Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Derek, the idea of a book around all this sounds intriguing, I'm assuming it can only be published once the DNA results have been published in some public forum, if this is the case I'm assuming the release of your book will coincide with the release of the DNA results, any word on when this might be?

Edited by adam777

Guest General

ill try (key word) to make this as brief as possible, I'm sure you guys have better things to do then read about me. I can understand a lot of your frustration and I can see where your patience is running thin to hear the rest of the story.

I can understand your frustration on a personal level even more so these last few days. I have had several family members over the last 48 hrs (family reunion/means fishin trip for me) come up to me and say "so bob said he googled your name and wtf your into bigfoot. haha. You do know that's not real, right? Those people online are freakin crazy. how in the world did you get them to believe this bla bla bla." I tried to explain the truth and at the end each of them said in their own way "come on bigfoot really... That's crazy"

I felt like a life time of credibility was washed away in a few hours when they look at me they will likely always in the back of their mind think "he is probably kinda crazy. he thinks he shot bf". I know many of you have "been there and done that" when it comes to getting the crazy looks and having these feelings I've been having. I'm starting to feel like I want this (my story, the dna project, ericksons videos) out there more then anyone. I'm saying all that to say I feel your pain and I really don't mean to dangle a carrot in front of you or feed you enough to keep this story alive. That is not my intention. Later today I will go back and try to find some questions I can answer. There is a lot of reading here so forgive me if I miss some or choose not to answer others. A full account is being documented and will be released as soon as the dna project is made public.

I have a lot of respect for department of fish and game. I also have a great relationship with them. I have cal tip "poacher reporting line" on speed dial. I've often been the guy reporting so much stuff they had their hands full. I have volunteered many a hours with them, I have 4 wardens in my phone book, I've helped with fish counts and surveying. I have volunteered and guided hunts for them for the disabled and my brother is a dfg hunter safety course instructor. I did talk to 2 wardens about this. The reaction in between holding back laughter was something along the lines of "uh uhm well I don't really want to touch that with a ten foot pole I don't want my name involved in this but hey good luck with that sir". They are not paid nearly enough for what they do and they have their hands full enough already.An while I'm at it. I have never been worried about getting prosecuted for murder or sited for what happened, that whole thought process in my opinion is ridiculous. I'm not looking for amnesty or anything like that from the feds either. I really have no idea where any of that came from. If any of that was the case I would have shut up a long time ago.

As for the driver. He is a great guy. a real american puts his family first he works hard everyday and parties harder, I wish I could be as good of dad as he is. I'm privileged to have him as a friend. He is a very good friend of mine and what happened that day has not changed that a bit. He was very upset I shot the kid but it blew over just a speed bump in a friendship, it was a very bad judgment call on my part. Idk where the part about him taking my gun away and pointing it at me came from. None of that happened. He told me not to shoot several times in several ways. He was upset I pulled the trigger. The next night we were bbqing back straps and drinking coors light (Budweiser for him, he thinks that's the only american beer) we didn't talk about what happened for almost 10 days. Not a single word was said the whole drive home.

My story has never changed. That's why I came here in the first place to clear up an extremely untrue version of the story.

I gotta get baited up. Btw fishing has been awesome. Caught around 500lbs of all kinds of fish and sharks. Released em all so far. Lookin for a nice halibut now.

Thanks for that General. I think the importance of putting it in your own words helps people relate to you and your experience. Previously your story was just another story floating around with no names, faces thoughts or feelings, just a story and I think its much easier for someone to understand and believe in it once told through your view with your own opinions and personality thrown in. It says alot that your coming here to speak this piece and to me shows you have a respect for what the people on this board have spent time researching and I very much look forward to the Q&A post later on. Glad fishing has been going well for ya too, good luck with those halibut!

Edited by adam777

Guest slimwitless

The sex of the adult Sasquatch is under NDA and we can't speak of it at this time.

DR

Thanks Derek. And thanks General for opening up about this. I think we all know what you mean about people's perceptions. I've been interested in this possibility for some time but I've only recently mentioned it to some family members. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Strike that...if this study pans out as many of us hope, they'll be getting an earful.

Guest HairyGreek

Like I have said before General. No one on here has walked a mile in your shoes to judge anything that happened that day. And the folks who did it based off the story of someone who can't keep his facts straight and then blames it on others...well, let's just say I am happy you are around and the other guy has been banned.

