Bigfoot & Native Americans...

Guest Bucket

I think you nailed it with that now bolded statement, drama sells!

Necro posting at its finest. After three years, resurrecting a post. The dead shall live!

Guest keninsc

+1 Ken. When this subject was discussed at the "other" place years ago, the naysayers attempted to trivialized it as usual only to have Native Americans, from many different tribes, come on there and affirm they do have stories and legends of such a creature. None written down, but orally passed down from generation to generation.

Oh I know and to be frank I'm offended by them doing so. It's like say those dumd old savages couldn't possibly have a clue as to what they saw. Now granted they do have to express themselves in the context of their time but that doesn't diminish what they have to say. It's as if I were in Germany and couldn't speak German. I'm not any less smart I simply can't communicate.

And yes I do have some NA from both sides of my family.

Guest WesT

Same here. People ask me all the time if I'm Greek or Italian,  LOL 

What we fail to wrap our noggin's around is that the NA's for some reason want to keep their oral tradition and don't want to write it all down for white man to pick apart. Surprise surprise.

Oh, the outcome of that debate was "see, there are no NA legends about a hairy forest creature" even after NA's posted to the contrary. The level of denial was astounding. The NA's who posted probably thought white man is as dumb as a tommyhawk after that.

One of the major factors in my ultimate decision that killing a UHS, whether it be for profit or for science was totally wrong, were communications with some of the tribal elders regarding the NA perspective.

IMO, are some groups attempts to apparently demonize UHS by portraying them as some sort of medieval monster more grounded in trying to justify a position than anything else?

• Upvote 2

Guest keninsc

Science would be best, but the potential for profit for a real Bigfoot is probably going to be too great unless the person or organization has plenty of money to begin with, however don't discount fame. I've seen people go crazy trying to get a little bit of fame. It's like a drug addiction really, and just about as sad to watch.

If bf is discovered and turns out to be human, Native Americans will go crazy.  How come WE can't live anywhere we want and hunt and fish any time of the year? Folks they scare will charge them with trespassing.  It won't be pretty for poor old sasquatch.

t.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Rules 2 A & 2 C; GG 7

Mod Statement:

Folks, let's keep the conversation apolitical in nature.

2. Content

B. Please do not post pictures or links of an adult or objectionable nature in any area of the Forum. Please keep the conversation away from topics that could be considered obscene or objectionable. While neither the CFZ or the management and moderators of the Bigfoot Forums would like to be seen as prudes, we have a strict policy regarding offensive material. It will not be tolerated in any areas of the Forum, including personal messages, chat, sig lines, avatars, or any other area associated with the Forum. Anything that is calculated to cause offense, or is reasonably sure to do so, will be subject to moderator action. There will be no exceptions.

Thanks for your cooperation,

See

Can anyone explain to me the dichotomy between tales of sassy and those of skinwalkers, thunderbirds, or wendigos? 

Guest WesT

If bf is discovered and turns out to be human, Native Americans will go crazy.  How come WE can't live anywhere we want and hunt and fish any time of the year? Folks they scare will charge them with trespassing.  It won't be pretty for poor old sasquatch.

t.

2 things come to mind here Terry. 1. if a frog had wings and 2. apples and oranges even if said frog did have wings.

Can anyone explain to me the dichotomy between tales of sassy and those of skinwalkers, thunderbirds, or wendigos? 

Very quickly you run into spiritual aspects of Native American culture which really can't be discussed here due to forum rules. Perhaps a discussion in the Premium section?

Bigfoot is an uncatalogued primate in North America that tends to be elusive and shy, with occasional aggression toward modern humans

Skinwalkers are more of a spiritual extension of Bigfoot as an attempt by early NA's to explain their elusiveness.

Wendigos are an uncatalogued primate in North America that tend to be elusive, shy, but very aggressive and typically a different color.  Could be a bigfoot that adapted to a different environment or niche.

Thunderbirds are an uncatalogued large bird that can be spotted anywhere from Alaska to Mexico depending on time of year and migration routes.

That help?

Actually, skinwalkers and wendigos have nothing to do with bigfoot except that some bigfooters have recently tried to make them out as bigfoot, as they do with many NA legends/myths.

• Upvote 2

So should witness reports of sassy, skinwalkers, wendigos, and thunderbirds carry the same weight or is there a hierarchy to which are more believable?