Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
7.62

Do you guys visit hunting , fishing or hiking forums ?

Recommended Posts

7.62
BFF Donor

Sometimes I just randomly google different activity  names and write  Sasquatch  or Bigfoot and hits come up on google .

There's a lot of other people who claim to have seen something or had a weird experience in the woods they can't explain.

 

 

It's not just us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spacemonkeymafia

GON forums. (Georgia Outdoor News. )

There is a bigfoot thread. Lots of joking around of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hiflier
BFF Donor

"Do you guys visit hunting , fishing or hiking forums ?"

 

I used to quite a bit, I would Google hunting Forums by state. I would see the usual amount of ridicule, too, but sometimes the conversations were serious. But not often as some hunting members would cave under the peer pressure and end up joking with the rest. You are right, though, there are experiences noted that are outside this Forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnivore

The user VAfooter had linked this in another thread about a month ago:

 

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=57236

 

It is not sasquatch specific but there are a variety of encounter/possible encounter stories in the thread. It only seems normal to me that the subject would come up here and there on those types of forums, though. When it comes to mysteries of the outdoors, sasquatch is pretty high up there. Although, I would bet only a small amount of the people on those hunting/fishing/hiking forums who have had experiences even bother to share them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
BFF Donor

Carnivore thanks 

that's a long thread

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

"Do you guys visit hunting , fishing or hiking forums ?"

 

I used to quite a bit, I would Google hunting Forums by state. I would see the usual amount of ridicule, too, but sometimes the conversations were serious. But not often as some hunting members would cave under the peer pressure and end up joking with the rest. You are right, though, there are experiences noted that are outside this Forum.

Yup I agree 

 

 

You know @hiflier  what kind of surprises me is there isn't a whole lot of reports from Maine .

It's really hard to comprehend  the vast amount of forest unless you fly over it. It's just so immense  .

I really think it has a lot to do with people of Maine that live in the northwoods are just private people and feel no need 

to post on the BFRO or call the news .

Edited by 7.62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Sometimes I just randomly google different activity  names and write  Sasquatch  or Bigfoot and hits come up on google .

There's a lot of other people who claim to have seen something or had a weird experience in the woods they can't explain.

 

 

It's not just us...

This is actually one of my favorite things to do.  

 

When you go on a Bigfoot or paranormal themed message board, you can count on a somewhat sympathetic audience.  Posting about your experiences or beliefs on another type of message board really opens you up to continual attacks.  The people who do so (and aren't obvious trolls) are usually the sort of people whose encounters have left a real mark on them and they feel compelled to speak about it no matter how hostile the audience.

 

A couple of the accounts that I have found in threads like that have been the best, most believable accounts that I have read.  

 

A user on a popular gun forum went into a very detailed description of an encounter that he and his wife had years ago in Utah.  He was a Mormon, so he immediately associated the creature that he saw with Cain from the Bible.  There is a story in the Mormon faith concerning a man and his meeting with Cain on a lonely road.  This man described Cain as being naked, covered with hair, large, and possessing a palpable hostility towards all men.  

 

The gentleman who posted his account on the board said that description matched what he saw to a tee.  Regardless of my disagreement with his interpretation of the creature's origins, his account never wavered over the years. It was a great account.  

 

The poster was an offensive tackle at BYU and later played in the NFL for a short time...so he was uniquely qualified to judge the creature's size and speed. He was terrified by what he saw.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doug

I belong to a hunting forum part of Ifish.com for primarily Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. Sasquatch comes up from time to time with the usual light hearted banter, but also samurai chatter, tree twists, etc. have been discussed.

I also , being a taxidermist, belong to Taxidermy.net and there have been several lengthy Saquatch threads on there. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madison5716
BFF Donor

I browse some bushcraft forums. I may take my channel that direction some day. Sometimes the folks doing primitive stuff in the woods attract curious bigfoots.

 

One of my YouTube followers has thousands of followers, and he has been open about his encounter of 20 years ago on his channel. We had a great messaging conversation about it. Then his people chimed in and a dozen more folks told of their encounters, too. I would like to think i helped.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MIB
BFF Donor
20 hours ago, Carnivore said:

The user VAfooter had linked this in another thread about a month ago:

 

https://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=57236

 

It is not sasquatch specific but there are a variety of encounter/possible encounter stories in the thread. It only seems normal to me that the subject would come up here and there on those types of forums, though. When it comes to mysteries of the outdoors, sasquatch is pretty high up there. Although, I would bet only a small amount of the people on those hunting/fishing/hiking forums who have had experiences even bother to share them.

 

If you go to that forum you might notice strange similarities between what some guy posts there and what I post here.  Hmmm.  :)   (If you catch me contradicting myself us contradicting each other, please let me us know so I we can clarify.)

 

8 hours ago, Doug said:

Ifish.com

 

iFish is good.   Lot of hecklers when BF comes up, but it still does come up.   As above ...

 

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor

Alaska Outdoor Forums. But I got banned, so I don't post. I still monitor it on occasion, but rarely now. It has gotten to the point that it isn't even worth doing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
langfordbc

It's especially interesting when the people relating their experiences are established and highly respected members of that particular forum. I was impressed to discover that there's a couple of guys on CanadianGunNutz.com who have had sightings.

 

CGN sighting 1

CGN sighting 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Rokslide.com - might be the biggest hunting forum on the internet.

 

Backpackinglight.com - awesome for those inclined to lighten their load .

 

BushcraftUSA.com - the best place to learn every skill and piece of equipment needed to live in the outdoors. It's where I learned friction fire.

 

Survivalistboards.com - good but not as good as Bushcraft forum, IMO

 

Alaskan Outdoors forum - excellent for a variety of outdoor activities and obviously geared toward Alaskan environment

 

 

Edited by wiiawiwb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VAfooter
Moderator

Some of the gun forums have threads as well. I believe that the one of the AR forums has a decent thread as well (although I have not been there in a while).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Yes indeed. The High Road and The Firing Line are two examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...