By the way, that is a good friend you have there. Most people would leave you high and dry. I am glad you have some support and someone who knows what you went through and can be there for you. It seems Derek has also taken up for you. Based on your post alone, (I don't know you) you sound like an honorable person who made a mistake and is trying to turn something good out of it.

Strike that...if this study pans out as many of us hope, they'll be getting an earful.

Amen to that!

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY

General, Were the bodies or any parts thereof recovered for science and verification of species? (Besides the steak sized piece, or was that all that was left?)

Is the basic story true that the mother was killed and the baby attacked to help it's mom, and was also shot to death, but leaving a second youngster living?

If so, Did the second BF child (I think there was one) survive as far as you know?

:( Poor little baby lost mom and sibling if it was there and survived.

General, bro, I think that would be one big campfire with a few million folks that want to know what happened up there. This IS LIKELY bigger than Patterson/Gimlin. The whole dang world is waiting to see a body and it slipped through our collective hands again. I believe what you say happened but somehow I don't think you are gonna have time over the next 50 years to answer all of our questions. But I'm ready when you are...

Yeah, This is a lot larger then the PGF, especially if there are any body parts along with the steak-like piece that we know about, especially if a large body part like a head or torso survived.

Wow, That would be amazing wouldn't it?

Then we can make laws protecting them so that irresponsible hunters don't start hunting for BF trophies, and possibly getting themselves killed by an irate BF who takes exception to having his family members shot at..Yikes!

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY

Derek has said multiple times there were no bodies/body parts recovered other than a small piece of flesh with some hair on it, I doubt General is going to have a different story on that part of it than Derek does, they seem to be in pretty good communication and on the same page about what has happened.

I'm very interested to hear about the behaviour of the juveniles after the adult was shot. It seems strange they would emerge from cover and wonder around a potential threat getting very close before the one was shot, just seems like abnormal animal behaviour. Were these animals percieved to be juveniles as in the equivalent of a 10-15 year old human, or did they act more like a toddler who was unaware of the danger of the situation?

Guest General

Its amazing being surrounded by water and not being able to wash your hands cause you can't reach it. The bites slowing.

Sweetsusiq,

I can't really comment on some of that. Only thing thats has been recovered was found by me and my bloodhound the flesh sample.well that's not toally true a bone fragiment some fecies and hair was recently found in the same location but till the test results come back it could be anything. To be honest at this point it doesn't really matter what they test out as.

There was a lot of questions about physical desctiption of the creatures. I really don't think I can paint a picture with my words. Whether or not we will all admit it but I think we have all seen finding bigfoot monster quest and all that. I look at some of their recreations and laugh but I have seen a few I thought dang thats dead on. As soon as I'm at a computer (probably a week) ill find a picture that I feel matches it best and post it (anyone who knows any good sites or pictures feel free to send them my way). In fact me and the driver will both do it seperatly and ill post what we both come up with. Honestly the drawings and the sketches don't really do much for me while they may show some facial features They still look like cartoons.

Why did we leave in such a hurry and why didn't we take a picture?

I don't know. We just wanted to get away from the nightmare, none of it was fun and we wanted it to be over. Till you see a monster and decide not to shoot or to shoot then I just don't think I can describe or put into words my feelings or emotions in a way that would make sense to you. The thought of taking a picture at the time never crossed my mind. That may sound weird or untrue but its what happend.

I don't really enjoy talking about this (any of it). Its not really a fun thing to remember. or being the center of attention, so forgive me if I'm not always around to talk bigfoot or answer questions. I'm sure I'm missing some questions bump em to the top for me. Ill answer what I can for a bit

.I gotta go find some fish that are actaully hungry.

couple of questions for General

1. From first sighting until leaving the scene how long roughly was this incident?

2. Are you able to describe in further detail the behaviour of the two Juveniles? Were they cautious of you and trying to hide, or approaching without caution? What was the reaction of the 2nd juvenile to the first one being shot?

3. At anytime during this event did these animals vocalize? I've heard in previous instances where someone suspected of shooting a bigfoot that the animal would let out a scream. If they did vocalize what did this sound like?

