Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest HairyGreek

Check out Lindsay's blog. Apparently he and Stubstad visited the area of the Sierra Kills.

Do we have to revisit this guy? I would think by now the last thing this thread (this discussion in general) needs is more of this type of input. No offense to you slimwitless, I like your posts and generally your thoughts on things. I just wish we could leave that site out of it...

Guest General

Someone just called and asked me to read this post. I thought I was on vacation from work and the rest of this stuff living the high life chasing fish in so cal for the next few days.I have some time to kill in the hotel till the fish slaughter continues in the am.

Intesting read is right... That's a long drive to look at some trees.... that's one thing we can count on robert for, an interesting read. Word got to me they had been to "the site" I don't mean to sound like an ass but I laughed.

I nor derek nor the dr ever said it was near frenchman lake or the dixie mountians, (I still don't know where that is?) we also never said it was in a game refuge. I have never heard of the place (frenchman lake) nor had derek till lindsay posted that it was where it took place (we laughed and said wtf where is he gettin this stuff from. But we felt that way about half his "story"). We laughed but never confirmed nor denied that's where it took place. Obviously I have never been there. Idk where the idea came from that it was near frenchman lake. It didn't come from me derek or the dr. My guess is it came from ken walker, I was very vaig in my discription to him about where it all took place he must of assumed the rest him or lindsay. They have both often strugled to keep their facts straight. You guys can dig for dirt or try to find holes in the story all you want, I think your times important I wish you wouldn't waste it that way. All you may find is I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Look for holes or lies all you want. It will be as productive as roberts trip to the lake.

I really wish we could all just sit around the camp fire and talk about this over a couple beers. I think we could all understand eachother and show eachother a lot more respect that way. truthfully I don't like talking about it but if I had to that's how we could do it.

Till the story ends,

Best of luck guys

I for one am all for a campfire beer story telling event. :)

I only have one question- not trying to dig holes- really trying to understand. After the second creature was shot, Derek says you guys "freaked out" and ran. Was it an irrational panic or was it "freaking" out about what your companion shot?

Tim B.

Guest slimwitless

Do we have to revisit this guy? I would think by now the last thing this thread (this discussion in general) needs is more of this type of input. No offense to you slimwitless, I like your posts and generally your thoughts on things. I just wish we could leave that site out of it...

I'm reading everything I can on this topic (both the blog posts and the comments). It's the only way to separate the wheat from the chaff. I thought others might find it interesting.

On Edit: Forgot to add, no offense taken. I suppose I could always hoard the information for a book or something (although Lindsay, Walker, R.W. or someone else will probably beat me to it).

Edited by slimwitless

I find it incredible that people find it so hard to believe the two shooters just getting the heck out of Dodge.

If I remember correctly Derek said the shooter was someone who didn't believe in Sasquatch (correct me if I'm wrong there) So under those circumstances I could see someone getting quite rattled by the events that occured following the first pull of the trigger. Imagine a fisherman accidently hooking the Loch Ness Monster, do you really think he'd calmly rebait his hook and continue to fish after that encounter?

From the story you have a guy who believes he shot a bear, bear runs off on 2's and 4's crashing through bush, then they are approached by a couple of small apelike animals and begin to feel threatened and fire upon one of them. So Mama was hit, child was killed, and some people find it odd these two guys weren't waiting around snapping pictures not knowing if Daddy was going to come home?

We like to think that we would do the "right" thing, collect evidence, take pictures report to appropriate peoples, But how could we possibly know how we'd react until we've experienced it. There are things about the story that causes me to raise an eyebrow, But them splitting quickly after the shooting is not one of them.

You bring up another interesting point with "Daddy" BF potentially showing up... they should have done the right thing and waited for him, so they could collect the DNA sample and confirm once and for all if he was or wasn't the father. I'm so sick of people not taking the time to do things the right way!

Guest slimwitless

Someone just called and asked me to read this post. I thought I was on vacation from work and the rest of this stuff living the high life chasing fish in so cal for the next few days.I have some time to kill in the hotel till the fish slaughter continues in the am.

Intesting read is right... That's a long drive to look at some trees.... that's one thing we can count on robert for, an interesting read. Word got to me they had been to "the site" I don't mean to sound like an ass but I laughed.

I nor derek nor the dr ever said it was near frenchman lake or the dixie mountians, (I still don't know where that is?) we also never said it was in a game refuge. I have never heard of the place (frenchman lake) nor had derek till lindsay posted that it was where it took place (we laughed and said wtf where is he gettin this stuff from. But we felt that way about half his "story"). We laughed but never confirmed nor denied that's where it took place. Obviously I have never been there. Idk where the idea came from that it was near frenchman lake. It didn't come from me derek or the dr. My guess is it came from ken walker, I was very vaig in my discription to him about where it all took place he must of assumed the rest him or lindsay. They have both often strugled to keep their facts straight. You guys can dig for dirt or try to find holes in the story all you want, I think your times important I wish you wouldn't waste it that way. All you may find is I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. Look for holes or lies all you want. It will be as productive as roberts trip to the lake.

