The Ketchum Report

I think "reasonable person" is your key phrase, RayG. This community is known for all sorts, yes? And, that is NOT directed at anyone individual!!

Guest Harry Man

Ray, I think you are right. A body would be enough. But, some of the humans of this world are naive and think they know everything there is to know already..

Guest gerrykleier

And here when I was about to mention that wager, Saskeptic beats me to the punch. That is one gentleman's agreement I'd like to see Mr. Huntster enjoy. I rather miss the prickly old curmudgeon, too. And I know Saskeptic would be good to his word on that bet.

Yes a shout-out to Hunster. I quite enjoyed his posts. And felt I learned something too!

GK

Guest FuriousGeorge

So you're saying if a body were presented to the scientific community, and they got to poke, prod, and dissect it, they'd still refuse to believe it was real? Surely science has advanced since the discovery of the platypus.

I find it difficult, if not impossible, to share your logic.

RayG

I realize that you already know, but they were using melodrama. They were expressing that it's not as if the current evidence is subpar, it's that some people won't believe anything. Obviously an unfair exaggeration of skeptics. But it's okay. I can take a punch. :blackeye:

I think a bf body would seal the deal for anyone.

Guest GreatBIGFoot

From Ketchum's Facebook page someone asked:

"you are scheduled to speak about Sasquatch DNA at the Pacific Northwest Conference on Primal People on Saturday, May 5th 2012. It would appear that your paper will not be published by then so I’m just wondering how you plan to handle that. Won’t it be a violation of the journal rules if you speak on that topic at this event next Saturday?"

To which Ketchum replied:

" I won't speak of anything sensitive. I will address a lot of questions that people have been asking though.."

I would love to be there for that.  

Guest Lone Squatcher

Pacific Northwest Conference on Primal People on Saturday, May 5th 2012.

Anyone know how to get in to this event? I'll fly there to go and hear her talk. Hell, I'll record it.

That's all we're saying, some goofball, somewhere will deny the existence of BF despite a body. Most likely their arguement will rest on some contention that the "dissection" was akin to the "alien autopsy" and that the body was faked somehow.....now, a video clip of this event won't convince a lot of people as you tube is full of faked crap and we all know it.....it would have to be validated by reliable sources and for some reason this never seems to happen.

SSR Team

I wasn't fishing for compliments regarding my demeanor, but I thank you for the kind words.

:D

That's all we're saying, some goofball, somewhere will deny the existence of BF despite a body. Most likely their arguement will rest on some contention that the "dissection" was akin to the "alien autopsy" and that the body was faked somehow.....now, a video clip of this event won't convince a lot of people as you tube is full of faked crap and we all know it.....it would have to be validated by reliable sources and for some reason this never seems to happen.

The trick is to make every source "seem" unreliable. ;)

Press conferences have been tainted too with the Georgia body in a freezer hoax. Some ..(I'll call them skeptics) have already tried to lay the ground work through attempts to dicredit Dr. Ketchums expertise as a DNA analyst, stating that she only works with pets, horses etc.. Truth is she works forensic cases for law enforcement, which definately qualifies her in the examination of DNA that could be from some "man beast". Thats not to say she should do it alone, and I don't think she has.

• Upvote 1

Rumor has it that the samples were divided up and sent to various reputable DNA labs around the country and overseas. Add to that the numerous co-authors spanning multiple disciplines (again, rumored), and her qualifications and that of her business would seem to have little to bear on the paper's results.

The part that boggles my mind, is how the some in the pro-bigfoot crowd, still think, after all of the hoaxes, shams, and shenanigans, that the next one is real. Is there a point where those people will stawrt saying "Oh you have some bigfoot DNA? I'll just sit over here until you show me the paper."? or "Oh, you have a Bigfoot in a freezer?, I'll just sit and wait while you show me the results of the inspection."

If there was one of these claims that panned out, then I could see your optimism, however, there has not been one claim, that has ever proven true.

Depends on the claim Drew, I can claim many different facts leading up to these DNA results. Those facts are true and can give a man optimism without reading this paper. Reading the paper, is still the final verdict for me however. Prior hoaxes don't mean anything to me because I'm dealing with my own facts and evidence. You might be surprised who's claims I'm actually trying to confirm, or atleast some here would be.

Drew - I see your point, however, it seems that with each 'new' attempt, more and more is being put at stake by the individuals, in this particular case, I feel that it is by far the best attempt at a scientific approach for provenance. (would you agree?)

I think a lot of the 'knowers' hitch their wagon to the best pony they can, and in this case, The Ketchum project is the best pony (folks aren't lining up behind the Olympic Project, Erickson, or the like in as many numbers, are they?) at this time.

The other shams out there were flushed out pretty quick, this one, not so much, just the opposite, from what we have been hearing from the pony's mouth, it's going to be pretty fascinating stuff. Sure, this could be all some big elaborate ruse, but it hasn't been shown to be either legit, or a ruse yet.

If people gave up trying to fly after a handful of failed attempts, we'd be driving everywhere today. Dr. Ketchum could be the Wright Brothers' version of the BF phenom.

That said, I personally would lose some 'vigor' when researching the next big BF extravaganza if this one doesn't move forward in a positive direction.

@SY, can you divulge what claims you are pursuing?

There appears to be a pattern to scams and hoaxes. I have the proof. I am not releasing it now. I will be releasing in the future. The release date has been postponed. Hype begins to build. Unsupported claims begin to surface from people in the know. Anyone remember Coleman's "Georgia Gorilla will shock the world." As things currently stand in the world of Bigfoot, we have three things that are the definitive proof of bf: The Sierra Kills (body), the Erickson Project (hours of high quality video), Ketchum Paper (DNA paper to be published in Major Journal). I don't believe that the Ketchum matter is a hoax. It does, however, follow the pattern above.

When the real deal comes down, it won't follow the above pattern. It will come from some source that have never been involved in the bf world and the news of it won't appear here first. It will be some local official on the news explaining that someone discovered the body of an escaped Gorilla and that DNR has been contacted and is in possession of the body. Some reporter asks couild it be bigfoot. The local official says "well I could see how someone would think that animal was bigfoot but I will leave it up to the experts to say what it is. The head of the state DNR will be flabbergasted and contact the nearest zoo and maybe a primatologist or someone similar from the closest university. And we will get to tell our friends and family "told you so". The Kethum Paper is not going to be the "told you so" moment we have all been awaiting.

That is my lowly opinion. Hope it happens one day but with the speciman being a live and in a position to be nursed back into health and put into the wild with a tag.