Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest Thepattywagon

General's first few posts revealed he was one of the two witnesses to the shooting. I suppose he never explicitly said "I am the shooter" but I think it was pretty obvious that he was the main guy in his subsequent posts. Others (including myself) referred to him as such. I don't think there's any great revelation here. Let's hope he sticks around so we can hear the story in his own words.

Yes, I understand that he was there. And I also understood that there was at least a fifty percent chance that he was the shooter. My point was that he never admitted to it. Someone else had to do it, and that was Derek R. I was just curious to know what changed in this whole mystery that suddenly cleared the way for DR to tell us that General was the shooter.

Guest slimwitless

No big deal. I think though if you go back and re-read General's post here, you'll see he revealed himself to be the shooter. That's how I read it anyway.

Edited: Quoted preceding post. Chris B.

Guest Thepattywagon

I've read it several times, in addition to his other posts. I stick to my statement that he never said he was the shooter; Derek made it public, not General.

Edited: Quoted preceding post. Chris B.

If the General is indeed the shooter, I would honestly rather ask things that he actually be able to share at this point then the things he cannot yet talk about. I would love to hear a more detailed description of the creatures themselves and their behavior priot to the unfortunate turn of events that we are not privy to yet.

HairyGreek said:

I would love to hear a more detailed description of the creatures themselves and their behavior priot to the unfortunate turn of events that we are not privy to yet.

Susi says:

Unfortunate Turn of Events?

Mother BF and a child is dead, and another child could have starved to death.

Yep, That is an Unfortunate turn of events often called a tragedy... :(

I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart that this story is a total fabrication.

If it is true, I am so sorry for everyone involved, especially the BF.

Guest HairyGreek

I don't recall there being confirmation of a kill on the mother. Of course, the whole story has yet to be told. It is indeed a sad situation that happens in the wild all the time regardless of human involvement or not. I plan on staying calm until I hear the whole story and even then, I will admit now I haven't walked a single footstep in the shooter's shoes and will not judge him as I was not there and have no idea what it was like or what I would have done. Even then, I will also like to see more evidence once the final story is given that can corroborate said story before I get my feathers ruffled about any alleged deaths/kills.

Guest slimwitless

I've read it several times, in addition to his other posts. I stick to my statement that he never said he was the shooter; Derek made it public, not General.

My opinion is that Derek thought most people had already inferred he was the guy. But yeah, General never said it explicitly - just as he's never corroborated (or denied) the name floating around. Either way, the cat's out of the bag.

Having been away from the thread for a while I have a new view on the situation.

I totally see where the General guy is coming from. This guy has a pair the size of pumpkins to squeeze that trigger. I would have let out a falsetto scream and outran any BF back to civilization.

General, please enlighten us to some details that won't violate your NDA. It can be something as silly as how you felt (scared, thrilled, sleep). If you can give any descriptions, describe vocalizations, etc.

Guys, that was not intended to be ant big revelation, I think it was pretty obvious that the General was the shooter. I just thought I'd clear up any grey area. He assumed that most people knew. I'm not throwing him under the bus here, just being honest. He trusts me and I trust him. He is my friend, and I don't say that lightly. Like I said, we both figured it was obvious anyways.

I don't think he's going to get to deep into the details at this point. He will when the time is right and the study is done. I can tell you that we have been straight with you from the beginning. I can also tell you that he will probably stick around on this forum as long as people aren't to nasty with him. We both very much appreciate the positive comments and intelligent feedback.

Derek any chance of those photos of tracks found recently being uploaded? There really a separate thing from the shooting last fall so it shouldn't cause any problems with the study, and being that they would essentially be photos of the ground it wouldn't exactly give away any locations that are further under study.

Also, I wanted to add, I'm not trying to control him in any way. He is his own man and is free to disclose anything he wants that doesn't violate his NDA.

Guest Thepattywagon

We have been led to believe that the 'steak' came from the mother, because the hair on it was lighter in color and matched her hair color, not the darker juveniles. If true, the mother has assumed room temperature, either because she had an eight inch hole blown thru her, or the piece was ripped off of her by a scavenger feeding on the carcass later.

that was quick thanks, was there a series of them? did you measure any stride length, just curious if its believed to be a juvenile or an adult track set.

Edited by adam777

Guest HairyGreek

We have been led to believe that the 'steak' came from the mother, because the hair on it was lighter in color and matched her hair color, not the darker juveniles. If true, the mother has assumed room temperature, either because she had an eight inch hole blown thru her, or the piece was ripped off of her by a scavenger feeding on the carcass later.

Where do you get eight inch hole from? Again, I would need to hear something from the shooter about the exact wound location or see a pic of the peice of flesh before beginning to assume the mother Sas is dead. Especially with the purported size of these animals and also what I know a comparably sized Grizzly can live through if it can avoid infection or severe blood loss.

Edited by HairyGreek