Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

I'll try to clear this up as well. When Justin was on blog talk last weekend he was referring to the distance from him to the big one. He said something like 100 or 80 yards. He didn't mean 180, he meant 80 to 100 yards. I've been to the site and it was between 80 and 90 yards when he shot.

They did see the creature from the end of a dirt road that led into a field or clearing. When they pulled up the creature was ahead and slightly to the right of them in the clearing. The road ended, but they drove a little ways into the clearing after the shot.

DR

Thank you Derek for clearing that up for us.

Kentucky Apeman- It certainly is agianst the hunting regulations in California to shot a bear sow with cubs, subdivision 2 chapter 3 section 365 c cubs and females with cubs may not be taken at anytime. Let me just chide in here, I do not hunt but some of my friends do and they said one of the first things you learn is to identify what you are shooting. Also Justin could of shot over the Sas' head first, hell it was what 80 yards away. No Justin will not be prosecuted for a violation that isn't on the books but thats not to say that regulations can't inacted that might prevent such laxity in the field.

As for the interview, from the way I understood it, Justin was being told that there could be alot of money involved for recovery.Want a motive, theres the motive. Remorse, I don't think so. Friegthened of a 40 pound three year old Sas, come on. I am in the camp that what we are being told is all damage control but I also could be wrong.One thing for sure is that I hope we can all LEARN from this mistake and move on. I can go on and on about educating the general public via a PSA, maybe get a flier out to hunting clubs, maybe talk to your state lawmaker. In the case of cause and effect maybe we can choose to use this incident to a positive effect. Said to much, I know. ptangier

Yes, I hope we can learn from this mistake. That's EXACTLY what we're trying to do.

As far as money goes, yes I told him there could be money involved with a body recovery, but money being a motive for the shooting, no. When the shooting happened he knew nothing about Bigfoot and we hadn't met, so that was not his motive. The only money involved was me giving Justin a few hundred bucks to pay for travel expenses to go back up and look a few times, that's it.

A forty pound cat could tear you up bad, and for that matter a forty pound monkey could do a lot of damage as well.

I agree that this event could have a positive effect and raise awareness.

Well after the snap judgement for shooting the adult happened there were several things that could have happened with the kids.

1. At 35-40 lbs a piece, I don't think they were old enough to survive on their own, in that case, he probably could have shot both of the kids rather than leave the other one to die- the dog found 3 areas that bothered it when they went back to get a sample. I assume the third area was the other child that subsequently died.

2. He could of abstained from shooting either kid and left them both to die.

3. He could have attempted to capture them, they probably would have died in captivity or been shot and dissected.

In my eyes, after the adult was shot, there was no "win" situation here for the kids. The outcome for them would have been the same regardless of the scenario once the adult was down. What would you have done if given 15 minutes to think it through? I don't see a "right" choice here once the initial event began to unfold.

You're right, and I agree with you, assuming their is only one primary care-giver.

Rick Dyer is offering General $1 million for "one piece" of a bigfoot. He also claims to have spoken with one of General's relatives and "she" says he's lying. No word on if the MIB have contacted him yet about General.

BTW - Dyer is hard to listen to, but I submit it here for a chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWNrT4hj-X0

Edited by rwridley

You're right, and I agree with you, assuming their is only one primary care-giver.

They aren't animals! They take care of each other. The older juveniles often watch the little ones. Chances are excellent that the other baby survived.

Incident events Copied from Noel's transcription, edited for nonsequential remarks

October 8, 2010, v by Golden Lake, California Sierra Nevada Mountains, c. 5:00 PM

We came around this corner…, we look, and see this thing at the same time.

The truck stops.

I pointed my rifle at it and I could see it through the scope.

Probably 3 or 4 seconds went by, and it started to walk towards us,

It had its arms in the air and was waving them,

Maybe 5 seconds had passed, and my buddy he says Don’t shoot …

So I pull the trigger

It took off running.

The big one’s almost out of sight and these two small ones come out

We drive the truck into the field, maybe 30 yards, then take off running.

We heard the thing crash

We run up there, cubs are just out of sight.

We run over there and now are face to face with these kids. 10 yards away

We can’t find the big one.

I decide I’m going to going to shoot one

My buddy’s No, do not shoot, do not shoot.

So we look for 15 minutes or so.

Meanwhile the kids are looking for the parent

Maybe 15 minutes goes by or so,

I keep deciding to shoot one of the little ones. My buddy’s like, No no

Me and my buddy are split up and I’m down this hill

One of them, the little one, is starting to approach me.

