Weapon Of Choice

Rod

My current favorite cutting device.... KaBar Baconmaker

Baconmaker_zps9cc7bb4d.jpg

My .40 cal, the bayonette is a novelty item....not exactly practical...lol

SW40_zps13b627cc.jpg

Here is my Remington 870...nothing too special but it is a favorite of mine.

Rem870_zps517e240d.jpg

Edited by Hx22826

Guest Darrell

One of my favoirite all time pistols is my well used Kimber Pro Carry in 45 ACP. 

kCxXV78l.jpg

To be honest, I carry this little rascal with me more than I admit. S&W 317 Airlite. loaded with 8 rds of 22 lr it weight about 16 oz.

W403Yl.jpg

Edited by Darrell

Darrell

I like your cutlery, I developed a fetish, as my wife calls it, for all things sharp a few years ago. I tell her if it cuts or shoots it would be a perfect gift for me.

I agree with Ace......

And war hammer goes with me every where.

I agree with Ace......

And war hammer goes with me every where.

This has been my best buddy for many years, and I just call it 'Old Reliable'. It's a Winchester 'Defender' with pistol grips in 12 gauge. Shoots the 3" shells too, with 6 of those in the magazine or 7 of the shorter ones. This is not a hunting gun, just something for protection in certain areas, and always take it camping. The shoulder strap is bungee type, hangs nicely by my side, and with just a slight butt twist, it's in my hands ready to rock. This is a 'shoot from the hip' weapon, I had to practice many years to get good shooting this way, but is totally natural to me, and just like the old Redford movie...."can I move now". Plus I really like the many different type of shells/loads that you can use, including all the non-lethal stuff out there. 

post-193-0-19491700-1378480682_thumb.jpg

Guest Darrell

Well, since we are also taking blades in this thread, here are some of my EDC blades:

YDbz7L4l.jpg

And since I live rather close to the Buck Knives factory, here are some nice Buck field blades:

8Mpru7jl.jpg

Happy Friday morning!!

When i lived in maryland, i couldnt carry a firearm unless you were hunting or on private property.

Here in Arkansas, we can open carry without a permit.

We have some aggressive black bears (which are responsible for more bear attacks, by species, than any other bears. Makes sense, there are more black bears than any other bear).

We also have large cats, bobcats and cougars.

I carry on my hip, a 2" barrel .357 mag. I'm confident with it, can put a good group at 25 yrds. I use soft points, for the mass, for deeper penetration. I've heard horror stories about hollow points bouncing off skulls.

When being confronted by an animal, a quick disruption of the central nervous system is what you want.

For a rifle, i like my mauser chambered in 7.62 (308 Win) with soft point ammo.

I hang a 7" blade Green River hunter knife. A really good high carbon blade !!

Some of the Old Boar bears get ovet 500 lbs of grumpy, and the brush is thick where i go. A quick response holster is a MUST !!

Edited by Quiyoughsughs

Ok, from left to right, Ruger .45LC Bisley with 360gr WFNGC @1050 fps, Ruger Single-Ten .22lr, Browning M71 .50 Alaskan with 450gr Barnes @ 2100fps, Marlin 336 30-30.  When I'm in the woods I carry the .45 Colt with hard cast bullets.  I hunt with the Alaskan for giggles. 

post-2305-0-03887700-1378851090_thumb.jp

there is too much cross over with my Ruger GSR and I think the GSR is a better platform. Id like to see Marlin do a Guide Gun in 500 S&W. You could get better performance and at least 3 more rounds in the magazine.