Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

That's what I'm talking about! I'm talking full-on, Grade A, I'm-perfect-and-do-no-wrong-and-thus-am-better-than-you good ol' fashioned JUDGEMENT! That's exactly what this thread needs MORE of!

Hey look over there- a double rainbow!

Edited by grayjay
Removed Quote from a Removed Post

As I said, I posted it for a laugh. I'd be surprised if anyone took him seriously.

Hey, some claim to know straight out FACTS about the creatures. And post seriously, and evidently others lap up the pap spewed. You're surprised posters took Dwyer seriously? Nothing surprises me about what folks will buy into, anymore.

Namecalling is still a Rules Violation and now that some posts had to be edited and deleted it would be greatly appreciated if further posts could be made in compliance.

Thanks,

Grayjay

Guest Alpinist

So refresh my memory General Patton, maybe I tuned into the wrong radio program ? Was it your driver said "it's a guy in a suit" or you said that ? Then you killed a target you could not identify whom was waving it's arms at you in a signalling fashion at 80 to 90 yards ?

That must have been a very threatening situation to be in. I mean you had to get out of the truck and everything ... thats really scary

Edited by Alpinist

Guest HucksterFoot

:wub::lol::D Thank you! I needed something to laugh about and you are too cute!

I can just hear the conversation:

Official:"Why did you shoot?" reply: "It was a monster!"

Official: "I thought you said it was on 2 feet"

reply:"It was a monster on 2 feet until it went to all 4 and then it was a bear and a monster!"

Official:"Draw blood for alcohol content, and put him in the slammer!"

;)

:thumbsup: :]]] Made me laugh.

So refresh my memory General Patton, maybe I tuned into the wrong radio program ? Was it your driver said "it's a guy in a suit" or you said that ? Then you killed a target you could not identify whom was waving it's arms at you in a signalling fashion at 80 to 90 yards ?

That must have been a very threatening situation to be in. I mean you had to get out of the truck and everything ... thats really scary

So this is how it is going to be? Some one finally shoots one of these creatures and now there is all this remorse.Well I sure hate to see when they finally bring a body that has been shot.Sure you can say I am defending General and I still believe that he knows he made a mistake.

No one knows what goes through a person mind when you see these creatures,You make one mistake and then you another mistake.Sure that does not justify what he did but it happen.So what is going to happen when some one does bring in that body ,then what ?we are going to rip them a new but hole.He seems to being the right thing by coming forth on what he did and he did sound remorsefull for what happen.He sure as heck not happy about this but it happen.

So why should we be just as bad by now treating him like a criminal.What happen is done and we cannot change that.But because of what happen we now have DNA and the DNA is not the first and i am sure it will not be the last.You can bet i have deeply thought about shooting one with my bow but I know better that i will not survive the out come.Like i have said I would have to be defending my self and that would be my only way.So far they(the creatures) have not shown any aggression towards me .They have been mad with me but is my fault for hunting on thier turf.

Besides the NDA's he has been very open with his encounters.He could have swept this under the rug and never speak of this.But he did come forward and in my opionion that makes it ok in my book.

Mark

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

They aren't animals! They take care of each other.

So do Animals Sas, us in particular.

Well some of us anyway.

Edited by grayjay
Post doubled

.........Some one finally shoots one of these creatures and now there is all this remorse.........

Surely the reason for that is obvious? In my view the only possible justifications for killing an unknown creature are A/ your life is in imminent danger or B/ you are bringing in a type specimen for the advancement of science. As neither of these apparently pertain, it is difficult to see any possible explanation other than some sort of blood-lust.

Mike

Edited by MikeG

:thumbsup: :]]] Made me laugh.

Thanks! :blink: I needed some humor yesterday, and I sincerely appreciate your kind remarks.

So this is how it is going to be? Some one finally shoots one of these creatures and now there is all this remorse.Well I sure hate to see when they finally bring a body that has been shot.Sure you can say I am defending General and I still believe that he knows he made a mistake.

No one knows what goes through a person mind when you see these creatures,You make one mistake and then you another mistake.Sure that does not justify what he did but it happen.So what is going to happen when some one does bring in that body ,then what ?we are going to rip them a new but hole.He seems to being the right thing by coming forth on what he did and he did sound remorsefull for what happen.He sure as heck not happy about this but it happen.

So why should we be just as bad by now treating him like a criminal.What happen is done and we cannot change that.But because of what happen we now have DNA and the DNA is not the first and i am sure it will not be the last.You can bet i have deeply thought about shooting one with my bow but I know better that i will not survive the out come.Like i have said I would have to be defending my self and that would be my only way.So far they(the creatures) have not shown any aggression towards me .They have been mad with me but is my fault for hunting on thier turf.

Besides the NDA's he has been very open with his encounters.He could have swept this under the rug and never speak of this.But he did come forward and in my opionion that makes it ok in my book.

Mark

Mark, Do you ever carry a back-up rifle of some sort in case of an emergency since a gun shoots faster than you can fix an arrow and pull more then one time, or are you skilled enough to fix and pull several arrows in a row if needed?

I was just thinking about a rifle as a backup weapon in case of an encounter that needs a lot of firepower to take down for your own safety.

Guest slimwitless

Surely the reason for that is obvious? In my view the only possible justifications for killing an unknown creature are A/ your life is in imminent danger or B/ you are bringing in a type specimen for the advancement of science. As neither of these apparently pertain, it is difficult to see any possible explanation other than some sort of blood-lust.

Mike

He felt like he needed a body or no one would believe them. That doesn't sound as lofty as killing one to obtain a type specimen but it's ultimately the same thing (a desire for proof). I'm not convinced he wasn't looking through that scope and thinking he could prove something no one on the planet had been able to prove by simply pulling a trigger. Whether that's true or not, I suppose we'll never know.

Edited by slimwitless

No one knows what goes through a person mind when you see these creatures.

I know what went through my mind every time I have seen one, & at no time was there ever a thought about killing them.

So why should we be just as bad by now treating him like a criminal.

Condemning murder isn't "just as bad" as committing it. Anyone that believes that needs to reevaluate their own character.

You can bet i have deeply thought about shooting one with my bow but I know better that i will not survive the out come.

Mark

You ask them for a gift, they give you one, then you contemplate shooting them. I guess this is why you can be so sympathetic. The only thing that would stop you is fear of retaliation.

• Upvote 1

If i'm not mistaken the " other one " has been seen to be still in the area in the ensuing months via footprints with some bigger footprints in the vicinity too.

If i'm not mistaken the " other one " has been seen to be still in the area in the ensuing months via footprints with some bigger footprints in the vicinity too.

That is wonderful news! Thank you so very much for posting this information. :wub:

Hopefully the surviving youngster is with his/her dad, or another family member, or another adult took it under their wing so to say to watch over it.

Edited by SweetSusiq

Guest slimwitless

It's pretty simple really. Someone prove these things exist or this is going to happen again.

Anyone supposedly sitting on evidence might want to reevaluate their position.