It’s getting closer…it’s getting closer, starting to make some noise,

So I shoot it directly in the neck

It rolled down the hill

I pick it up and I’m sitting there looking at it and starting to feel bad

It died.

My buddy walks up What have you done?

I am like fine, forget this, so I throw it on the ground

I start walking back to the truck.

My buddy’s holding it,

I walk back to him like Dude, we gotta get out of here.

He says, Okay, okay, let’s hide this, we’ll come back for it later.

We take it into the bush, throw a bunch of stuff on top of it, and leave.

Edited by Kings Canyon

I agree with you Polypodium. I was amazed to see the comments in the chat. But at the time good questions we're needed nobody had one. It was such a missed opportunity. I got so frustrated over the fact that I couldn't chat along because I wasn't logged on that it even made me post my first comment on this site.. I've been following this forum for a few months now out of interest in the phenomenon and I thought about entering the discussion alot but this interview finally made me do it..

What's kept me from commenting earlier is especially that I'm from the Netherlands. A country where nobody knows about bigfoot (maybe amazing but true!) so I feel like I'm not in the position to talk about it because we don't have no bigfoots here.. And that's for sure. Maybe somewhere else in Europe but not here.

And then there's the language that makes it difficult to say what you mean, so I apologize for that in advance.

And finally there's the iPhone trying to change every word I type into Dutch..

Sorry to bother you all.

We are thrilled to have company visit from the Netherlands!

Welcome...There are a lot of knowledgeable researchers here who are in the forefront of BF research, and some have had encounters,and some have had sightings, plus these guys know their facts and are great people.

So again, Welcome, and have fun!

Also you can learn a lot because there are many pages of research posted here.

General,

I am no-kill, but I will withold judgement on your actions. That is unless you were to accept so much as a dollar for it. Expences, I understand. But I can't imagine a justification for you profiting from what happened, JMO.

Rick Dyer is offering General $1 million for "one piece" of a bigfoot. He also claims to have spoken with one of General's relatives and "she" says he's lying. No word on if the MIB have contacted him yet about General.

BTW - Dyer is hard to listen to, but I submit it here for a chuckle.

How can we believe anything that this guy says when it has been proven he has lied.This is a Fact!

• Upvote 1

Guest General

Been having trouble logging in sense my last post. Ill try to get caught up. I didnt know people were still listening to Rick dyer. apparently he still enjoys making stuff up. I hear he has a very long history of such things. I guess we have to decide whether to believe him or Derek. Tough one........ he can take his "million" dollars and kick rocks or buy some teeth or fix that speech impediment. I hear no one takes him serious anyways.

OK I will try an get caught up later. My wife barrowed a DVD player from her sister and rented hangover 2

• Upvote 1

General,

I am no-kill, but I will withold judgement on your actions. That is unless you were to accept so much as a dollar for it. Expences, I understand. But I can't imagine a justification for you profiting from what happened, JMO.

You can't imagine a justification for profitting from possibly discovering bigfoot, thus vindicating thousands of people? I think he'll find a way to live with himself.

Incident events Copied from Noel's transcription, edited for nonsequential remarks

It had its arms in the air and was waving them, Maybe 5 seconds had passed, and my buddy he says Don’t shoot … So I pull the trigger

We run over there and now are face to face with these kids. 10 yards away We can’t find the big one. I decide I’m going to going to shoot one My buddy’s No, do not shoot, do not shoot. So we look for 15 minutes or so.

Meanwhile the kids are looking for the parent Maybe 15 minutes goes by or so, ...

So I shoot it directly in the neck ...

My buddy walks up What have you done? I am like fine, forget this, so I throw it on the ground I start walking back to the truck. My buddy’s holding it, ...

Yeh, I heard this version, though much longer from him in a radio interview (apparently the updated version)

http://youtu.be/OWZQynrIG6E.

I wondered what type of person would think making themselves seem capable of shooting a being after their buddy identifies as someone in a suit and repeatedly says dont shoot, then capable of killing a child after so long a time of identifying them as humanoid, would make their story sanitised?

In the apparently sanitised version in this radio interview he repeats that he wanted to kill one of the children but his buddy keeps saying dont do it. He says, "so, I decided to shoot one of the kids" but his buddy tells him not to. He has time, a long time according to him, to recognise the helplessness of the children.

Edited by grayjay
1A Forum Rules