Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

The sample has already been tested, and they do know the results. They have just chosen to not share them with you yet.

Please correct me if I am wrong. But it seems to me that you are personally verifying that an actual bf was shot by a bear hunter and dna studies has been conducted confirming the existence of bf. It seems like you know this as fact. Or is this second hand knowledge that you have received from someone else and all that you can verify is that someone else told you this. Is this what you were told, or is this what you "know"? Otherwise, I could just as easily say, "This is a hoax, and they have chosen not to let you in on it yet." If you have already answered this please forgive. I am just curious as to your source.

Edited by bigfootnis

Crowlogic: After a while (and some of us many years with interest in the subject) you have to wonder - how many times are bigfooters going to be fooled into believing another big tale? How many of them want to be fooled? How many arent fooled at all, and are responsible for the phenomenon? You know what I mean? :)

I'm not sending them anything.

That wasn't the question.

What kind of test did DNA Diagnostics offer for species ID? Are they going to sequence the entire mtDNA , just the SGM test, or what?

Thats the question. Do you concede that the type of DNA testing differs between ID of knowns and phylogentic taxonomy? The answers to these questions answers your original question about how long it takes to do this right. It's time to man up about it.

I'm guessing they could fill a book with everything Randles left out of that article. :D

Of course. While the two accounts are not necessarily mutually exclusive, "after digging through the snow for many hours they were able to find a piece of flesh" and "my bloodhound found the flesh sample" are not exactly describing the same event either. The real question is: did Randles know a Bloodhound was importantly involved in finding the sample and chose not to mention it, or was this statement a surprise to Randles.

Bloodhounds were bred for hunting, but have become primarily working dogs for law enforcement. Are they making a comeback in the world of hunting? I would think Bloodhounds would be a tad more expensive than other hunting breeds. We should inquire as to the name of General's Bloodhound, given the fact that the dog will be famous because he/she found real deal Bigfoot remains (real, according to Randles' coy remarks previously).

That wasn't the question.

Thats the question. Do you concede that the type of DNA testing differs between ID of knowns and phylogentic taxonomy? The answers to these questions answers your original question about how long it takes to do this right. It's time to man up about it.

So it's been since april 2010 ( a year and a half?) and that isn't long enough? Ok. Checks in the mail.

Guest Crowlogic

Man Roger Patterson was on TV within weeks of his filming at Bluff Creek! I'd like to know how much $$$ is happening during this "development" period. I wonder if there is a plan to build this thing up over time then getting someone to commit sight unseen to paying out a sizable sum for the rights to take it go public even if it's a bust.

So it's been since april 2010 ( a year and a half?) and that isn't long enough? Ok. Checks in the mail.

What happened to the "it takes two" bit? You're just not going to answer the question are you? Did your google quit working?

What happened to the "it takes two" bit? You're just not going to answer the question are you? Did your google quit working?

I've never tested "unknown" DNA before and only read about it. Maybe you can tell me why its taking a year and a half and why they stopped taking submissions but are again, until they stop temporarily. (so I was told via email by the lab) They also explained a little about the NDA which made me not want to submit anything at all. :)

You're basically giving away your sample and the rights to publish it or use it however. Thats fine if your purpose is served in those ways. The thing is, I'm willing to speculate some about this whole thing. (and it does take two, youve been cool with me - i apologize for taking an attitude with you i just think this whole thing stinks) I see these tests ending up as non conclusive at best, and human at fair guess. So what happens when they come back with something that matches say, 3 or 4 % of humans? Or, maybe even human DNA that isn't on the comparison database. (speaking about most of the dna samples that are "uknown primate")

By the way, I'm curious about the hairs you found. Did you check out to see if that area had ever been used for farming or was it fenced etc? Hair looks a little like bovine or alpaca hair. Just curious what you were able to find out about the land and its history etc.

Whats your theory if not bigfoot what is your second guess, or more common animal guess?

Edited by 127

Guest General

General..if you where hunting for bear as you claim you would have been prepared to extract the carcass from the kill site immediately. If you shot two Sasquatch out of fear for your well-being that is understandable, however it should be noted that bear hunters are typically very cool customers. The prospect is high that the first shot will not bring the bear down and you have to be prepared to respond; it's the same way when shooting people who are armed and wearing body-armor. But you stated that you did not remove the bodies that day because they looked too human and you where afraid. The above example offered by the grandfather above clearly defines that your excuse is (forgive my Marine Corps vernacular) ****-poor. Personally I believe that you went out with the full intention of killing a Sasquatch. I don't believe there where proper bear tags withing 100 miles of you, let-a-lone in your possession at the time and after the shooting you realized you had bitten of much much more than you could chew legally and ethically and you panicked. To add further tragedy to this gruesome situation you (seemingly) chose to let the "too human appearing" dead Sasquatch/s, one of which you say died in your arms lay like roadkill to be devoured or rot whichever came first; until of course you had time to think and went back for a tissue sample only to find the carcasses allegedly gone yet you elude to finding a fetus although you did not come right out and say it openly. I am glad that if this did in fact take place that you eventually came forward, although I don't speculate that it was for the sole purpose of clearing your conscience. Maybe the supposed book will tell the whole story in it's entirety? Who knows. Maybe your tissue samples, whatever they might be will be confirmed by Ketchum and Erickson's film? I'll get back to that in a second.

thats an interesting theory. that reminds me rwridley i think it was said something along the lines of ''did anyone check to see if justin smeja had a bear tag? if so he would have to turn in that bear tag if he was successful, after all some people say it was just a bear''. Well in CA DFG requires that EVERY bear hunter turn in their bear tag at the end of the year whether or not they were successful. So yes I had a bear tag and yes I did send it in at the end of the year. No I did not kill a bear in 2010.

