Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest HairyGreek

This is a bit of a p**ing contest at this point and clearly you won so lets allow this discussion to get back to the topic.

That's actually my line, but I like the way you think...so agreed. ;)

Also, concerning and earlier point, one man's providing of solid physical evidence (DNA) does not prove everyone's claims of habituation. Brad Pitt fathering Angelina Jolie's child does not prove the she is living at my house.

That was awesome!

Guest RedRatSnake

thanks Jodie, I now have a mess of diet coke to clean up from all over my desk and keyboard, as i just did a classic "spit take" after looking at your avatar.... :angry:

:lol: I got too say it is a Riot

Tim :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest wild eyed willy

I'm up to page 15 and I have two questions for anyone.

What is an NDA

Who the heck is Group: guest?

Edited by wild eyed willy

Guest herosmom

Non disclosure agreement and it's Jodie, her profile got blown away by a malfunction of some sort. Love the pumpkin butt!

Edited by herosmom

I'm up to page 15 and I have two questions for anyone.

What is an NDA

Who the heck is Group: guest?

NDA=Non Disclosure Agreement

Guest=Jodie pre-forum crash

Nevermind, Hero beat me to it. :)

Edited by Jodie

Guest parnassus

Well they could be intelligent and not anywhere near human.

They could? What animal has the kind of intelligence imputed to Bigfoot? What Intelligent primate has no discernible society, shelter, fire, tools, clothing or language?

IMO when you say they "could", seems like pie in the sky.

Guest FuriousGeorge

While those things might be classified as a sign of intelligence, they are based on our needs only. What's a dolphin going to do with fire or cloths?

Guest herosmom

I agree furious, we have no idea what level of conciousness or self-awareness they live at OR what their needs are. Too heavy for a Sat. nite! Ya'll go out and have some fun :)

Edited by herosmom

They could? What animal has the kind of intelligence imputed to Bigfoot? What Intelligent primate has no discernible society, shelter, fire, tools, clothing or language?

IMO when you say they "could", seems like pie in the sky.

Do we know it's a primate Parn? You could actually put cetaceans in a higher category than bigfoot regarding intelligence. Since they live in a different environment you wouldn't necessarily see the same kind of intellectual development that you would with humans simply because fire and water don't mix, and of course, dolphins have no hands so tool use as we think of it might be hard to identify.

How does one judge intelligence anyway? If you were an alien race coming to earth for a visit for the first time, would the species that is manipulating the environment to their detriment be more superior than the species that has learned to live within the constraints of it's environment?

Dolphins, whales, and primates have the most highly differentiated brains of all mammals with cetaceans being the most specialized mammalian order on the planet. Humans may be the best tool-makers on earth, but the whale is probably the best thinker. Intelligence is relative.

Edited by Jodie
  • Upvote 1

Guest RedRatSnake

How does one judge intelligence anyway? If you were an alien race coming to earth for a visit for the first time, would the species that is manipulating the environment to their detriment be more superior than the species that has learned to live within the constraints of it's environment?

I like this cause we should always keep the door open too the idea that WE might not be so smart after all.

Tim :)

RRS, I think you deserve my little "+" today.

Seems to me that we should have already let it in the door, considering how the hunt has been going. :)