Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

BFF Patron

Post discovery, in my mind, they will still deposit hair, tissue, "samples" at the same paltry rate. Being in the right place at the right time will still drive alot of the research. There is no magic formula. As to the magic bullet....... waaaaaiiiiiittttttiiiiinnnnnggggg! :)

In the centuries before we dismissed woodcraft as a science, did the BF, who are known to observe humans, miss the lesson on skin preparation?

I guess the general consensus is that they are like gorillas & just sit around all day, scratching themselves & eating lice, except when they occasionally cross a road so we can see them. -_-

I guess the general consensus is that they are like gorillas & just sit around all day, scratching themselves & eating lice, except when they occasionally cross a road so we can see them. -_-

Why is it that many of the "BF is Human" proponents think the Gorillas, Chimps and Orangutans are just big dumb animals?

I tell ya that is one thing that really drives me nuts about that side of the fence. It's not like BF is out there writing symphonies, constructing sky scrapers and performing open heart surgery either, but they are sleeping on the ground outside in the cold like a big dumb animal though. Go figure?

Edited by Polypodium

Why is it that the BF is Human proponents think the Gorillas, Chimps and Orangutans are just big dumb animals?

Well, there I go again, failing to make myself clear!!!

I did NOT intend to imply that Gorillas, Chimps and Orangutans are just big dumb animals.

What I DID mean to imply was that they are LAZY.

Sorry about that.

Guest bsruther

As someone who has personally learned/been trained, using deer pelts-> to make both buckskin (no fur either side), and tan hides with with fur still intact- i find it pretty amusing and extremely unbelievable that a hairy bipedal creature who lives in the woods has the skills and necessary tools needed to properly preserve a cougar (or other) hide... I've also done some squirrel pelts (for practice mainly), and even a woodchuck (again mostly because of small size and for practice/improve my skills).

I'm sure you must realize that you cant just rip an animal apart, and tie the pelt around your head- as its going to rot pretty quickly, hair will fall out, and it will be completely unrecognizable in a short amount of time...

ALOT of detailed work goes into preserving a pelt. There are several ways to go about doing this to the hide/fur, including one method where using lye made from hardwood ash+water and then utilizing the animals brain and other "products" from it's own body is possible- but again its a real stretch (no pun intended) for me to believe its even remotely possible....especially for a Bigfoot.

The processes of scraping, soaking, stretching, softening, and tanning etc etc... all requiring that you know what your doing. If you make mistakes during any part of the process- you wind up with nothing but a mess. Or a hide that is "crunchy" and not flexible- which cant be used to make anything worthwhile.

Aside fron the fact that a LOT of detailed work would go into preserving a hide, the preserving of those hides would leave an obvious environmental impact.

That's not the consensus at all. Skinning animals and being able to get the hide into any usable condition is a pretty big leap from acting like gorillas and eating lice. I think most people would give Bigfoot much more credit than that. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect some form of evidence (tools, observation?) before assigning abilities that sound more caveman like.

Also, concerning and earlier point, one man's providing of solid physical evidence (DNA) does not prove everyone's claims of habituation. Brad Pitt fathering Angelina Jolie's child does not prove the she is living at my house. If I am claiming she is, it's only fair that I produce evidence of it. It also should be quite easy. In any aspect of life we are expected to support our claims. We have receipts as proof of payments, we have scars as evidence of trauma, we have forum archives that document our ramblings... proof is everywhere. The General says he has proof. He is backing up his claims. I am willing to allow him a window of time with the understanding that he is going to produce that evidence. If he doesn't, then his claims will not be believed. I am not saying I don't believe people have seen Bigfoot, I have too, but I understand fully when someone says they don't believe me. I can't prove it.

What I DID mean to imply was that they are LAZY.

Sorry about that.

You don't have to be sorry but please clarify? Lazy how?

Perhaps instead of conserving energy and escaping the heat of the day they could be doing one of these purley human activities.

a. Stacking and/ or throwing rocks

b. Building a stick structure

c. Banging on or twisting trees

d. Chattering with each other

e. Peeping in windows?

And BF doesn't get mites, lice or ticks? Maybe it's because their human, just like you and me, and we don't get any of that stuff.

I think you should be a little more open to the possibility that perhaps BF, if it exists, may be a Homo but probably won't be as human "just like you and me" as you'd like it to be.

Edited by Polypodium

It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect some form of evidence (tools, observation?) before assigning abilities that sound more caveman like.

In case you are assuming that I assigned them the ability to tan hides & make headdresses, allow me to correct that assumption. I never said or implied that that was the case.

I got a picture of one wearing a cougar headdress. The camera didn't lie. I don't know where he got it, but he had it. The avatar is a drawing of that picture.

Believe it or don't believe it. I have no preference.

I got a picture of one wearing a cougar headdress. The camera didn't lie. I don't know where he got it, but he had it. The avatar is a drawing of that picture.

Believe it or don't believe it. I have no preference?

Where the heck is this picture? Why is it not released.

Your not one of those people that thinks it's so special that we are not good enought to see it? Or that someone will go out and kill it cause they would be easier to find and hunt with a clear picture?

Edited by Polypodium

I think you should be a little more open to the possibility that perhaps BF, if it exists, may be a Homo but probably won't be as human "just like you and me" as you'd like it to be.

There's no way I could possibly get any more open to the idea that they aren't just like you & me.

Yep. I'm REALLY open to it.

Edited by Sasfooty

Where the heck is this picture? Why is it not released.

Your not one of those people that thinks it's so special that we are not good enought to see it?

No. I'm just selfish & want to keep it all to myself.

Guest HairyGreek

Excuse me if I am wrong, but you sound like the one with your mind made up. Maybe it is uncomfortable for you to think that may be your world that is turned upside down when they turn out to be smarter than us in their own way.