Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

4 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I flew with a guy who was a marine special forces operator in Vietnam.     If what he did was known,  and he was fairly open with me because of my service record,    he would be considered in today's world, a war criminal.    They operated by slipping undetected into remote villages, in Vietcong territory, find the sympathetic to the North village leaders and assassinating them so there was no doubt it was done by US forces,   then slipping away without detection.     The objective being making being friendly with the North Vietnamese, dangerous to your health.........

The North Vietnamese and Viet Cong did the exact same thing.

........If someone with those skills were thrown against the bigfoot question,  we just might succeed in establishing contact, observation,  and collecting one for science.    I suspect that the government has already used people with those skills for that purpose.       While we weekend bigfoot research warriors, may think we are adequate for the task,   most of us are not trained, equipped, and well practiced in the necessary skills to establish and maintain contact with a tribe of bigfoot that does not want to be found.     Some who have in the military would be my best choice for similar operations regarding bigfoot.

99% of the holdup is permission. There are numerous reports from hunters who had a shit but didn't take it due to ethical concerns.......essentially fear. Interestingly, the Olympic Project is on a large private land holding, and it appears that the landowners are aware of the presence of these creatures. It appears that the landowners are a very ethical family in that they're allowing research on their property, but they couldn't wisely harvest a sasquatch, being in the timber business. It could give the government an excuse to condemn them. 

But the Oklahoma situation is different. The intruder is behaving like a threat, he is on private land, and the authorities have been notified to no effect.

I can't imagine a better scenario to justify a sasquatch shooting. It's like a dream come true.

12 minutes ago, sheri said:

Who exactly is going out there and spending time trying to friend them like Jane Goodall ? I haven't heard of anyone. People are afraid to get close to them. It's not so simple. It's terrifying. When you see how fast they move and the fact that your not leaving unless they let you leave. So unless someone has the courage and no fear of dying I don't see them being discovered for science. Except one being shot. There are not ton's of people out there trying to prove they are real. Most people still don't believe and don't go out into the woods. I also don't believe in the woo part. NA also believe all animals are spiritual and have powers. 

Anything weird ever happen to you while out searching ? If it never has then I understand your views.

No i haven't had anything weird happen but if I did I would rebuke it. They are flesh and blood.  I have been grunted at and it sounded just like a gorilla. It ran past me about 40 feet away. It was brown.  The speed is just as fast as any other animal, and yes i believe it's an animal. I have seen a bedding site. I have pictures of prints including a knuckle print.  I have also seen a black one that was 8 feet tall from a distance. We went back to measure the height. I don't go looking for them. I now have a home on 20 acres that are mostly wooded and have animals.  I haven't seen one here yet but they have made themselves known.

• Upvote 2

My NA friends gave myself and my squatching buddies advice years ago, and success followed. I had a daytime sighting ON the reservation in 2018.

I certainly understand how easily dismissed such thing are, but I'm gonna stick with what works for me.

• Upvote 1

I have had 2 daylight sightings. One were it grunted at me. My son had a sighting of something that was black but kind of transparent. I told him to rebuke it if he saw it again, he didn't see it again,  but I rebuked it.  My opinion of that is people who are opened to things like that will  get what they are open to. 

12 minutes ago, sheri said:

No i haven't had anything weird happen but if I did I would rebuke it. They are flesh and blood.  I have been grunted at and it sounded just like a gorilla. It ran past me about 40 feet away. It was brown.  The speed is just as fast as any other animal, and yes i believe it's an animal. I have seen a bedding site. I have pictures of prints including a knuckle print.  I have also seen a black one that was 8 feet tall from a distance. We went back to measure the height. I don't go looking for them. I now have a home on 20 acres that are mostly wooded and have animals.  I haven't seen one here yet but they have made themselves known.

I always like  to keep an open mind towards the subject . 

"Are they doing real science or confirming their bias "  

Edited by 7.62

1 minute ago, sheri said:

We all have different opinions, my opinion is science has to deal with the natural not the spiritual.

I agree 

I'm just not sure anymore 

I just think there's a lot more we don't know than what we know about them.

40 minutes ago, Redbone said:

My NA friends gave myself and my squatching buddies advice years ago, and success followed. I had a daytime sighting ON the reservation in 2018.

I certainly understand how easily dismissed such thing are, but I'm gonna stick with what works for me.

What advice did your NA friends give you? 

36 minutes ago, sheri said:

I have had 2 daylight sightings. One were it grunted at me. My son had a sighting of something that was black but kind of transparent. I told him to rebuke it if he saw it again, he didn't see it again,  but I rebuked it.  My opinion of that is people who are opened to things like that will  get what they are open to. 

Without giving your research area away, what general area are you going to? 

We are talking about regular animal bigfoots. We have discussed the other kind surrounded with woo on the paranormal side of the forum. Seems like if we humans can't figure out an animal or find it, then it must be the woo reason. There are forum members who live near bigfoots and have become familiar with them. Sassyfooty is one of them. 

• Downvote 1

Here's a few things. The first is most important.

Be respectful. You are in their home

Talk to them. Tell them why you're there and what you want.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I used to live in Illinois. That is were my 2 sightings were and were i got pictures and saw the bedding. We moved to east Tennessee 4 years ago, and now have 20 acres mostly wooded. We also live close to Catoosa, a wildlife management area. Since being here many things have happened including the house being hit, seeing a shadow in the window which would put it at about 8 feet tall.  Have seen a few tracks that look like it might be a bigfoot. Can't say for sure. We have had so many different things happen here but haven't seen anything yet, and hope not to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sheri said:

Who exactly is going out there and spending time trying to friend them like Jane Goodall ? I haven't heard of anyone. People are afraid to get close to them. It's not so simple. It's terrifying. When you see how fast they move and the fact that your not leaving unless they let you leave. So unless someone has the courage and no fear of dying I don't see them being discovered for science. Except one being shot. There are not ton's of people out there trying to prove they are real. Most people still don't believe and don't go out into the woods. I also don't believe in the woo part. NA also believe all animals are spiritual and have powers. 

There could be people out there trying and possibly succeeding at attempting a Goodall type type of interaction.  We wouldn't know unless they publicly shared their efforts.  Heck, some of the researchers who have dropped off the radar and out of the public eye could be involved with something like that right now....

• Thanks 1