BigFoot Don't Contour

WSA

Thank you for clarifying. It's amazing how much more we know about such events just from being on the BFF :) Your bus driver friend must still think about that day. Good descriptive writing, too, Airdale. I could see the scene clearly.

I think the reason a BF goes straight up the mountain is understandable.  If you are in good shape and being chased by a short, fat kid, how would you elude him? Put him through the wringer.  Take the steepest, most littered path up a mountain.  You'll drop him in a second based on the difference in physicality between you and him.

No doubt they've observed us and know the difference in strength and speed between them and us.  A buddy of mine use to do building races. How fast can go up the stairwell in tall buildings.  We  backpacked all the time and he was a monster on the mountain. Never met anyone who could keep up with him going vertical.

I'm sure a sasquatch knows exactly how to leave us in the dust.

• Upvote 1

I am pretty sure that they are like any other animal. Especially like deer that have hunted and have caught of guard on ridges. Most of the deer that I have seen have just plainly ran straight up the hills that I have caught of guard in the low valleys.  Not once have I seen them zig zag  or go up the hill side ways. So it only makes sense that these creatures would do the same thing as any other creature that lives out in the wild. 

As far as roads are concern I am sure there is some reasoning that they have when they run into our roads. For one thing they are always moving with in the forest so when they see some thing that is a hard surface like a road. I am sure that it makes them wonder why there might be a difference which leads them to reasoning.  They might not understand why there is a difference in terrain so they become stumped. Now again I am just assuming on my part. But if we have never seen a road in our life time and all of a sudden stumble up on one what would we do?  How would we react to this road after seeing this for the first time if we have intelligence. The same can go with automobiles and how we would react to them after seeing them for the first time. These things would change our lives just like these creatures are changing the lives of those who have seen them. I

I am just trying to place my self in there eyes and trying to understand what they are seeing. If they are intelligent then the things that they are seeing for the first time must have also have them stumped. This could be why they are some times tuck at the side of the road since they might not be sure on what to do until they are nut given an option. This could be why they cross with out haste as well as look puzzled when it comes to roads. Again I'm just assuming.

SSR Team

Yeah there's been a lot of reports of them being hit, dozens.

Then probably the same amount of "what happened next ?" scenarios for the follow up parts, everything from "it got up and ran off" to the "MIB arriving and took the body away".

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

Yeah there's been a lot of reports of them being hit, dozens.

Then probably the same amount of "what happened next ?" scenarios for the follow up parts, everything from "it got up and ran off" to the "MIB arriving and took the body away".

Yeah, but I am sure that everyone here has seen a vehicle that has hit a deer.  There is blood, tissue, and fur left on the vehicle.

What is happening to THAT evidence?  Are the MIB washing the car before they leave with the body?  Impounding the vehicles?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Yeah, but I am sure that everyone here has seen a vehicle that has hit a deer.  There is blood, tissue, and fur left on the vehicle.

In 2000 our family and two of our kid's friends were returning to Helena late on a Sunday night from Idaho with our RV. We stopped at a rest area on I-90 between Missoula and Helena for a break and found a young man sitting on the curb, head in hands, in front of an F-350 4WD pickup with a mangled front end. He'd hid a whitetail just before the off ramp and managed to limp into the rest area. The bumper was hanging loose, the front tires pointing in different directions and there were mangled deer remains under the front end. The man, nineteen, was a farrier with a fast growing business in nearby Deer Lodge and bought the truck new in Missoula that weekend and was headed to Nebraska to visit his girlfriend. My guess is that anyone that hit a full grown squatch hard enough to kill it with any personal sized vehicle would be lucky indeed to survive the collision. 

It's my opinion that mist of them are so strong,  that nothing gets in their way. They can just plow thru blackberry brambles that would make me cry.

I think they do road crossings on purpose. A test of courage or counting coup.

They're not stupid or ignorant, they're just weird and think very differently than us as far as acceptable risks and physicality. 

15 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

It's my opinion that mist of them are so strong,  that nothing gets in their way. They can just plow thru blackberry brambles that would make me cry.

I think they do road crossings on purpose. A test of courage or counting coup.

They're not stupid or ignorant, they're just weird and think very differently than us as far as acceptable risks and physicality. 

Yup.

The may or may not be related to us, but they definitely don't seem to think like humans.  

They may not be extraterrestrial, but 'alien' could certainly be used to describe them.  I don't even know if the counting coup theory isn't anthropomorphizing them too much. 

