The Ketchum Report

Isn't the National Examiner a subsidiary The National Enquirer which is owned by Nature?

Edited by Martin

Isn't the National Examiner a subsidiary The National Enquirer which is owned by Nature?

Now that's good Martin .... That's darn good .....LMAO

Guest WldHrtRnch

I think all of these: The National Enquirer, Star, The Glove, National Examiner, Sun, Country Music (both of these last two ceased publication now), Country Weekly, Muscle & Fitness, Muscle & Fitness Hers, Shape, Men's Fitness, Flex, Natural Health, RadarOnline.com and Ok! are all, according to Wikipedia, publications by American Media, who file Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2010.

Nature appears to be a scientific journal published by Nature Publishing Group. NPG is a publisher of high impact scientific and medical information in print and online. NPG publishes journals, online databases, and services across the life, physical, chemical and applied sciences and clinical medicine.

edited for spelling

Edited by WldHrtRnch

He sounds like he's unaware that this an article about the paper rather than the paper itself. Or is he extremely sarcastic and I'm missing it? The other option is unbelievably obtuse. That might just be me though.

Tim B.

Guest OntarioSquatch

It seems he was being sarcastic. In the second half of the video, he reveals that his feelings were hurt because it went into the examiner :blink:

Edited by OntarioSquatch

They have had great Bigfoot stories in the past, " I was Bigfoot's Love Slave" etc., I remember one where Bigfoot was snow skiing, he was real fluid though, so I kind of believed it.

It appears to be sarcasm - I manged to watch a few minutes and read some comments...and the story sounds like it is from the press release and internet trolling.

We can't control what anyone chooses to write or think....argg...good thing though, or the world would really be nutty

All I can think of, and perhaps comic relief is necessary, is the scene in the MIB movie....where Tommy Lee Jones points to an Enquirer paper as the source to track the aliens... :)

Edited by apehuman

prygundewd - ha! Now I am thinking, have you mounted a minicam on any, and taken out in the forest searching for our Bigfoots? I just watched some FPV (acronym for first person view?) videos of a helicopter, but it seemed the ranges in the 300 yard plus category with $2K type price tags. The mini cam stuff is getting so affordable and software friendly....hummm.... and, clearly I am still myopic on this topic! But, i do think the right sized model with the right mobility and video tech could produce some interesting stuff, especially rock shelter and cliff investigation that are beyond my physical range.....

Nice post reelback. On the third concern, I think here there is a sorting out that is more balanced than any bloggers site, as the many moderate each other, and the arbitrary banning, or overflow of Anons is at least eliminated.

on the increased hoaxing and popularity of the subject (or is still the same percent, just more people?) I am baffled by it as well. But, it is possible that will be eliminated with Sykes' determination, either through regulation or that BFs don't exist....?!!! But, the race to First will be over, maybe.

Me too, but this just gets too wierd to bother with hope.

As I've made an exploration into this BF community, I'm left feeling as if I've gone out of my way to witness a car accident and left wishing I had better judgement. Just watch Phil's Parabreakdown videos (pretty sharp guy, btw) to see what foolishness people are up to.

This topic of BF seems to attract some unseemly characters, I struggle to understand just what on earth there really is to gain with any of this fooling around? Does anyone really belive some fake video is going to make you rich? Are people desperate to make fun of this topic? Get attention from a few thousand people? Get you chicks?? I'm at a loss to understand this other than BF just attracts crazy people which makes me want to go take a look in the mirror.

Mind you, the folks here are great. And there seems to be genuine interest in separating BS from what's real, but we just seem flooded with BS and wading thru it just gets frustrating and old.

This thread exposes this in all its flavors. Can anyone honestly say they have any clue what's going on here? Its one rumor mixed with a fact, mixed with another rumor mixed with a fake story mixed with Lindsay 'sources' and 'leaks' and then MK making odd statements, promises, he said she said, Bigfoot steak, real estate, home offices and Russian journals that you can't determine whether she contradicts herself or not because you can't wade thru this mess and determine where anything originated anymore.

And then I wonder if this thread is just seeding more confusion and she should be left alone and if science emerges it should be judged on that basis and not the rumor mill. In our desire to prove this species exists, we seem to be our own worst enemy sometimes.

To ape human I am working on a aircraft type called a slow stick with an fpv camera and a HUD so it wont have to remain in my LOS . I am also using a system with far greater range than 300m . I am getting about 7km on my ground tests right now . I think helo's will be too noisy and blimp too easy to lose . Wind even the slightest around trees does weird stuff to aircraft . I am thinking about an upgrade that the guy that builds them says gets 15 km range .

Reelback I try to think her personal integrity should not matter . My problem is that my life experience shows that it always matters . The one episode that really makes me feel dread for this study is the way she treated the artist with cancer . Would not pay 75.00 for work she commissioned . Tried to use artwork and claim it as her property . Then threatened the woman who is having financial trouble with legal action . Including the statement along the lines " it will cost you to defend yourself" . Yet could afford a Greek vacation . There is no question about this . The source is rock solid . I admit this incident destroyed anything like objective thought as far as she is concerned .

Admin
:boredom:

Sarcasm, he is totally aware, and knows that the paper is now officially a joke.

So you've seen the paper and can say (and back up with evidence) with certainty that the data isn't vaild?

I await your proffer of proof for that claim.

Guest WldHrtRnch

Reelback I try to think her personal integrity should not matter . My problem is that my life experience shows that it always matters . The one episode that really makes me feel dread for this study is the way she treated the artist with cancer . Would not pay 75.00 for work she commissioned . Tried to use artwork and claim it as her property . Then threatened the woman who is having financial trouble with legal action . Including the statement along the lines " it will cost you to defend yourself" . Yet could afford a Greek vacation . There is no question about this . The source is rock solid . I admit this incident destroyed anything like objective thought as far as she is concerned .

I agree with you and feel exactly the same.