Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Well it can Cervelo- courage at least in some respects is subjective... i mean if your afraid of scorn, and being belittled, it does take courage to "stand up" even on an internet forum and say something "happened" to you, or you've seen something strange and unclassified that doesn't fit any known/"normal" fauna for the area you experienced it in.

I think your looking at it in a comparative sense, in that compared for instance to a soldier fighting on the front lines of War, or something akin to that- that it pales in comparison.

It may be overstating a bit to say it takes "a real act of courage" to tell a bunch of strangers that you've seen a Bigfoot, but it surely takes some at least.

But i understand your point, and it was actually more about a mis-communication than anything.

Either that or I just allowed someone a few posts above to tell me that I'm gut-less, and lack courage, and I just shrugged it off.... ;)

Guest krakatoa

Am I the only one that noticed Sasfooty's challenge that she would show her proof if Art showed his was, by design, a challenge that could not be met?

She knew the nature of Art's encounter, and that he possessed no proof outside of his story, while she claims to have at least one good photo of a bigfoot of her own.

An interesting move. It allows her (in her perspective at least) a rhetorical victory at no potential cost to her own claims.

Let's be clear about something too Indie....

I have attacked Sasfooty in no way. I chose my words very carefully.

Obviously as a moderator, I have to be aware of the rules, and I am held to higher standard than a regular member- by the admins who oversee my and other mod's actions.

Indie, please dont accuse me of doing something I havent.

Anything I mentioned about the things Sasfooty has claimed in the past- well it comes from stuff she has claimed in the past.

I'm not saying she is lying, far from it. I may be frustrated that if she does have exposure to what she claims- that she isnt willing to share it with the world, and also ALL of my COMMENTS = werent aimed directly at her. There are and have been numerous other's claiming habituation over the last several years.

I am also allowed to say as a member, and even as a moderator that there are things I have a hard time believing... there is a difference you know.

Sas is a fun, interesting, and valued participant and member of these forums, and has my respect for sticking up for the proponent side as often and as hard as she does.

I would never intentionally try to make her feel bad, even if i did disagree with her on somethings...

That's just not a fair statement at all!

Art

Guest Cervelo

Not to derail anymore but with all due respect I find it absurd and sadly laughable that it takes courage of any type and in any context to post on an Internet fourm. I get all of your points and understand your position but could not disagree any more strenuously!

Ok, I can certainly understand why you don't want to share your experience on a public forum. If I had just had one sighting when I was a kid, I probably wouldn't be here telling about mine either.

That's your right. And it's my right to not show pictures (that I sacrificed a lot to get), for nothing more that to hear about how they were hoaxed or imagined, or how I should have done better.

If the things I say don't coincide with "the average non-believer/"skeptic" idea of what bigfoot does & doesn't do, well that's too bad. I don't have any lies to tell, & I'm certainly not going to conform my accounts to satisfy them. Apparently, they would rather not hear anything, but that's easy for them to remedy. Nobody's forcing them to read it. Maybe they just can't figure out how the ignore feature works.

It really makes no difference whether I'm believed or not. Like you, I have nothing to gain by telling these "stories". The only reason I do it is because of the people that read them, & know they are true, because some of the same things are happening to them. They often need to talk to somebody that doesn't laugh at them, & I don't laugh. I've made some very close friends here because of my frivolous unsubstantiated stories.

(And I know how the ignore feature works. I just hope there's no limit to how many people I can put in it.)

Thanks for the support, Indie. They could benefit from your experience, too. :lol:

If the things I say don't coincide with "the average non-believer/"skeptic" idea of what bigfoot does & doesn't do, well that's too bad.

It's disingenuous to label those expressing a little doubt your way as "non-believer/"skeptic."

Guest krakatoa

It's disingenuous to label those expressing a little doubt your way as "non-believer/"skeptic."

But it certainly is easy. ;)

Well, I guess you should probably take that complaint up with Art, since I was quoting him (post 1041).

Why not ? Because I realize full well that without the proof or evidence that people seek, my experience as a young man, is just another anecdotal story- that as powerful as it is for me, would hold little weight in the mind of the average non-believer/"skeptic".

I always thought Sasfooty's avatar was actually a BF with a Cougar Friend hanging out with each other, honestly.. :blush:

:D

Me too! That's what I thought...

I haven't really been following this story much but I must say that some parts of this sound very interesting. Someone claims to have shot killed/identified a sasquatch? (whom?) Someone (whom?) claims to have chunks of a sasquatch? Or some type of flesh samples? These were submitted for DNA testing? (which lab?) Surely someone can confirm a chunk of flesh being tested or not, no matter what the outcome yes? Or is this like every other bigfoot related claim - and top secret squirrel stuff that no one else can know or see?

Just trying to get the facts straight here. I like to deal with direct claims, not rumors.

Ok, I can certainly understand why you don't want to share your experience on a public forum. If I had just had one sighting when I was a kid, I probably wouldn't be here telling about mine either.

That's your right. And it's my right to not show pictures (that I sacrificed a lot to get), for nothing more that to hear about how they were hoaxed or imagined, or how I should have done better.

If the things I say don't coincide with "the average non-believer/"skeptic" idea of what bigfoot does & doesn't do, well that's too bad. I don't have any lies to tell, & I'm certainly not going to conform my accounts to satisfy them. Apparently, they would rather not hear anything, but that's easy for them to remedy. Nobody's forcing them to read it. Maybe they just can't figure out how the ignore feature works.

It really makes no difference whether I'm believed or not. Like you, I have nothing to gain by telling these "stories". The only reason I do it is because of the people that read them, & know they are true, because some of the same things are happening to them. They often need to talk to somebody that doesn't laugh at them, & I don't laugh. I've made some very close friends here because of my frivolous unsubstantiated stories.

(And I know how the ignore feature works. I just hope there's no limit to how many people I can put in it.)

Thanks for the support, Indie. They could benefit from your experience, too. :lol:

I'm not laughing at anyone, and I never saw anything BF related out in the field in my life! I'd like to one day though.... I think it would be fun.

I haven't really been following this story much but I must say that some parts of this sound very interesting. Someone claims to have shot killed/identified a sasquatch? (whom?) Someone (whom?) claims to have chunks of a sasquatch? Or some type of flesh samples? These were submitted for DNA testing? (which lab?) Surely someone can confirm a chunk of flesh being tested or not, no matter what the outcome yes? Or is this like every other bigfoot related claim - and top secret squirrel stuff that no one else can know or see?

Just trying to get the facts straight here. I like to deal with direct claims, not rumors.

127, buddy... unfortunately you have alot of reading to do..... :lol:

It's all there, from the start of this thread, to the last page, but you gotta do some digging friend, there's no "cliff notes" here on the BFF....

All the details you asked about are contained in the numerous pages preceding this one.

Or for $100 in my paypal, you can PM me and ill give you all the particulars...

THATS A JOKE PEOPLE... !! GEEZ lighten up a bit !!!!

Art