Why be so elusive, yet come up to an occupied home just to slap the sides? What purpose could that serve?  Maybe it is a way of counting coup, or a coming of age ritual...

What if the slapping of the house or a camper is to get the occupant to come out and investigate. What if they do know how to count and the reason they slap the house or camper is to get everyone out. If they know how to count then they would know how to react in any situation. The same goes with them throwing rocks or even whistling. They may use this as a tool to get us to move a certain way or place where they want us to go. They might even use it to make us move away from a place that they do not want us to go. A distraction. I would say that this is very smart and this could very well be with knocking on trees when they see humans in the area. 

I have often knocked and heard them knocked close but then have had them knocked farther out in distance. So They may be using these knocks as a way to figure out where we as humans that might be bothering them may be in position from them. Again I am speculating. But this does not mean that they might not want to mess with us every so often. As we know of them now we have no idea of their family structure. They might keep their family in some secure area of wilderness where we might not be able to reach. The males and every so often a occasional female might be spotted that might be doing the hunting and the gathering. Again I am speculating . 

On the show they have talked about how the forest has gone silent. I cannot tell you how many times that this has happen to me while hunting. It is so unnatural while you sit there out in the forest in the early hours. This is the time when everything should be waking up and start forging for food. Yet, the woods will be so silent that it seems so spooky.  It seems spooky because you are alone sitting on your stand waiting for the sun to come up. On top of that you might be sitting in a swamp where it might not really light up with the sun. The other thing about this show that also come's with the silence is the smell that so often creeps up on Russell.

I have walked on trails and smelled this awful smell at times. When I go to see from where the smell is coming from the smell goes away. It seems like what ever is giving off this smell is aware of it and tries to hide it's smell. So it seems to understand the wind. and is self aware of the it smells. It understands our expression in our faces. Again I am speculating but with observation. The headaches that the two researchers had have I still do not understand. My experience has always been from hearing a low growl/grunt like sound. My feeling very sick to my stomach and confuse and barely being able to make to the truck and back home.  Once at home just being laid out in the couch or in bed for about a week. So I am not sure how Russell received his head ache since I did not hear a low growl or low moan or any low sound. So how did they received these head aches? and why are they not focusing as well? Should this not be important and a part of the bigfoot phenomena. If this is effecting people then this should be studied as a part of why maybe people might be getting lost. Again I am thinking out of the box and speculating. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

If this is effecting people then this should be studied as a part of why maybe people might be getting lost. Again I am thinking out of the box and speculating. 

Good point. And it's okay to be outside the box, ShadowBorn.

14 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

On the show they have talked about how the forest has gone silent. I cannot tell you how many times that this has happen to me while hunting.

Indeed.   In my favorite hunting spot, it was not real uncommon to have areas of silence move through around me.   In other words, things did not necessarily go silent where I was, but there would be 1-3 moving spots a quarter mile away where the birds and squirrels would go quiet, then fill back in behind as if something was moving through.    

Back in the mid 80s I was home from college for summer and something odd happened.    There is a 180 acre field surrounded by forest near our house.   A dirt two-track crosses the field and long it is a fence splitting the field into two pastures.  (It is USFS, not private, and rented out for grazing.)   Sun was going down, about half the field in sun and half in shade from the mountain.    I noticed that birds were pretty noisy out some distance from me but it was dead silent where i was.   A bit "off."   There are a few small grassy "fingers" extending from the flat field up the hill into the timber a short ways.   On one of those there was a buck in velvet.   He seemed to be staring at me or near me.     He spun and took off running up the "finger" toward the edge of the trees.    That's when things got weird.   The field where I was had not been grazed so the grass was chest to shoulder high.    A patch of that grass about 25-30 feet was flattened out.    That patch took off on an intercept course toward the fleeing deer.   Ahead the grass would flatten out, behind it would spring back up.   It was as if a giant invisible beach ball were rolling across the field in pursuit of that deer.   Because the deer was running sort of on a diagonal, that patch of flattened grass traveled a curved course, not a straight line.

I don't know what that was.   I think it was after me given how things seemed to go silent around me and I think it was real close.    I often wonder what would have happened to me if the deer had not drawn the attention of whatever it was away from me by running.  

MIB

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

SSR Team
On 1/8/2020 at 6:01 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

What is happening to THAT evidence?  Are the MIB washing the car before they leave with the body?  Impounding the vehicles?

No idea.

I have no doubt that it's happened though, law of averages says it would virtually have to.