Heres a bone for you all. I personally havent said much at all about the location of the kill. Lots of assumptions have been made and I've remained quiet about it. well here you go it was by Gold lake, CA. Maybe it was 2 miles away maybe it was 10 miles away. It really doesnt matter at this point, as time goes on I will release the exact location of the kill site more then likely in the book.

Of course I had a bear tag with me in my possession. I was bear hunting. Not squatch hunting. Your theory is far fetched taut.

I think it is silly what some of you must think a bear hunter does after he shoots something. Lets say its a medium size 300 pounder. Then you are going to take that home with you? REALLY? That sounds logical? well gee roy we gotta carry this 300lb bear 2 miles to the truck.... that sounds like a lot of work............. I dont doubt there are people that do that. I live in ca i see people doing some pretty stupid ****.

When the animal goes down it goes something like this and this remains the same if its a deer hog or bear. So I'm usually in the back country on foot if I'm further then 100 yards from the truck I usually still do it this way tho. It hits the ground I get on the radio to whoever I'm hunting with give em my gps location and tell em to come help me pack it out. I through the animal on its back skin front side then use the skin as a blanket to keep the meat clean. Then I cut the meat off. I load it in a trash bag then into my back pack then load up my buddies pack. Then we take the skull (to present to DFG and have them pull a tooth) and the cape/fur if its worth saving we carry that by hand. It all goes down in about 1.5 hrs (it blows my mind some people spend that long just dragging the animal the last 200 yards to the truck). Then once i'm home its vaccum sealed and thrown in the freezer. Thats about it. Theres no Crains or special equipment to move such a large animal that I've ever used or seen used. Personally I would probably move that 300lb bear about 20 ft and give up. That would be a lot of work....

I dont really feel like addressing the whole ''why didnt you grab the little one'' again again (thats once again the problem with this thread/way of forum layout. no i dont have a better suggestion). In short. I just dont know. No excuses here. I just wanted to get out of there.

Julio, no i do not worry about being prosecuted for this. There is a lot of people out there who TELL ME I should be and theres others who have said I'm ''shakin in my boots'' about the whole thing. Thats not the case. Yes something terrible has happened. I'm not making light of the situation BUT really.... I've seen the justice system and how it really works... This would be ruled as nothing more then a hunting accident. People get killed every year in CA while deer hunting with their best friend because somebody took a stupid shot they shouldnt have. Nothing ever happens to the best friend. In fact last week a few hours from my house 2 brothers were deer hunting. one heard a noise turned and shot into the bush and killed his brother. Terrible story. Its simply a another hunting accident. In the real world I do not believe anyone will stand trail for killing an imaginary creature....

Jerry, My hounds name is Cammi. She is a black and tan blood hound and yes she has tracked and hunted bears. That part of her life is over with due to my wife. She was always afraid cammi would come back missing a face or not come back at all. which obviously happens from time to time. now she just sleeps in bed with us and spends her days chasing squirrels in the back yard. That breed is very popular in russia for fox hunting. I believe they call them ''fox hound'' out there. They are all around good hunting dogs..... but they dont always come back when you call them.. like any hound. Randles knew of the blood hound but was more going for a summary of the story. Many details were left out. It would take a whole book to write them all like slim said.....

Arizonabigfoot. Great post. Well thought out. I like your line of thinking.

• Upvote 1

Oh, I finally understand how this all went down now. Good luck with your book sales. Nice story for real.

It is clear how important it is for you to make your contempt of all things Bigfoot known, no matter what time of night. You have no interest in the animal, or any observable curiosity in the unknown. Your interest lies squarely in spending large amounts of time being snarky to those who do, knowing that your snarkiness is untouchable in any debate or discussion because â€the population of BF is zeroâ€.

Congratulations. This is an EXCELLENT use of your time.

It is clear how important it is for you to make your contempt of all things Bigfoot known, no matter what time of night. You have no interest in the animal, or any observable curiosity in the unknown. Your interest lies squarely in spending large amounts of time being snarky to those who do, knowing that your snarkiness is untouchable in any debate or discussion because â€the population of BF is zeroâ€.

Congratulations. This is an EXCELLENT use of your time.

No honestly I didn't really understand the motive yet with this one. Maybe I'm wrong. I like the story though. I think southernyahoo and I should discuss our DNA stuff in the proper thread though since its not really "sierra kills" stuff. If you find my replies snarky - they are not meant as such but more just imagine me speaking in a really calm every day voice just like if we were having a conversation at a lunch. Sometimes humor and sarcasm fail on the internet. Anyhow, I had an aha moment that is all.

Also to say that â€the population of BF is zero†as you stated may be likely, but if one ever shows up I'll be happy as anyone to see that.

edited to add: I wanted to also say - some people like to take a more serious look at presented evidence or stories that claim evidence. I like to deal with specific claims and some people enjoy the more romantic side of the bigfoot subject. Just because I take a hard line towards claims sometimes (note mostly when due) it's because I've witnessed many things like this blow up in the face of the very people that supported it. I may believe that there is no bigfoot, but it doesnt mean I don't want there to be. It also doesn't mean I couldn't accept it if someone brings one forth. I'm just sort of over most of the "we have a piece of something" or "possible something" or "unidentified something". You know what I mean? and if not, give it a couple more years.

If you're trying to say bigfoot is more like pro wrestling - I never was a fan. I'm a more of a UFC fan. :)

Edited by 127

SSR Team

Man Roger Patterson was on TV within weeks of his filming at Bluff Creek! I'd like to know how much $$$ is happening during this "development" period. I wonder if there is a plan to build this thing up over time then getting someone to commit sight unseen to paying out a sizable sum for the rights to take it go public even if it's a bust.

Like Patterson & the Millions i'm sure he made Crow ?? :rolleyes: