The Ketchum Report

Some news from Mr. Smith...... (he's been saying this for quite a while actually()

-------------

"Here is the problem she has used the incorrect precursor set in her study how do I know this? We used the very same precursor set and got the same results. We switched to modified precursor set and received reasonable matched results. Now I went right up to the line of what I can talk about, but I have posted on the precursor issue previously.

Melba's paper will get published in some obscure sub par Russian journal and her camp will hold it up as the holy grail, never the less, her study is faulty and is a misrepresentation of these animals. The "forest people" cult will scream protection based on unsound science and their epic idiocy. This is a a result of allowing trash in to your process you get garbage out."

Ed Smith

Edited by rockiessquatching

Ketchum just did an interview on the local radio here (QR77 Calgary - Dave Rutherford Show). She sounded pretty confident and was talking weeks. I only got to focus in on a part of it because I'm at my desk and the phone took my attention away for half of it. If they have a podcast I will post the link. As skeptical as I am about the whole thing, from what I did hear, she did peak my interest and made the old believer in me perk up just a tiny tiny bit.

HOLY COW!!! Plus from me Summit! Miracles DO happen! :-)

(reminds me of the scene from "The Grinch That Stole Christmas" where his heart grew!!)

HOLY COW!!! Plus from me Summit! Miracles DO happen! :-)

(reminds me of the scene from "The Grinch That Stole Christmas" where his heart grew!!)

haha, I accept that (Sons of Anarchy reference).

Interpreted data Mulder. You don't get to pretend you have the paper in front of you.

1) You "pretend" there isn't a paper because you don't have one in front of you, so that's all need be said about the general argument.

2) You aren't even addressing the issue that was on discussion. Ronn1 is taking the position that data can be trumped by "common knowledge", regardless of it's quality.

That's a bogus argument and you very well know it. Data is data, and if (and I apparently have to emphasize the if) the data shows that "what everyone knows" is wrong, then it is wrong, and no amount of appeal to consensus/popularity/et al can change that.

Data always trumps consensus.

Edited by Mulder

A few years ago there was a program on TV that was describing the human sexual attraction. It was stated that we still process the abilities to find a mate (not so much for physical attraction) but for the type of pheromones that each give off. That particular pheromone attracting is like a magnetic south and north pole....it only fits that one couple. The show went on to say that we mask our pheromones now with the commercially available anti-odor products. These products have caused us to come out of our stone age cave dwelling days, and we're missing out on many more potential encounters of interest.

....just a side note here for the still single crowd. I've tried this and it works.....works very well... There are still some products that are made up of the human pheromones. It is said use these and you will become like a magnet.

And they do. I found away back then to even enhance the environment (my apartment/house)...just put a few drops on a light bulb. Then when you....if lucky get a potential interest back to your pad....strickly for a game of chest, no, no I mean.....a cup of coffee. Turn that light on. See what happens.

....ol, been married now for 20 years. And If I get interested in swinging from the ceiling lights....and being met with some resistance.....the trick still works with the light bulb. She's never caught on. :music:

This topic was also the lead feature story in NewScientist a few years back..should be in their website archive

Edited by kezra

I am not sure it's been peer reviewed but trust me. It exists. I've seen it. It's not pretty. It invokes such a fear response in men that they collectively flee for the safety of the nearest alcohol serving establishment.

Apparently it can happen, but does not always happen. The clinical studies are conflicting

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=do-women-who-live-together-menstruate-together

A few years ago there was a program on TV that was describing the human sexual attraction. It was stated that we still process the abilities to find a mate (not so much for physical attraction) but for the type of pheromones that each give off. That particular pheromone attracting is like a magnetic south and north pole....it only fits that one couple. The show went on to say that we mask our pheromones now with the commercially available anti-odor products. These products have caused us to come out of our stone age cave dwelling days, and we're missing out on many more potential encounters of interest.

Was it "The Human Animal" by Desmond Morris?

Great production from what I remember of it.

Even bad data Mulder ?

We can't say if the data is good or bad at this point, because it hasn't been seen.

But that is not what I am objecting to about Ronn1's argument. It is the argument he makes that is improper and objectionable.

Paraphrasing Ronn1'a argument:

"Everyone knows that there was no unknown hominid 15,000 years ago that humans could have interbred with. Therefore the claims made by Ketchum must be invalid and the study worthless because those claims contradict that 'common knowledge'."

That is classic a priori reasoning. The data will rise or fall on it's own merits, not based on whether or not it contradict's "common knowledge".

If (and I make that nice,big, bold, and emphasized so that you cannot miss it) the quality of the lab results holds, then it will absolutely prove that the "common knowledge" is wrong.

It is improper for Ronn1, you, me, or anyone else to dismiss the study at this time, barring the complete disclosure and examination of the data.

....just a side note here for the still single crowd. I've tried this and it works.....works very well... There are still some products that are made up of the human pheromones. It is said use these and you will become like a magnet.

And they do. I found away back then to even enhance the environment (my apartment/house)...just put a few drops on a light bulb. Then when you....if lucky get a potential interest back to your pad....strickly for a game of chest, no, no I mean.....a cup of coffee. Turn that light on. See what happens.

....ol, been married now for 20 years. And If I get interested in swinging from the ceiling lights....and being met with some resistance.....the trick still works with the light bulb. She's never caught on. :music:

Try applying some to the business end of "things". The vameronasal gland is apparently not the only receptor location for pheromones.

Great catch Summitwalker. Thanks for the post. That's a pretty good interview.

I was a good interview, I actually just listened to the entire thing without interruption. Glad I could share something of interest. :)

Guest Particle Noun

Even if her paper is rejected for wild conclusions or anything like that, I feel pretty confident at this point that the DNA does show something really weird, which gives me hope that Sykes will find the same thing!