Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest HairyGreek

Weed the false behavior of this creature and stick with the fact that we do know about them. There are people here who know the truth and know habituation cases.

Be careful what you ask for Julio. There are a lot of people on this board who would "weed out" your thinking on this subject as false behavior. For some, their "knowing the truth" would include thinking that habituation is bunk. Just being blunt. It isn't the standard experience, just the most fantastic so it gets air play.

Edited by HairyGreek

BFF Patron

Nice article, about as factual as it'll get until the book release I'm afraid.

Guest BuzzardEater

Sasfooty's avatar features a BF wearing a hat. Well, it's not really a hat, it is a head dress. Tribal, you know. A certain type of person wears a head dress.

BFs are tribal. To imagine they have no leadership, thus no holders of office is counter intuitive.

Imagining they have no access to fur is equally absurd. Yet, the arguement is being made, supported by numbers, that the BF could not manufacture a prepared skin. This is directed at Sasfooty and seems personal. Sasfooty is not confrontive. I am.

Is it sensible to assume that over the course of centuries evading humans and gunfire and bonepickers that the BFs cannot tan a hide? In the centuries before we dismissed woodcraft as a science, did the BF, who are known to observe humans, miss the lesson on skin preparation?

How did the Inuit people prepare skins? Are the BF not able to reproduce this behaviour?

Is it sensible to suppose that no BF has ever made a human friend? Here in Canada we have had recent examples of animals cultivating human friendships. An orca male tried to make friends and abandoned his pod. He posed for pictures and accepted hand feeding, on his own. We killed him rather than extend friendship, of course. We are educated people, here in Canada, not ruled by myth. My point is, some misled human might try to make friends with a non human, rather than shoot them on sight, as is sensible. It could happen! This person might even have given the animal gifts! Perhaps a hat?

Discounting reports of the activities of an unknown entity retards the progress of discovery.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

I like the post BE, but is it in the proper thread or the thread you thought you were posting in? Just a heads up in case it is NOT....where you intended to put it.

Carry on and everything is copacetic if you're satisfied.

Guest HairyGreek

Sasfooty is not confrontive.

Who are you kidding? That's why I love her!

Still, very kind of you and great thoughts.

And...pretty sure you meant to post this in the paranormal thread...just sayin'.

BFF Patron

Thanks G

So you were the owner and sender of the specimen and the report came to you not Derek; and you imply that the result was not a known animal, though you don't state that. So you havent directly answered the question about whether it is a known animal or human. That is your right, no prob. I just to be clear on what you've said and what you haven't said.

Has Derek seen the report itself?

General? Are you there?

That will still be double tough Julio, especially considering i really have little or no idea of what their normal behaviour would be really, let alone be able to tell what is false..

I really do think i'd back out of all this if the DNA stuff came back as positive & interest in the subject boomed, like i think it will..

It would simply be too much with every single twig snap in North America being construed as a possible Bigfoot..

Truth be told to many people in North America the species being confirmed scientifically will not change their daily lives, how they act when they visit the woods or what they have for breakfast by an iota. I've been conducting something of a straw poll on this very topic for the last two weeks, asking random people I am in contact with plus friends and colleagues "What will it mean to you if/when Sasquatch is proven to exist be it animal or human? The typical indifferent response so far, paraphrased "It would be cool to have a new animal, I'd like to see the pictures" ........and that's about it. Their perception is that it would not effect them anymore than finding Champ or Nessie. They don't factor in what "We" deem to be important by and large. Good news for Sasquatch..bad...indifferent? Hot topic : )

Edited by Tautriadelta

Be careful what you ask for Julio. There are a lot of people on this board who would "weed out" your thinking on this subject as false behavior. For some, their "knowing the truth" would include thinking that habituation is bunk. Just being blunt. It isn't the standard experience, just the most fantastic so it gets air play.

HairyGreek

True,but all they have to do is prove it for them selves and then how would my thinking be as false behavior. Knowing the truth includes being around them whether you are safe or not.You take that chance when you go looking for them.Even worst when you decide to commit to habituation.

I have had my encounters and they have not changed since I first posted on this forum back in 2000 - 2001 I have tried to show pictures of the things that have happened.In other words i have gone through the gauntlet with alot of older members about my encounetrs and they have not changed.

With this creature how do we know what is standard and what is not.There is no established level of what is normal behavior.No standards at all. So we have no really right way to say who is right and who is wrong.

All and all you are right I could be weeded out,but i have answered my questions and some of the things I have said are not so far fetch but posible.There are witnesses that can back my claims so I am good there.But then again what the heck do I know. :blush: Not into lying and Honor is a big thing with me. I have no problem with you questioning me and I expect nothing less.PM or what ever

I like the post BE, but is it in the proper thread or the thread you thought you were posting in? Just a heads up in case it is NOT....where you intended to put it.

Carry on and everything is copacetic if you're satisfied.

Post 1016 is what he/she is replying too....just a few pages back.

That will still be double tough Julio, especially considering i really have little or no idea of what their normal behaviour would be really, let alone be able to tell what is false..

I really do think i'd back out of all this if the DNA stuff came back as positive & interest in the subject boomed, like i think it will..

It would simply be too much with every single twig snap in North America being construed as a possible Bigfoot..

It will definately be a different game after proof BobbyO, ;) only people with a verifiable hair or tissue sample will be taken seriously.

Guest HairyGreek

Not into lying and Honor is a big thing with me. I have no problem with you questioning me and I expect nothing less.PM or what ever

I think you may have missed my point. DNA evidence is not going to prove that they can speak into your mind or any of the other more eccentric things you claim. I am not calling anyone a liar. I just don't see some of your stuff being proven even if their existence is verified through anything short of a live specimen which is not happening if they have the powers and abilities you have suggested.

HairyGreek

True,but all they have to do is prove it for them selves and then how would my thinking be as false behavior. Knowing the truth includes being around them whether you are safe or not.You take that chance when you go looking for them.Even worst when you decide to commit to habituation.

I have had my encounters and they have not changed since I first posted on this forum back in 2000 - 2001 I have tried to show pictures of the things that have happened.In other words i have gone through the gauntlet with alot of older members about my encounetrs and they have not changed.

With this creature how do we know what is standard and what is not.There is no established level of what is normal behavior.No standards at all. So we have no really right way to say who is right and who is wrong.

All and all you are right I could be weeded out,but i have answered my questions and some of the things I have said are not so far fetch but posible.There are witnesses that can back my claims so I am good there.But then again what the heck do I know. :blush: Not into lying and Honor is a big thing with me. I have no problem with you questioning me and I expect nothing less.PM or what ever

I think of it in this way..If/when the species is proven scientifically and classified, Yes they are here, case closed; at that point there will be a number of mainstream scientist, anthropologist, biologist you name it that will suddenly take interest or act on suppressed interest. When/If that time comes they will scour every source they can lay their eyes on which coincidentally 90% of is purely anecdotal in nature. THAT is when the experiences of the lay researcher, hiker, forum member, BFRO witness and yes habituator (however you define it personally) will become more important.

It will definately be a different game after proof BobbyO, ;) only people with a verifiable hair or tissue sample will be taken seriously.

After proof why would you need to be taken seriously?