Jump to content
Explorer

Colorado Ranch owner and big game outfitter claims to have BFs on his property

Recommended Posts

7.62
BFF Donor
29 minutes ago, Airdale said:

 

I'm thinking you meant to say a 30' tall steel pole? Even at that length, it would need to be thick steel and sunk into the ground at least six to eight feet with concrete poured around it. It's a great concept however, and if properly executed should either obtain the desired photos/video or act as a serious deterrent to activity. It would also need to be placed far enough from trees or existing structures to prevent a Bigfoot jumping from high enough to hit it far enough up to bend it over.

Or he could just mount a few  on his roof . I imaging a 8,500 sq foot home he owns is not a ranch home  as in 1 level.

Edited by 7.62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Explorer
BFF Donor
39 minutes ago, Airdale said:

 

I'm thinking you meant to say a 30' tall steel pole? Even at that length, it would need to be thick steel and sunk into the ground at least six to eight feet with concrete poured around it. It's a great concept however, and if properly executed should either obtain the desired photos/video or act as a serious deterrent to activity. It would also need to be placed far enough from trees or existing structures to prevent a Bigfoot jumping from high enough to hit it far enough up to bend it over.

 

 

Airdale,

 

I really meant 300 ft (maybe an engineering feat for a tall pole?) but some trees here in CA are that tall (and when I hike among them I can't see what is on top).

However, it could be any height that is deemed high enough that nothing will get to it.

At 30 ft, maybe a BF can throw a rock and destroy the camera setup.

How high can a BF throw a rock?

 

I did not spend any time thinking about the engineering or how to build such a contraption, since I was just brainstorming.

I just like the idea of camera being really high and not accessible or visible by anybody down below (yet easy to maintain via some robotic annular ring).

 

11 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Or he could just mount a few  on his roof . I imaging a 8,500 sq foot home he owns is not a ranch home  as in 1 level.

 

 

7.62,

 

The 8,500 ft was the elevation where the ranch sits and not the square footage. 

Just wanted to clarify.

 

I was looking at my topo maps for that area, and indeed that county sits high and it encompasses the southern end of the Sangre de Cristo Range in CO.

 

BTW, I am assuming that the ranch is in Huerfano County (the owner did not say).  All he said in the YouTube interview was that the ranch was in Cucharas, CO.

 

Edited by Explorer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
BFF Donor

Gotcha 

I misunderstood 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

 

What I'm wondering is if the client was standing still and a rock estimated at 70-90 lbs. came flying towards him and landed 1.5 inches from his foot. Did the client not see the rock until it was too late to move?

If that was me standing there, I would have moved out of the way if I saw a 70-90 lb. rock coming right towards me.

 

The Bear Boards incident Explorer mentioned above sounds somewhat similar to the Snelgrove Lake, Ontario incident, where they had some damage done to the cabin so they placed a board with nails on it on the ground near the cabin. Something did step on it.

I  should have listened to the interview . He did say they both watched it come over from the timber . So maybe what I'm guessing is once they caught sight of it clearing the timber

there was only 1 or 2 seconds  to react . I don't think he means they were watching the rock travel 47 yards .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VAfooter
Moderator

At 300 feet one would need a red or white strobe at the top to avoid aircraft collisions. That probably creates a flight hazard and would be very difficult to get FAA approval for, especially if there is any type of runway in the area.  Plus, I think that this will need a tower as a pole will probably not work very well, especially in strong winds. So that adds to the cost.

 

According to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) tower lighting requirements, all structures exceeding 200 feet above ground level (AGL) must be appropriately marked with tower lights or tower paint.

 

 

https://www.flashtechnology.com/faa-lighting-requirements/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
BFF Donor
7 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

At 300 feet one would need a red or white strobe at the top to avoid aircraft collisions. That probably creates a flight hazard and would be very difficult to get FAA approval for, especially if there is any type of runway in the area.  Plus, I think that this will need a tower as a pole will probably not work very well, especially in strong winds. So that adds to the cost.

 

According to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) tower lighting requirements, all structures exceeding 200 feet above ground level (AGL) must be appropriately marked with tower lights or tower paint.

 

 

https://www.flashtechnology.com/faa-lighting-requirements/

Here's an 80 foot one only $10,000  installation not included .

