Colorado Ranch owner and big game outfitter claims to have BFs on his property

Explorer

Check out the feet of birds. Lots of articles about blood circulation in their feet. Since Sasquatch are of a higher order, I would assign them conscious control of blood flow.  They live in  4 season environments and have a hair covering. 

The next scenario at the ranch is to have 'pay to hunt Sasquatch' trips. A guide would be optional.

The balloon approach is interesting. A lot of helium would be required for 3 reasons:  

1) filling balloon for mission

2) helium leakage

3) helium squeaky talk

• Haha 1

Admin
5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Continuous recording would bring up the image storage limitation issue.    High res video really fills up digital storage fast.

Right, but if you can transmit the video to your home computer, it can be stored there. Looking online I found that one can fit anywhere from 500 to 700 hours of HD video on a 1Tb drive. That works out to be roughly 21-30 days of video per Tb of storage. I would think that is probably sufficient since you can delete video once it can be reviewed/checked. I have a 3Tb drive on my machine so they are affordable and available (~ three months of video). The hard thing would be looking through all that video for the interesting stuff...

• Upvote 1

^^

Or,  we can use software that detects motion, moves the camera automatically to follow the target, and sends a warning to the user (via email) like the one used by the UFODAP team (see links below).

While this application was developed to search the sky for anomalies, it could be adapted/modified for targets moving on a landscape with numerous filters to get  the desired signal.

Probably don't need to be as complex software for tracking wildlife than for tracking airplanes/UFOs, but it could all be automated so that user just needs to review what was detected as a signal.

Edited by Explorer

1 hour ago, Catmandoo said:

The next scenario at the ranch is to have 'pay to hunt Sasquatch' trips. A guide would be optional.

The balloon approach is interesting. A lot of helium would be required for 3 reasons:  

1) filling balloon for mission

2) helium leakage

3) helium squeaky talk

If that's true...I hope some serious folks decide to give it a shot. A 12 footer would have to be fairly old...or maybe an alpha male...but hope for old and hope for the best. 

Admin

Not sure how well motion activated sensors would work hanging from a balloon. Maybe IR sensors would be better?

That system is not for a balloon but for a stable on-land setup.  Thus, my initial interest in putting the monitoring cameras on a pole.

Nonetheless, the idea of using software to stabilize the video, analyze it and fully automate the search could still be a possibility on a balloon, drone, or blimp. 

The idea is to automate the search and not spend hours every day looking at video.

BFF Patron

Having been a fireman at one point most are not likely to know that a tall pole or unsupported ladder have a lot of sway.     The taller it is  the more sway you get from wind etc.      So even a pole mounted camera needs stabilization.   A 100 foot ladder moves around over a foot at the top end.   As I have aged I have gotten more and more afraid of heights.     I could not climb a 100 foot ladder now, but strangely my mind is not afraid of height in an airplane.  

15 hours ago, NatFoot said:

This thread had a lot of potential....it didn't realize it.

It's not to late to save it.

Bring it home for us, my man...

Since the Cuchara Ranch owner (Mike) mentioned that he has been consulting with Scott Carpenter, I was curious on what Scott Carpenter believes and went to check on his blog.

I am not familiar with Scott's work since I have not read any of his 4 books on the Sasquatch topic nor do I watch his YouTube channel.  However, I was aware of him via articles and some internet radio interviews.

Last year Scott started a new website titled the Sasquatch Awareness Project with a mission to increase awareness of their presence and to help people who have encounters (see link below with mission statement).

https://sasawareproject.blogspot.com/p/mission-statment.html

Of interest, is the section in the blog where he offers advice on unwanted residential visits (see link below).

He offers the Game Camera fence idea, which is a good idea and relatively inexpensive.

https://sasawareproject.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

However, further down below in the blog he writes, 

"I have had a few cases where the conventional methods of deterring the Sasquatch do not work. They destroyed or disabled the cameras, broke the motion sensor lights, etc. One must understand there is a spiritual aspect to the Sasquatch. Most Sasquatch are associated with satanic forces, demonic and paranormal activity. I have had reports of odd paranormal activity in conjunction with the Sasquatch activity."

