Jump to content
norseman

Patty is a large Paranthropus?

Recommended Posts

Twist
3 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

 unless someone is taking their 7 year old with extremely splayed toes to run around barefoot on dirt and rocks during a cold spell.


Correct me if I’m wrong but extremely splayed toes would lend credence to the idea that the subject did not spend great time in modern shoes.    Splayed toes tend to develop with bare feet I believe.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
18 minutes ago, Twist said:

Splayed toes tend to develop with bare feet I believe.

 

Would age make a difference then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
6 hours ago, Twist said:


Correct me if I’m wrong but extremely splayed toes would lend credence to the idea that the subject did not spend great time in modern shoes.    Splayed toes tend to develop with bare feet I believe.  

Yeah, I said that tongue in cheek.  

 

I don't see a way that  a human child made this particular print.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Patterson-Gimlin
On 11/11/2019 at 8:07 AM, SackScratch said:

New archeological finds uncovered every year, adding to the puzzle, there might be Giganto Bones buried under a Strip Mall or Walmart parking lot but we'll never know about it or a city built on top of unbelievable archeological finds, humans are trying to pave over everything so nothing can grow which also covers up whatever may be buried underneath the parking lots, strip malls, highways, thousands of Wal-Mart's, apartment buildings, cookie cutter houses, etc... In Lubbock Texas an area that was covered with Buffalo and other wildlife is now covered with Cookie Cutter Houses that all look identical, basements are rarely built in Lubbock but occasionally someone with enough money to have the basement dug out will randomly dig up bones of all sorts of things like Mammoths, Native American artifacts, and unknown extinct creatures and Lubbock is just one little dot on the map!  

In other words no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
7 hours ago, hiflier said:

There are reports in John Green's database about seeing one or more juveniles without "parents" around. Doesn't mean adults wouldn't be close by though. Your observations are curious though. Is there any indications that the "7 year old" is the only one? Same prints every time? Any way to determine if there re more than one individual running/walking around? Any predator prints in the same general area? Any recent wildfires where a juvenile may have been orphaned? How about available food or water sources that may keep a creature more local? It's hunting season so caves as hiding places? Any bat colonies in the vicinity that you are aware of?

 

Sorry for the questions but there are so many factors to consider, especially where you type of finds are concerned. 

No recent wildfires. There are black bears and mountain lions in the area.  Tons of food and water.

 

I will know more when we return to the area next week.  We were just scouting out the area since our last spot went suddenly quiet.  Came across the prints right before dark, then experienced some pretty odd vocalitions once it began to get dark.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NatFoot
8 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah, I said that tongue in cheek.  

 

I don't see a way that  a human child made this particular print.

 

Pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
17 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

We were just scouting out the area since our last spot went suddenly quiet

 

I read this a lot. Now, I don't wish to sound harsh but I've been seeing a pattern? T seriously think the reason things "went suddenly quiet" is the same reason it goes quiet for everyone else. It's because Humans have entered the area. In fact, I'd be very surprised to hear that things DIDN'T go quiet.

 

I don't go off-trail any more because I don't want any any Bigfoots, should they be around, to "suddenly go quiet". I truly think that by staying on-trail that the creatures will actually venture closer. My reasoning? They may not get the feeling that I'm hunting them or anything else. So I no longer bushwhack. And I have never howled or tree-knocked as it sends messages to other animals- like Sasquatch prey who may be stressed enough if Sasquatches are around. There is a place for everything in the woods and more and more I am of the mind that my place in on the trails. Nearly all animals, large and small use trails. Why should I be any different? If anything it would make me look as normal as everything else. Bushwhacking does not make me look like anything else but an intrusive hunter which is not the impression I want to telegraph to a Bigfoot.

Edited by hiflier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
11 minutes ago, hiflier said:

 

I read this a lot. Now, I don't wish to sound harsh but I've been seeing a pattern? T seriously think the reason things "went suddenly quiet" is the same reason it goes quiet for everyone else. It's because Humans have entered the area. In fact, I'd be very surprised to hear that things DIDN'T go quiet.

 

I don't go off-trail any more because I don't want any any Bigfoots, should they be around, to "suddenly go quiet". I truly think that by staying on-trail that the creatures will actually venture closer. My reasoning? They may not get the feeling that I'm hunting them or anything else. So I no longer bushwhack. And I have never howled or tree-knocked as it sends messages to other animals- like Sasquatch prey who may be stressed enough if Sasquatches are around. There is a place for everything in the woods and more and more I am of the mind that my place in on the trails. Nearly all animals, large and small use trails. Why should I be any different? If anything it would make me look as normal as everything else. Bushwhacking does not make me look like anything else but an intrusive hunter which is not the impression I want to telegraph to a Bigfoot.

We have gone into this area several times and experienced activity, both on and off trail.  Moving off the trail seemed to have zero effect on the activity.  

 

However, the last time that we went there was absolutely zero activity.  As we explored some more we found that there had been some trail maintenance that had occurred in the adjacent area.  No activity on that visit or the subsequent one either.  Whatever was going on there went dormant, either because of the trail maintenance or some other unknown factor.  Maybe it just moved on?  We are going to revisit the area in a few months.

 

I do agree with you as far as making calls or wood knocks.  I don't make noise trying to get a response, nor do I respond when I hear anything.  I don't think that people are fooling these creatures when they do these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I don't think that people are fooling these creatures when they do these things.

 

Agreed. And I think giving an area at least a few months respite as you say is a fine idea. If there are juveniles around and there's food in the vicinity to feed them then that should take priority- especially this time of year when food supply may be dwindling down. Being hungry is no fun when one has to keep on the move from, or around, an area that one knows has food available within it. Don't think it presents a dangerous situation but with wild creatures it may depend on how hungry and desperate they become. 

Edited by hiflier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MIB
15 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

We have gone into this area several times and experienced activity, both on and off trail.  Moving off the trail seemed to have zero effect on the activity.  

 

However, the last time that we went there was absolutely zero activity.  As we explored some more we found that there had been some trail maintenance that had occurred in the adjacent area.  No activity on that visit or the subsequent one either.  Whatever was going on there went dormant, either because of the trail maintenance or some other unknown factor.  Maybe it just moved on?  We are going to revisit the area in a few months.

 

I do agree with you as far as making calls or wood knocks.  I don't make noise trying to get a response, nor do I respond when I hear anything.  I don't think that people are fooling these creatures when they do these things.

 

How long have you "worked" that area?    Long enough to establish multi-year patterns?   I ask because some places seem to have year around activity which may ebb and flow, but is always present.   Other places seem to be very seasonal.    I would definitely go back to your area in a couple months as planned but I would also go back at a time of year when there was past activity next year and the year after because some areas with sporadic activity have it in a particular season but it doesn't occur every year.     It seems kind of like how my family would host my cousins one Christmas, visit my dad's parents the next Christmas, my mom's parents the following Christmas, then maybe repeat, but every few cycles, break even further to spend Christmas with dad's cousin.   In other words, if there was going to be a "thing" at our house, it would be at Christmas, but you couldn't be sure it would be every Christmas.   Trying to pattern us would have been ... challenging.   What I'm suggesting is you figure out the characteristics of the time when you had activity there in the past, then try again next time those conditions occur, and don't give up if it doesn't pay off the first or second attempt.

 

MIB

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
1 hour ago, MIB said:

 

How long have you "worked" that area?    Long enough to establish multi-year patterns?   I ask because some places seem to have year around activity which may ebb and flow, but is always present.   Other places seem to be very seasonal.    I would definitely go back to your area in a couple months as planned but I would also go back at a time of year when there was past activity next year and the year after because some areas with sporadic activity have it in a particular season but it doesn't occur every year.     It seems kind of like how my family would host my cousins one Christmas, visit my dad's parents the next Christmas, my mom's parents the following Christmas, then maybe repeat, but every few cycles, break even further to spend Christmas with dad's cousin.   In other words, if there was going to be a "thing" at our house, it would be at Christmas, but you couldn't be sure it would be every Christmas.   Trying to pattern us would have been ... challenging.   What I'm suggesting is you figure out the characteristics of the time when you had activity there in the past, then try again next time those conditions occur, and don't give up if it doesn't pay off the first or second attempt.

 

MIB

 

We have been in that area for a couple of years.  We'll go back.  Just giving that spot a bit of a break.  We are fortunate enough to be centrally located between a few areas of interest. North Georgia, upstate South Carolina, western North Carolina, the Smokeys...  We usually try to balance checking out new areas with focusing on our usual spot.  Just as our main spot went quiet, we stumbled across the spot with activity.  Serendipitous, I know.  

 

These areas have traditionally been rural and undeveloped for the most part.  There is a lot of development going on in certain parts of the region that is upsetting the status quo as far as these creatures are concerned.  

 

Your advice is great and very much appreciated.  We will definitely revisit that area. Thanks!

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier

There are members here who don't post but rarely but are in your neck of the woods. One is rather famous in BF research circles and has a coupla of books out. The first one is called "Southern Bigfoot Files Alabama". Here on the BFF he goes by the user name "Branco". The name on his books is Tal H. Branco and he was an Alabama/Georgia BF researcher but I think has moved more into Arkansas. The other member goes by "Tr196" and his team researches quite a bit in the Daniel Boone National Forest and also the Smokies, too, if I remember correctly.

Edited by hiflier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arvedis
On 11/4/2019 at 9:13 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing .I don't see the similarities between a 7 foot film subject and a short man ape.

 

Yes but some people see a need to mention every member of human and primate evolution on a bigfoot forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
20 hours ago, Arvedis said:

 

Yes but some people see a need to mention every member of human and primate evolution on a bigfoot forum.

 

Why not? No one knows what it is. It’s all purely speculation. That’s why this forum exists. Debate and speculate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...