 

Your price : $10491.65

What To Expect After Check Out

After check out, you will receive an email with easy to follow installation PDF and other resources to make the installation process a breeze. Contact us at any time with your questions.

 

 

 

 

http://flagpoletool.colonialflagdesign.com/

 

:thumbsup:

Edited by 7.62

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VAfooter
Moderator

Tallest flagpole in the world - 170 meters:

 

 

250px-Jeddah_Fahne.jpg.622e010cc459d24e311550ea567f8c4b.jpg

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeddah_Flagpole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
BFF Patron

The one thing I see from everyone's response is that no one is saying " why the creature threw this large rock at them from below ".  Now that that takes a lot of power to throw a large rocks that weighs between 70 - 90 lbs up  a slope  and to have it miss these hunters.  But we should be asking our selves why it did this act. All the events started after this this hunt if we all go back and really study it. It all started when these two were hunting this herd of elk.  It was on this particular area of where this herd of elk was spotted that this event took place. It was at a point when the hunter was going to take a shot at a bull when this rock landed. It was also at this point when this client seen some thing that scared him so badly that he no longer wanted to come back and hunt this ranch again. 

 

So why can we not break down the events to what have lead up to where it is at now. It seems like everything started with that one client and from there it just went further with more strange encounters. Like with the chickens that went missing as well as the goat. There is no mention of the chickens or the goat being killed on the spot. So that only leads to two things and that is them being carried off which means they grabbed 55 chickens in a single night plus the goat.  Now I am not sure about that since chickens are not easy to catch even if they are penned upped. The only one that could have been carried out of there would the goat. So the Chickens must have been herded out which is the second choice.  The chickens were free roaming so they were already use to the land and capable of being herded. So these chickens were herded out to a different area and dispatch and eaten in another area. So if this is what happen ( again I am speculating ) then they ( the creatures ) have been watching this ranch for some time.

 

How is this for some answers . Since this ranch was being used as a guide service for hunting and clients were paying to hunt on this ranch . What would this rancher do with the left over scraps of all the kills .  Is it possible that these creatures were feeding off these scraps.  It almost seems like these creatures were upset that this rancher might have stop guiding .  Almost seems like they needed him to keep hunting so that they could feed.  There main concern was food and that is what they were going after. They were going hungry. So they were taking chances to get what they needed. This must mean game must be scarce and when they started hunting that herd of elk they were encroaching on their game.

 

Why else would they or it have thrown that rock  up hill . It was only doing what any creature or even humans would do if the game is no longer like it once was. It is going to protect  it's food source until it finds another food source to survive. The same will go with water.  They will do what ever it takes to survive. Just like what we will do . 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OkieFoot
BFF Donor
14 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I  should have listened to the interview . He did say they both watched it come over from the timber . So maybe what I'm guessing is once they caught sight of it clearing the timber

there was only 1 or 2 seconds  to react . I don't think he means they were watching the rock travel 47 yards .

 

I would bet you're right. For the rock to be headed right towards the man and land only 1.5 inches from his foot, it makes sense once they caught sight of the rock they had almost no time to react. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
BFF Patron
21 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

What I'm wondering is if the client was standing still and a rock estimated at 70-90 lbs. came flying towards him and landed 1.5 inches from his foot. Did the client not see the rock until it was too late to move?

If that was me standing there, I would have moved out of the way if I saw a 70-90 lb. rock coming right towards me.

The client must have been glassing down at the dark timber down below when the rock landed next to him.  What maybe happen was that the client was scoping and this creature happen to see this. Now I am speculating on what might have occurred but it does seem feasible . After all this client has been hunting on this ranch for at least the past twelve years so is familiar with elk herds movements .  This client is a trophy hunter and understands what he is looking for . So scoping that hard timber might have not been a bad spot to scope for bedding. .. Again I am speculating since I am not a elk hunter . But if it was deer I guess I would be doing the same thing looking at those low places for movement. Again if this creature really wanted this hunter dead he would be dead and not be walking off that ridge.

