Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest wild eyed willy

I have a couple of questions for General.

1. I remember reading that the adult had its arms raised, I was wondering in what fasion, ( like I surender) or like arms out at the sides like they make you do in gym class?

2. do you think the adult could see you?

3. Looking back on this, if you had to make an educated guess as to what the adults intentions might have been, what would your guess be?

4. can you estimate hight and weight of the juvinals

5. would you estimate the juvinal that was shot to have been able to cause you harm, other than biting you.

6. Is there any possibility that the adult might have survived the wound?

Personal questions

Do you fly fish for trout? if so what fly works best for you? Here in CT, a green weighted wooley bugger works very well.

I just found this thread, and to be honest, there are 38 pages and far too much for me to read in a short time. If you already answered these questions please forgive me for asking them, it will be two weeks before I know it. and by then there could be 38 more pages to read.

Just a comment, I have to admit the shooting of the juvinal really rubs me the wrong way, but I was not there and I can't imaging how you might have felt. I refrain from passing any judgment on your actions. The events sadden me, both for the creatures involved and for you and your friend.

Edited by wild eyed willy

Excuse me if I am wrong, but you sound like the one with your mind made up. Maybe it is uncomfortable for you to think that may be your world that is turned upside down when they turn out to be smarter than us in their own way.

Hey HairyGreek,

Calling me out isn't necassary. I can care less what they are if they exist. Smarter, dumber, ape, human, sloth or interdimesional time travelers from the galaxy farthest from the sun, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I except that many have an opinion but that opinion is far from fact.

As someone without a decided opinion and a long time observer, I have found that the BF is Human side has many that actually take offense to the ape comparisons and even down play the living greater apes in their retoric, as seen here. There are even some that are so sure that BF is human "just like you and me" that the General should and will be brought up on charges for murder.

If I offended in any way well what can I say, I am a seldom poster, long time member but capable of stirring the pot from time to time too. And who knows, the big guy may be a few positions above us on the Homo ladder with intelligence beyond our comprehension. If so, BF is definately not human "just like you and me" either.

Cheers,

Gary

Well they could be intelligent and not anywhere near human.

Agreed 100%. Intelligence does not necessarily = human or ape for that matter.

No. I'm just selfish & want to keep it all to myself.

Alright I'm done riding you. Can you please tell me the real reason why this picture is not released?

I got a picture of one wearing a cougar headdress. The camera didn't lie. I don't know where he got it, but he had it. The avatar is a drawing of that picture.

How convenient. Might you have other rather odd photos you might mention here and now, rather than mentioning them as the thread conversations twist and turn in some esoteric direction?

Hey General,

I saw you popped on tonight. Are we any closer to putting this thing to bed other then another day going by?

I hope all is well with you and thanks.

Alright I'm done riding you. Can you please tell me the real reason why this picture is not released?

You seem to have concluded that this is a good, clear picture. It's not a total blobsquatch, but it isn't sharp & clear, either. When pictures of "supposed bigfoot" are posted, they cause immediate uproars, claims of hoaxing, and other unpleasant side effects.

I don't want to cause or deal with it, so I won't post it.

Just wanted my new avatar under Sassy's :lol:

thanks Jodie, I now have a mess of diet coke to clean up from all over my desk and keyboard, as i just did a classic "spit take" after looking at your avatar....

:angry:

Your right you did not say clear but you did say the picture doesn't lie. I made an assumption however if it is not clear then it could be misleading or open to interpitation by the viewer.

Edited by Polypodium

Your right you did not say clear but you did say the picture doesn't lie. I made an assumption however if it is not clear then it could be misleading or open to interpitation by the viewer.

Aren't they all interpreted by the viewer?

A nice picture of a young one was recently interpreted to be a guinea hen.

Guest HairyGreek

I can care less what they are if they exist. Smarter, dumber, ape, human, sloth or interdimesional time travelers from the galaxy farthest from the sun, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I except that many have an opinion but that opinion is far from fact.

Pray tell what fact is again with this creature?

As someone without a decided opinion and a long time observer, I have found that the BF is Human side has many that actually take offense to the ape comparisons and even down play the living greater apes in their retoric, as seen here. There are even some that are so sure that BF is human "just like you and me" that the General should and will be brought up on charges for murder.

Huh...thought you couldn't care less...

If so, BF is definately not human "just like you and me" either.

If you can care less, perhaps responding at all or quoting "just like you and me" a dozen or so times wasn't quite the way to get that across. I guess I am just reading too much into it. :rolleyes:

Pray tell what fact is again with this creature?

Huh...thought you couldn't care less...

If you can care less, perhaps responding at all or quoting "just like you and me" a dozen or so times wasn't quite the way to get that across. I guess I am just reading too much into it. :rolleyes:

You're obviously a pretty clever person and I do appreciate your posts and insight normally. I'm a little surprised you did not pick up on when I said I could care less, that I was referring to what BF turns out to be? Instead you took it and peppered it around out of context to prove what, I have no idea?

And yes, I did say that one line a bit too much and did get a chuckle when you pointed it out. Thank you.

This is a bit of a p**ing contest at this point and clearly you won so lets allow this discussion to get back to the topic.

Edited by Polypodium

SSR Team

Truth be told to many people in North America the species being confirmed scientifically will not change their daily lives, how they act when they visit the woods or what they have for breakfast by an iota. I've been conducting something of a straw poll on this very topic for the last two weeks, asking random people I am in contact with plus friends and colleagues "What will it mean to you if/when Sasquatch is proven to exist be it animal or human? The typical indifferent response so far, paraphrased "It would be cool to have a new animal, I'd like to see the pictures" ........and that's about it. Their perception is that it would not effect them anymore than finding Champ or Nessie. They don't factor in what "We" deem to be important by and large. Good news for Sasquatch..bad...indifferent? Hot topic : )

Maybe so T & i don't disagree, but this Board will change undoubtedly..

I always said that the domain name was a winner..;)