The Ketchum Report

Guest believer

I personally will take the dna study when published to my state representative and senator and ask for legislation protecting

Them from us.

Little story- told a fella at work about my hobby, classic response "they ain't real." gave him the details and my encounter. He confided in me his dad as a young boy in east Tn saw a big hairy man but no one in his family believed him. His dad is no longer alive, the look in his eyes about his dad being adamant about it but no one believing him is part of what drives me.

He will get a copy of Dr. Ketchum's work.

Dave

Guest gershake

New Ketchum quote:

"Yes, believe it or not, we have accomplished more than you can imagine at an insanely high speed. If the public knew all that has been done, they would be amazed at how quickly we accomplished generating this amount of data! So, we have hurried, it just doesn't seem like it to outsiders."

Guest spurfoot

It is likely that delays are not within MSK's control. Instead, I thank her for having done all that has been done so far. Kick back and relax Melba. I have every confidence you acted as rapidly as anyone could expect and all for humane reasons. All of us must wait for other party holdups to dissipate, if ever.

Bobby O

I expressed the concern about the MK initials because I see sentences lifted from one thread and appearing in other threads or even in other forums, and so that's why I felt a reference to Dr. Ketchum would benefit by a unique set of initials not associated with anyone else we have discussed over the years.

Anyways, it's simply a suggestion. Whether it will be adopted by others, I don't know. People have funny ways of inventing nicknames for people frequently discussed, and sometimes they catch on, sometimes they fade into obscurity.

Seems I recall somewhere in this forum a question posed by somebody about who some initials were referring to, and so other members posted lists of common initials referencing people well known in the research effort. there weren't any duplications or ambiguity.

Bill

I agree, the first few times I saw MK I automatically thought of MK Davis, how about Dr K :)

I don't think you will stop the MK transfer to Melba...esp since it's in context. And as her star rises higher, MK Davis may adopt MKD,

and Dr.K works..or DMK....I am pretty lazy about typing....so yeah I am all for initials...

Edited by apehuman

Well quit with the hype then and tell us the results.

There is no hype, just folks clamoring over a science project and offering pages of conjectural speculation on forums and blogs.

Guest slimwitless

Hmmmm.... what should take a long time, got done surprisingly quickly, and would provide tons of data?

If I were a betting man and there was a prediction market on Intrade, I'd wager complete genome sequencing.

I have been told enough about it, to know,given the opportunity, and the funding,a complete genome sequence would certainly be ideal,but just key gene sequences would do, along with a full mitochondrial genome.

Edited by JohnC