COVID-19 and BF

WSA

3 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Between 291,000 and 646,000 folks die from the seasonal flu every year as a matter of course, 2018 had 1.35 million die in traffic accidents, 2016 had 1.6 million die from diabetes but neither tanks the stock markets.......

Seasonal flu and motor vehicle deaths are every day events that can actualized, predicted, and invested reliably on. A novel viral pandemic, which has already seen major regional quarantines, travel restrictions, and shipping stoppages is an investment threat.......big time. With at least  three cruise ships quarantined, you can imagine what cruise line stocks are doing right now. The stock market shock is all about business flow. Quarantines, lots of sick workers, and a surge in dead workers can slow business activity dramatically.

It really isn't much of an unknown. We know business is going to suffer. Some more than others. For example, surgical mask manufacturers are probably seeing stock price surges.........

I am not convinced it is a real crisis. The people most vulnerable at risk seem to be the same ones affected by the flu. 

The very young and the elderly.CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 32 million flu illnesses, 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 deaths from flu. Interim estimates of 2019-2020 flu vaccine effectiveness were released last week. 

The latest numbers: The novel coronavirus has killed more than 3,000 people worldwide, the vast majority in mainland China. There have been more than 88,000 global cases, with infections on every continent except Antarctica.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Huntster said:

Seasonal flu and motor vehicle deaths are every day events that can actualized, predicted, and invested reliably on. A novel viral pandemic, which has already seen major regional quarantines, travel restrictions, and shipping stoppages is an investment threat.......big time. With at least  three cruise ships quarantined, you can imagine what cruise line stocks are doing right now. The stock market shock is all about business flow. Quarantines, lots of sick workers, and a surge in dead workers can slow business activity dramatically.

It really isn't much of an unknown. We know business is going to suffer. Some more than others. For example, surgical mask manufacturers are probably seeing stock price surges.........

Oh I get the "how it happens" in the economic arena,  It's the psyche's response to the "novel" element that I find interesting. And you are right, it's going to mean big money for some. Anheuser-Busch isn't one of them, they already lost 285 million from China sales in the first 2 months of 20. Maybe other factors involved but AB believes it's the virus. If i thought my death may be near at hand, I'd drink a better beer. 

24 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

If i thought my death may be near at hand, I'd drink a better beer.

:D A mindset that could spill over (pun intended) into other areas of, shall we say, interest?

Like a lot of what we don't know about BFs in general, this virus is also a black box. Therein lies the source of anxiety for  governments, health care workers and citizens. When you have a virus, or a variant of a virus, that humans have never seen before (which this is, by all predictions) you are rolling the pathological dice.  Could be the average human has enough defenses to shrug it off.  OTHOH, when a virus, any virus, becomes as widespread as this one apparently will be, the possibility of mutation becomes more likely as it spreads from host to host. You also have to consider that the immunological resistance of various populations across the globe is not identical. Some populations have the risk of a decreased ability to fight this bug. But, viruses don't want to kill their hosts too quickly of course...not a good survival strategy for it. The longer you linger, the longer it has the chance to replicate and spread.  A virus doesn't "need" you to die either. It isn't personal if you do though, it is just business.   

Although sasquatches could come in contact with surfaces that people have infected with COVID-19 and spread sasquatch to sasquatch, they will not have person to sasquatch contact, and unlike how modern human society is interconnected sasquatch groups may be more isolated from one another enough that a lot may not be exposed to it.  This was the case in centuries long ago when diseases would be confined more to regions.  Also if their rate of death is similar to the latest W H O estimate, 3.4% of those infected might die "if" they follow the same pattern.   So, I don't foresee COVID-19 having a major impact on sasquatch populations.  

On the human side of this virus that some are discussing, I saw a statistical analysis today saying that considering cases of the COVID-19 virus will likely double every 6 days in the U.S.,  and that 10% are serious enough to require hospitalization (in Italy 10% required ICU), all hospital beds in the United States will be full by May 8th (two months from now).  (This says nothing, of course, about whether these beds are suitable for isolation of patients with a highly infectious virus.)   If this analysis is correct the health care system will be overwhelmed.  Now,  If only 5% of cases require it, we can make it until ~May 14th. 2.5% gets us to May 20th.

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/all-hospital-beds-us-will-be-filled-coronavirus-patients-about-may-8th-according-analysis

10 hours ago, jayjeti said:

Also if their rate of death is similar to the latest W H O estimate, 3.4% of those infected might die "if" they follow the same pattern.   

That pattern includes the young and elderly. It may put a spin on finding a dead one in the sense that it may up the odds. The odds being an elderly dead one. How would one go about even knowing that harvesting a body part would be wise? Another point to make is If the population density is already low, then the creatures cannot afford to lose any females and definitely cannot afford to lose any young.

1560482154_BigfootMask.jpg.527dce9aee8f5e9bf5c3577edfc62e84.jpg

Edited by hiflier

Wild animals die a lot earlier than us humans. If we compare to bears that don't get medication or assistance  and end up dying sooner than they would have if they were under a veterinarians care. 

When I was young there wasn't any old Dogs out in our farming community but now we rush them to the animal hospital  and they seem to live a lot longer.

When you read Bigfoot reports you rarely see descriptions of old frail creatures.  I suspect the population is mostly made of fit healthy individuals.

We assume the population is scarce, remember what happens when you assume. Just because you don't see Cougars in your mountains doesn't mean they have low numbers.

If a Bigfoot contracts covid from us humans I think the population would do just fine and the ones that perished would be at the end of their life cycle anyway.

Interesting that the WHO estimate of a 3.4% death rate is half of what the current CDC US stats said for yesterday: 164 cases, 11 dead = 6.7%

Godspeed Sasquatch!

I think that one reason the U.S. death rate is so high is because the first several deaths came from a single old folks home in Washington state.

• Upvote 1

Y’all are assuming BF can even catch the COVID19.   Obviously based on our knowledge of BF (0%)  we have even less percent  chance it is even susceptible. Second of all, what BF’s are even in physical contact with a human carrying the Covid19??!

Wonders never cease to amaze who or what can come up with any scenario.  Goodness.   

5 hours ago, Huntster said:

I think that one reason the U.S. death rate is so high is because the first several deaths came from a single old folks home in Washington state.

Yep, they were hammered which I'm sure skewed the figures.

I would expect Covid 19 in an relatively isolated elderly community would skew the percentage toward the high side since that is the demographic most likely to have underlying health issues. And even though some may be quite healthy, there are those that are not and I'll bet it's more than 6%.

The nursing home victims in Kirkland, WA.,  had a party / celebration shortly before the deaths started. Lots of visitors, a band. One visitor has stated the get-together was a 'germ-fest' with so many people.

Some people are using masks. Where do you think the masks are made?

No hiding from a bio-weapon.

• gigantor locked this topic