I can't quote further from the blog because it will be a violation of BFF rules on avoiding religious topics.  Nonetheless, I encourage you to read that section and understand the POV and belief of Scott Carpenter on the subject.

Not sure what the ranch owner will do with this information, but based on the interview, he gave me the impression that he believed theses creatures were F&B and had no paranormal abilities.

At ~49 min he says that he appreciates and respects the information from Scott, but that he does not believe some of his ideas (specially any claims on shape-shifting). He says that he implemented some of the ideas from Scott and that they worked and eased the threat (he did not provide details).

Wonder what advice Steve Isdahl and David Paulides are giving him?

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I don't know alot about Scott other than he was team Paulides and Bobby Short early on with emphasis on East Tennessee/Smokies.  I was not aware of his leaning toward the demonic influence end of things.  I am not going to disagree as I feel like it is a natural culmination of the research that many people seem to acknowledge if not angelic or EBE.  

• Upvote 1

I am very familiar with Scott, as he operates just north of us.  My partner chats with him a bit on social media regularly.

What you have to understand is that the Bigfoot activity in this region seems to go hand in hand with a lot of other strange phenomena that could be ruled paranormal or supernatural.  Strange lights, strange figures, equipment malfunctions, sudden bouts of confusion and nausea, voices that show up on audio that were not apparent in person...all of this happens in the areas where there are reported sightings.  Areas where we find prints, find hairs, and hear calls.  

Scott approaches Bigfoot from a Christian perspective, so he operates off of the presumption that these creatures are the cause of all of this strange activity.  Therefore, they must be demonic.  We experience a lot of the same things that he does, however I believe that Bigfoot is a flesh and blood creature that just happens to frequent areas were this other separate activity occurs.  Whether Bigfoot is drawn to areas with this sort of activity for some reason, the activity is drawn towards Bigfoot, or they are both separately drawn to these areas for individual reasons....I have no clue.  But, I can't deny that strange things happen in the area surrounding the Smokey Mountains.

As far as I know, Scott has stopped any active field research because of what he sees as the fundamental danger associated with these creatures. He instead focuses on assisting other people who find themselves experiencing these beings. He is a very nice guy, but is convinced of the Bigfoot/Nephilim connection.  That definitely puts some people off.

4 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
Fixed accidental self quote

For an inexpensive way to add cameras to the eaves of your home, or anywhere within a reasonable distance of a wifi connection, he could try these: https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Ring-Stick-Up-Cam-Battery-HD-security-camera-with-two-way-talk-Works-with-Alexa-/dp/B07Q6ZZFLS/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2LQS4KGBBLJUV&keywords=ring+drop+cam&qid=1581619391&sprefix=Ring+drop%2Caps%2C178&sr=8-4

I have 3 of them mounted in various positions on the outside of my home. They would be easy to hide as they are quite small and there are no electrical wires needed. The batteries are rechargeable and last for several months even in MN winter weather. The video is stored in a cloud so there is no SD card that is inside the camera. They are activated by motion which can be adjusted for sensitivity and zones (area covered). You can even program them to start recording when one is activated so if something knocks out one camera the others could catch what did it.

I get a notification on my cell phone or ipad whenever something triggers one of the cameras and it tells me which camera was triggered so I can do a live view to see if it is still there. I check the activity from my cell phone and it is stored until I delete it. I can be anywhere there is cell phone service and I will get the notification. I have a lot of coyotes and fox roaming through my yard and like to know when they are around. The cameras were only about $250 for the package of 3 at Costco. Just a thought if he has a lot of activity around his home and has a yard light he could get some very clear footage.

I forgot to add, if the camera is mounted in an inconvenient out of reach place there is a small solar attachment that will charge the battery.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic