The Ketchum Report

I disagree, Cervelo. There are several posters on this board who seem focused on convincing people that there is no such thing as bigfoot. I can't remember who, but someone said it was more likely that one person went on a multi-stop plan trip and deposited modern H.s.s. hair across the country than that there might be a species spread across the country that some call bigfoot depositing hair in various places. It takes a MAJOR suspension of disbelief in order to force that idea on oneself, let alone others.

Tim B.

That's for sure. I'm taking the "I don't want anything less than definitive" approach. No more hints- I want something decisive. I hope this reports fills that need, but I'm just not going to hold my breath anymore.

Tim B.

Yeah Cervelo, while I think there's the smallest amount of chance, I don't think it's impossible. I've always hoped. It would be the most fascinating discovery of all to me. Personally I know I have done my due diligence investigating the phenomena, dating back pre-internet inception. Field work, you name it. In the early days of the net I even battled it out with Erik Beckjord! What a ride that was! Anyway, I arrived at my conclusion that BF does not exist, but no believer or proponent would be happier than I would should I be wrong.

EDIT: Addressed the wrong person.

Edited by WTB1

Guest Cervelo

I'm just hoping General did toss a body in the truck and that will be included in the study.

Otherwise I don't think DNA alone is going to be enough for the general public.

There are several posters on this board who seem focused on convincing people that there is no such thing as bigfoot.

Tim B.

Yeah...I just don't see it that way.

I don't think most of the skeptics here are trying to "convince people that there is no such thing as bigfoot".

I think most of the skeptics here are simply trying to convince people that there is not a lot, if any, of concrete evidence that proves that bigfoot exists.....so far.

..Just say'n.

(Disclaimer: Slabdog is not a paid spokesperson or representative of Skeptics inc., nor does Slabdog receive any specially priced deals, discounted rates and or preferential treatment by or from Skeptics Inc. The views expressed are his own)

• Upvote 1

I'd also add that the skeptical arguments we read here foresage the criticisms, which a less than impeccable paper will receive, if published.

Guest Cervelo

It should be viewed as great practice for what's going to happen when the study comes out.

If they don't have a body or some other type of slam-dunk to go along with this......our group will seem like kittens compared to what they will face in the real world.

But maybe that's why you hire a PR person!

Like it or not, those that make it thier career here on this forum, (those that spend EVERY waking moment, and some of thier sleeping ones), telling everyone that will listen that there is no such thing as

"Bigfoot" or "Sasquatch," are indeed here for the OBVIOUS purpose of creating an air of doubt in believers, and discredit knowers in general.

There WILL be a "crow pickin", all you can eat. Bring your own bib, it's gonna be sloppy! No knives and forks allowed!! The serving platter is being loaded as I speak! LOL

You'll see.-Knuck

• Upvote 1

^^^

:lol: That's some funny stuff Knuck!

Good golly I hope so! That would be great!

So great - in fact - that I'm memorializing it in my sig line!

I can't speak for them...but I think a lot of skeptics here would gladly eat some well prepared crow if it was PROVEN that Bigfoot exists!

:drinks:

I thought this was an interesting comment from MSK.

"The Erickson Project is participating and before someone asks, there is no Erickson Project movie!"

Guest Bipedal Ape

Since joining this forum the likelihood that Bigfoot exists for me is getting less and less. The believers do not help this. With all the past build ups I've now read about, it amazes me that people are so quick to defend this study when there has yet to be any evidence. It would help Bigfoot proponents if they were a little bit skeptical rather than clinging on to every little statement as if this is the be all and end all in Bigfoot research.

I and I am sure most Bigfoot skeptics would love Bigfoot to be real.

I would be too busy gobbling up every morsel of information found anywhere on the web to eat anything. I would get carple tunnel from refreshing about 12 tabs every 30 two minutes.

But seriously. You know what the best part about concrete proof would be? If BF's are proven, it won't be validation for believers who haven't had sightings. It will be validation to all those poor folks (lucky, actually) who have had sightings.

Believers or proponents without sightings are just like me. They evaluated whatever they evaluated and arrived at a different conclusion, that's all.