Weapon Of Choice

Rod

Norse,, that's interesting. I've a Marlin in .44mag that would serve admirably. I was an early proponent of the scout rifle concept. I've a fine example I had made 15 years ago, a Remington 600 in .308Win.

I inherited my fathers model 88 Winchester which fit Coopers vision I think. My dad bought it in 1958.

My one brother had a model 88 rechambered to 338 federal with an 18 1/2 inch barrel

I prefer my Remington 600 over my winchester 88 for Bush hunting

I prefer the shorter overall length of the Remington

if I had the money I would turn my 88 into a carbine

my one brother has at least 1 of each of the model 88 and 100 rifle/carbine calibers that they were produced

I really like his custom federal 338 model 88

My favorite thick bush deer rifle is my little Marlin 44 magnum

up north in thicker stuff my 450 Marlin is preferred over my win model 70 in 338 win mag

I would love to try a Marlin 338, but as much as I think it would be a winner I don't think it will be around for long

I bought my 450 Marlin because I wanted a winchester model 94 Timber, if I was buying a Marlin it would be 45/70 not 450 Marlin

Gotcha the 88 is too long in factory form.

I like Marlin recievers better than Winchester. Much easier to mount optics.

I understand that. My model 94 has a side mounted scope because of the top ejection. Really limits my Iron sights.

I don't like scopes on traditional lever actions

HOWEVER

my eyes are getting tired so that may change

Not sure if that is true with angle eject, but it is definitely true of the older top ejects

in traditional lever actions I have 2 Marlins, 1 Winchester and 1 Rossi

Edited by MagniAesir

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/U349998050

I bought five of these. They did not come with any hard ware. So I emailed XS and asked them about hardware. Their response let me know that i had opened a can or worms. I have to drill and tap two holes on the reciever and epoxy bed it to the barrel. Winchester 94.

My Marlin mounts with just one pillar and some screws, and its a full size rail.

Im just going to go get another Marlin.

So older ones I guess since the link states 94ae

my 94 timber is angle eject, however I like the ghost ring sight on it

I am thinking of finding a flashlight mount for it though

Mine has a weaver side mount on it. Works good. Though hate that I have to turn the scope so the rounds will eject. Still my .30-30 is my favourite of my rifles. Oddly enough one of the .303's I have has a similar mount on it. That just seems dumb to me as a Lee Enfield can have a top mount attached no need for a side mount.