 

So he must have got a good look at this creature that threw this rock.   A real close look and it really freaked him out that he just gave up hunting in that area or even just gave up hunting completely. There must have been a reaction that it wanted from that hunter and it got it. The same goes with the ranch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

The client must have been glassing down at the dark timber down below when the rock landed next to him.  What maybe happen was that the client was scoping and this creature happen to see this. Now I am speculating on what might have occurred but it does seem feasible . After all this client has been hunting on this ranch for at least the past twelve years so is familiar with elk herds movements .  This client is a trophy hunter and understands what he is looking for . So scoping that hard timber might have not been a bad spot to scope for bedding. .. Again I am speculating since I am not a elk hunter . But if it was deer I guess I would be doing the same thing looking at those low places for movement. Again if this creature really wanted this hunter dead he would be dead and not be walking off that ridge.

 

So he must have got a good look at this creature that threw this rock.   A real close look and it really freaked him out that he just gave up hunting in that area or even just gave up hunting completely. There must have been a reaction that it wanted from that hunter and it got it. The same goes with the ranch.  

If these events are true and happened as the guide said it sounds to me it tried to kill them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
BFF Patron

@7.62

You know what my argument is going to be , Right ! .If these events are true then why is this guide still alive today. Why after that incident was he still guiding other clients and only had minor issues. Why did he have a family as a client to hunt elk and no incident of this kind took place . The only incident was those thighs that were taken and the elk in the tree with it's legs tied like it was meant to be carried like a back pack.  If this client that had this rock thrown at him was going to die that day. Then you would think that this creature would chase them both down. But there is no mention of neither one of them being chased out of there. The only mention was of the client wanting off that mountain and by off that mountain . The client meant by hopping on a plane and just leaving that ranch and forgetting about the rest of the hunt.  What does that say to you about this creature intentions. It did not want to kill them but to get them off that mountain.  Like I have said it could have easily have chased them down. As we found out in the interview by the rancher that these creatures do not travel alone. 

 

I have learned this my self and have experienced it as well. What makes it clear is how clear their yardage was from where this large rock was thrown from. This tell me that they must have just done some range checks. How else could they have known the yardage of that tree line from where they were.  Again we have no idea on how they were hunting and as far as I am concern the client could have been bow hunting. So I really do not believe that the creature was trying to kill them but giving them a warning. A do not tread on me signal to them. How many times has this happen to others who have had rocks thrown at them but have not been hit. Look at how close those rocks have come to them. Heck my son has been hit with small pebbles in the winter time when he was younger helping me place my stands. My ground blind has been hit with things only so that I be drawn out of the blind. It is all in the details. .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7.62
BFF Donor

I have to disagree with it's intentions on just scaring them . Again all we have to go on is his word  with no way to really verify it but this was lethal .

I know they have been known to throw pebbles and small stones but a rock the size of a bowling ball landing inches away ...

I'll give you this that maybe the creatures misjudged the distance and made an error in getting this close to them .

That's the only way I would agree it was only trying to scare them . If that didn't happen it was a lethal attempt that failed .

 

As to why it didn't chase them off the mountain . If they are staying there they see how those bang sticks tear the flesh off of elk .

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
BFF Patron

They do not miss and will hit their intended target.  If they were baseball players they be the best pitchers any team would ever want to have.  The same would be with outfielders. They just wanted them off that mountain at that time.  The guide kept giving guided hunts with other incidents and yet he is still alive. So there was no intentions of bringing harm to these hunters.  As we can see by the other guided hunts that he guided. We can argue this over and over and yet there will be no winner on who is right. But we have history of these creatures behavior and there has only been very few intentional kills done by these creatures. Those intentional kills have all been hear say.  Even 411 cannot even prove if these creatures are what are the cause of the missing.  So I can not agree that this was a lethal intention. All I can say is that it scared the crap out of a seasoned hunter who has hunted big game all over the world who has payed big money. It scared him enough to not come back and take a trophy like a bigfoot which would have brought him fame and fortune. 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twist
2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

They do not miss and will hit their intended target.  If they were baseball players they be the best pitchers any team would ever want to have

 

I do not subscribe to this idea that BF is infallible, to do so is making BF out to be a monster akin to the ninja of the woods ideology.    We need to get away from that way of thinking because it only serves as a means to explain why we cannot find one.   

 

 

I do agree however that if a rock was thrown in this manner from a bigfoot it would be a sign of "get away from me." Death or not, it wanted to send a message and retreat to safety most likely.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...