Thanks for taking questions and thanks for offering to find a picture that looks pretty close to what these animals look like, Thats something I think is often forgotten in these interviews is that often a witness is not shown pictures of suspected Sasquatches and asked which one looks most like what they saw, a practice that is often used in police investigations to see if witnesses identify key suspects

Guest General

Tough questions to answer, Probably 20 minutes, They communicated often sounded like a deaf person trying to speak. They were probably 5 to 7 years old if compared to human kids. They were not affraid of us at all but they were obviously panicted (sp) and worried. They Approached us several times. They split up several times looking for the parent. They were seperated when one got a little too braze and got much too close. I didn't see the other one after the second shot.

:rolleyes::blush: I finally saw the General's( the shooter's) post, but only after I had posted, and could not change them due to time constraints. How did I miss the General's post?

With luck I can reach a mod and make all of this disappear.. :blink: sooner rather then later..

Its amazing being surrounded by water and not being able to wash your hands cause you can't reach it. The bites slowing.

Sweetsusiq,

I can't really comment on some of that. Only thing thats has been recovered was found by me and my bloodhound the flesh sample.well that's not toally true a bone fragiment some fecies and hair was recently found in the same location but till the test results come back it could be anything. To be honest at this point it doesn't really matter what they test out as.

There was a lot of questions about physical desctiption of the creatures. I really don't think I can paint a picture with my words. Whether or not we will all admit it but I think we have all seen finding bigfoot monster quest and all that. I look at some of their recreations and laugh but I have seen a few I thought dang thats dead on. As soon as I'm at a computer (probably a week) ill find a picture that I feel matches it best and post it (anyone who knows any good sites or pictures feel free to send them my way). In fact me and the driver will both do it seperatly and ill post what we both come up with. Honestly the drawings and the sketches don't really do much for me while they may show some facial features They still look like cartoons.

Why did we leave in such a hurry and why didn't we take a picture?

I don't know. We just wanted to get away from the nightmare, none of it was fun and we wanted it to be over. Till you see a monster and decide not to shoot or to shoot then I just don't think I can describe or put into words my feelings or emotions in a way that would make sense to you. The thought of taking a picture at the time never crossed my mind. That may sound weird or untrue but its what happend.

I don't really enjoy talking about this (any of it). Its not really a fun thing to remember. or being the center of attention, so forgive me if I'm not always around to talk bigfoot or answer questions. I'm sure I'm missing some questions bump em to the top for me. Ill answer what I can for a bit

.I gotta go find some fish that are actaully hungry.

Oh General, I am so sorry that this has happened to you.

I had thought that this was a total lie for a while, then I thought that you were a cold blooded killer, but you aren't at all like that.

My heart breaks for you and what happened and what you have had to go through.I'm so sorry for judging you before I heard it from you, but I was swayed by erroneous postings.

Anyone taken by surprise by something that they think *does* *not* exist* _WILL_react_ to the stimuli with whatever training they have.

As a man you shot something that was not supposed to exist and if I were you, I'd of been terrified and shot anything that moved, or either I would have frozen.

As a nurse I usually react well during emergencies, but the one time that I had a **close up encounter** with ** something I though did not exist** I froze and did not move until *it* left. :blush: I'd probably still be standing there if it had not left.

I'm sure my soldier son and hubby would have shot also under those circumstances.

I'm so sorry for how difficult this has been for you.

Thanks for answering those! 20 minutes is quite a long time, so its fair to say you got a really good look at these animals. I've often read before the the juveniles seem less cautious of people and are sometimes more brazen and less conspicuous than the adults. How big were the juveniles height wise? Did any physical characteristics really stand out I'm guessing you probably had a rough idea of what the general conception of a bigfoot looks like prior to this incident, was there anything then that stood out as different than you had previously imagined a bigfoot would look like?

apologies in advance for asking so much, I realize this is difficult for you to discuss and I am only trying to understand the situation and these animals in a better way. If I am being over anxious please let me know, I would like to remain as respectful as possible.

Admin

I only have one question, assuming this incident occurred in the way it has been portrayed:

Why did you take that first shot?

I am with Master Barber on this one - WHY would you take the shot? You still squeezed the trigger when you were not 100% sure of what you were looking at/scoping! Or perhaps you knew exactly what you were looking at/scoping and the thought process was something along the lines of "this is too good to be true!!" Only you know the answer to that and in the end you have to live with your decision.

Guest bsruther

Why can't we ask General about the particulars of what happened and not why it happened? This is not an inquisition. It would be great to get some details, before DF and General are run off again, by those with high emotions.