I really wish we could all just sit around the camp fire and talk about this over a couple beers. I think we could all understand eachother and show eachother a lot more respect that way. truthfully I don't like talking about it but if I had to that's how we could do it.

Till the story ends,

Best of luck guys

Hello General. It's pretty obvious Stubstad and Lindsay were in the wrong place (and I suggested as much in the comments on his blog). I'm trying my best to be Mr. Spock on the details of this fantastic story but I have a mental picture of those two unknowingly running into Derek's expedition at a Kwik-E-Mart somewhere. (Although I think they would have recognized Bindernagel at the counter buying beef jerky and the can of Monster Energy Drink). Kidding, of course - I have no idea who was there. Obviously I've had a few beers myself. Anyway, you should really stick around. We all want to hear your side of the story.

TimB, I didn't say they freaked out and ran, I said they were freaked out and scared, and didn't want to stick around. They didn't run out of the meadow with their arms flailing above their heads screaming. I'm sorry, but I just want to keep the story as accurate as possible if the shooter and I are going to talk about it on this forum. Please understand I'm not trying to knit pick you Tim, I just want it straight.

BTW, the general is not the shooters companion, he is the main guy.

General, good luck with your fishing! I will be fishing off the coast of WA by Friday morning. Love the camp fire idea. The fires were good on Nor-Cal. I think people could accomplish a lot around a camp fire. We'll have some good fires in Idaho in November!

Wait- General is the shooter?

Okay- I'm fine with being nit-picked- and I hope I haven't inadvertently implied anything insulting or leading in my questions. I'm really not trying to cast aspersions - I truly am trying to understand what happened and haven't asked my question the right way. I think what I'm getting is that after they realized both creatures were not bears but Bigfoot they just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible? It wasn't that dread that people talk about during some encounters?

Tim B.

I nor derek nor the dr ever said ...Idk where the idea came from that it was near frenchman lake. It didn't come from me derek or the dr. ...

Not sure I understand- is dr. "driver" or "doctor" or something else?

Tim B.

General it seems Derek is implying that you are the shooter unless I got that wrong. I'm wondering when you first realised the animal was not a bear, was it as it was running off or after you had a look at the younger ones? How long did this entire event take place over, from first sighting of the adult until getting into the vehicle to drive away? What was the second infants reaction to the first being shot? It sounds like it was fairly near to you at the time, did it run away, or jump at the sound or did it just hold its ground?

Thanks for taking the time to come on here, love the beer idea, But **** who would foot that bill?

Guest Thepattywagon

Two questions for Derek Randles:

Why couldn't "General" just tell us HIMSELF that he was the shooter? Seven posts talking about the incident and he refers to himself either in the third person or as if he was the 'other' guy. Why is okay to expose him now and not early on?

Also, if you would, Derek, could you clarify the timeline in post #106 dated Aug 1, 12:50 AM. You stated "I've just finished combing the area". Can you tell us how long before you posted this on Aug 1st at 12:50 am that you had "just finished"?

Thanks! :)

I really wish we could all just sit around the camp fire and talk about this over a couple beers. I think we could all understand eachother and show eachother a lot more respect that way.

From your mouth to God's ears, my brother.

Guest tpick

Till the story ends,

Best of luck guys

General, bro, I think that would be one big campfire with a few million folks that want to know what happened up there. This IS LIKELY bigger than Patterson/Gimlin. The whole dang world is waiting to see a body and it slipped through our collective hands again. I believe what you say happened but somehow I don't think you are gonna have time over the next 50 years to answer all of our questions. But I'm ready when you are...

Guest slimwitless

Why couldn't "General" just tell us HIMSELF that he was the shooter? Seven posts talking about the incident and he refers to himself either in the third person or as if he was the 'other' guy. Why is okay to expose him now and not early on?

General's first few posts revealed he was one of the two witnesses to the shooting. I suppose he never explicitly said "I am the shooter" but I think it was pretty obvious that he was the main guy in his subsequent posts. Others (including myself) referred to him as such. I don't think there's any great revelation here. Let's hope he sticks around so we can hear the story in his own words.

Guest HairyGreek

If the General is indeed the shooter, I would honestly rather ask things that he actually be able to share at this point then the things he cannot yet talk about. I would love to hear a more detailed description of the creatures themselves and their behavior priot to the unfortunate turn of events that we are not privy to yet.