Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Do we know it's a primate Parn? You could actually put cetaceans in a higher category than bigfoot regarding intelligence. Since they live in a different environment you wouldn't necessarily see the same kind of intellectual development that you would with humans simply because fire and water don't mix, and of course, dolphins have no hands so tool use as we think of it might be hard to identify.

How does one judge intelligence anyway? If you were an alien race coming to earth for a visit for the first time, would the species that is manipulating the environment to their detriment be more superior than the species that has learned to live within the constraints of it's environment?

Dolphins, whales, and primates have the most highly differentiated brains of all mammals with cetaceans being the most specialized mammalian order on the planet. Humans may be the best tool-makers on earth, but the whale is probably the best thinker. Intelligence is relative.

If aliens were to judge us, they would probably choose army ants as the most intelligent beings on Earth!

If aliens were to judge us, they would probably choose army ants as the most intelligent beings on Earth!

Because it's so near Halloween, I contend that the rescue of army ants or whales would be thwarted by the most frightening force on Earth, carnies. Zombies don't hold a candle to the overriding, incontestable mind-numbing fright that carnies inspire.

Because it's so near Halloween, I contend that the rescue of army ants or whales would be thwarted by the most frightening force on Earth, carnies. Zombies don't hold a candle to the overriding, incontestable mind-numbing fright that carnies inspire.

And carnies also have small hands and smell like cabbage.

Guest wild eyed willy

Even if BF is never proven to exist or is proven not to exist, this forum has broadend my thinking and expanded my horizens. You folks constantly challenge me to rethink and review that which I thought I knew or expected to be. There truley are some great minds on here. Enough said, time for page 16....

Guest Crowlogic

Sorry, I forgot to say this in the other post, but it needs saying.

I never said or intended to imply that "General" doesn't know as much as I "claim to". If he has killed & examined two of them, he certainly knows a lot that I don't know. I have no doubt it will be backed up by DNA evidence.

What I DID intend to say was that whatever he DOES know, doesn't give him the right to be saying "I think most the people that encounter bf have an over active imagination".

I don't approve of it, & haven't tried to hide that fact. Whatever "mea culpa" he's given & how many times he's given it isn't much consolation to the dead BF's, & I don't know that I particularly believe he's sorry anyway.

So here we are in mid October 2011. I'll bet the farm that come Oct 16 2012 there will still be no conclusion to this supposed shooting and nothing in the way of evidence to confirm it actually happened or that there is a Bigfoot at all. People love to talk, people love to make up stories. It's fun on it's most harmless level and it's pathological on it's most harmful level. In any event I don't buy a single word of this Sierra shooting tale.

I tend to agree, if there wre 2 BF shot it would have hit the news like wild fire and spread around the BF community quickly, when in fact on other BF forms there isn't much talk about it at all, sought of ho'hum.

Why get on a taxidermy site to ask questions, thats got me wondering

Very astute observations. Regarding the lack of scuttlebutt on other sites my only plausible answer would be "Yeah we've heard that one before" Many are desensitized and callused.

I have no clue on the Taxidermy question. Unless his comfort level was just higher. Believe it or not they may not be as jaded as we are. Did an inquisition take place on the taxidermy site I wonder?

Guest parnassus

While those things might be classified as a sign of intelligence, they are based on our needs only. What's a dolphin going to do with fire or cloths?

So dolphins have totally avoided humans and their cameras and have no society?

And you ignore the post to which I was referring:

"Well they could be intelligent and not anywhere near human."

So you have tried to derail, to divert attention, to not face the facts.

duly noted.

Edited by parnassus