenburgh lectures on them... anyways, Strasenburgh think Bigfoot is the Robustus species they've found bones of all over Africa that migrated into Asia and then the Americans! 

I didn't know it's complete name is "Paranthropus Robustus" and I didn't know that Strasenburgh had just recently died... Jeesh, not many people still alive that were in the "Sasquatch Odyssey" Documentary except for Peter Byrne who's 99 1/2 years old, hope he makes it to 109 1/2!! 

I googled most of the people in the Sasquatch Odyssey Documentary and they've all died except for Peter Byrne or there was no info on them, not just the Four Horseman but all the people in the ending credits!  

Who's the new Four Horseman 2020? 

I nominate: 

Bobo 

Flipy 

Barackman 

MoneyMaker 

Lmao! 

Someone set up a poll!!! 

Not sure why the letters got bigger, didn't do that on purpose!

From what I've Googled on the Robustus it looked like what most people describe a Bigfoot as looking like, my encounter was a moonlit night sighting so I didn't see lots of detail other that size, eyeshine, pointy gorilla type head, etc... 

IMG_20191104_133657.jpg

• Thanks 1

Robustus looks like a missing link between a Gorilla and a Bigfoot!  Look at the Gorilla features including a crest then the very Human looking teeth of this Biped!

IMG_20191104_134011.jpg

IMG_20191104_134541.jpg

IMG_20191104_134647.jpg

IMG_20191104_134500.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, norseman said:

Absurd? If your hypothesis is that it’s a relic hominid? You have the same problem as the Gigantopethicus crowd. How did it get from Africa to the Americas? South east Asia is a walk in the park by comparison.

If Sasquatch is primarily a plant eater? As Meldrum theorizes? It would explain as Mag theorizes that it doesn’t have to come into contact with farmers and ranchers and domestic livestock. Reports are pretty sporadic, and obviously this would put a spot light upon it. All other predators target domestic livestock. Especially in areas where it has replaced the local fauna.

Admittedly I do not know much about Paranthropus, but found Meldrums presentation interesting.

We don't know conclusively that all humans started in Africa, thats the thing. The first to get to North America isn't known either. School would still have you believe it was Columbus, when its been proven the Vikings were there first, and they weren't first either, Neolithic hunters from Europe likely found their way to North America along Greenland/Iceland and then Canada when sea levels werent the same. The one thing that has been proven is humans have a pesky way to showing up earlier than thought originally, and almost all the Native American tribes have some kind of Bigfootish archetype, making the case they were here earlier still, whereas the likelihood of a big ape being here, little to none. Just my 2 cents but if Meldrum is still pushing the Giganto thing then its just to Academically save face.

1 hour ago, starchunk said:

We don't know conclusively that all humans started in Africa, thats the thing. The first to get to North America isn't known either. School would still have you believe it was Columbus, when its been proven the Vikings were there first, and they weren't first either, Neolithic hunters from Europe likely found their way to North America along Greenland/Iceland and then Canada when sea levels werent the same. The one thing that has been proven is humans have a pesky way to showing up earlier than thought originally, and almost all the Native American tribes have some kind of Bigfootish archetype, making the case they were here earlier still, whereas the likelihood of a big ape being here, little to none. Just my 2 cents but if Meldrum is still pushing the Giganto thing then its just to Academically save face.

We dont? I think that we do know that conclusively. Through DNA. Albeit many successive waves over 100’s of thousands of years representing different species in the genus Homo. 

As far as recent Vikings and Columbus it is not germane to our debate.

It looks like to me that Meldrum is meeting you in the middle. As Paranthropus is much closer to modern humans than Gigantopethicus is......

The mastodon kill find that is 130,000 years old I think proves some form of human activity in the Americas long before modern humans left Africa.

3 minutes ago, norseman said:

We dont? I think that we do know that conclusively. Through DNA. Albeit many successive waves over 100’s of thousands of years representing different species in the genus Homo. 

As far as recent Vikings and Columbus it is not germane to our debate.

It looks like to me that Meldrum is meeting you in the middle. As Paranthropus is much closer to modern humans than Gigantopethicus is......

The mastodon kill find that is 130,000 years old I think proves some form of human activity in the Americas long before modern humans left Africa.

The 'Out Of Africa' theory has its challengers.  I wouldn't say that the science is settled. 

Multi-regional evolution is still gaining some ground, although the status quo types still back the Africa theory.

Anthropologists can just come out and say the fossil record is too incomplete to make anything more than a wild guess.  They need something to put in the textbooks.

• gigantor featured this topic
9 hours ago, norseman said:

......If your hypothesis is that it’s a relic hominid? You have the same problem as the Gigantopethicus crowd. How did it get from Africa to the Americas?........

They walked, just like all the other critters, including homo sapiens.......unless you subscribe to the theory that homo sapiens got here by boat from Siberia, which I believe is very possible.

4 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing .I don't see the similarities between a 7 foot film subject and a short man ape.

The thread says a "Large Paranthropus"!

Things change given enough time, interbreeding and mutations, looks like Human Evolution was mostly interbreeding and mutations.  Europeans picked up many mutations carried by the Neanderthals as did Asians and the Denisovans will be lumped in as Human also if they've not already like the Neanderthals have!  

Look for this thing to be lumped in as Human also in the near future as it's already been found in small percentages in modern Humans like Denisovans and Neanderthals! 

• gigantor unfeatured this topic