COVID-19 and BF

WSA

On 3/13/2020 at 4:30 PM, Catmandoo said:

........Dr. Catmandoo says drink Everclear / moon shine............pathogens will not recognize your body as a host.  And what about a shot of Tabasco Sauce everyday? The Tabasco Sauce crowd claims that they don't get sick.........

I just mixed up a quart of my special salsa and soaked my scrambled egg breakfast in it. I drank Everclear last night until I blacked out. 

I really don't feel very good today..........:blink:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Huntster said:

I just mixed up a quart of my special salsa and soaked my scrambled egg breakfast in it. I drank Everclear last night until I blacked out. 

I really don't feel very good today..........:blink:

Appears that you are self-greening for  St. Patricks Day.

I'm already turning orange again to match my Commander in Chief. I guess I need to get more Everclear for tomorrow night.........

BFF Patron

I made a booze run yesterday thinking that with rubber gloves I would be fine.      Then I got my protocols all messed up and contaminated myself without thinking.      I told someone that if I did that in a chemical warfare environment they would have found me convulsing on the ground by now.   What a strange new world we live in!    I did notice that the beer and wine shelves in the supermarket were looking pretty bare.  One guy ahead of me in line had two cases of Apocalypse IPA.    How appropriate!   You think a tribe of bigfoot would take me in until this Covid 19 thing blows over?   They would probably insist on taking my temperature with a rectal thermometer.   

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Haha 2

BFF Patron

I checked with my local BF tribe and they said since I was over 70 I am supposed to be holed up in my house and they are not interested in hosting me.   Ordinarily they keep a guest for a few days to fatten them up for a formal dinner.   

Watching CNN the past two days, OMG the country is losing it's mind,  but the news is really doing a good job whipping this up into a frenzy by constantly changing what they are saying. I guess we are on our own. I still don't think it's going to get as bad as the picture they are painting. Now when they found that patient with Ebola in Texas, I got concerned. 

5 hours ago, CallyCat said:

Watching CNN the past two days, OMG the country is losing it's mind

No more than the rest of the world, I guess. Governments all over are following similar patterns. I mean since when have taxes been deferred for everyone without interest or penalties?

5 hours ago, CallyCat said:

I still don't think it's going to get as bad as the picture they are painting.

And I hope you're right.

On the reality-check side of things, keeping track of mortality rate vs. reported cases world-wide, it's not looking that rosy. 1-in-50 with a vaccine at least 5-6 months out if we're lucky. This thing is so fast how does any government get ahead of it? No effort will be perfect, but slowing, and hopefully interrupting transmission, seems to be the best current approach. It would appear we're in for a rough ride. But on the topic of this thread?

social.jpg.df2cab91014f9feada8e09137c2131a3.jpg

• Upvote 2

@hiflier

Yes, you have that right . They are the champion of social distancing by far.

A thought just came to me that could be very beneficial to field researchers since the best thing anyone can do for themselves looks to be staying out of public places. I would think campgrounds, parks, state and national parks will be included in that. Well what if BF finds that they miss us being around? What if they sense a lack of pressure in their habitats due to our absence? Would they relax their vigilance enough and begin coming more out in the open and perhaps closer to us?

It may happen if much of the usual activities that Humans perform at the corporate, academic, touristic, sports, hunting and private levels taper off. Maybe a BF researcher could look at this overall scaling back as a possible opportunity for more encounters in the future? If there is a new generation of Sasquatches being born this year, along with any juvenile to very young creatures already around, then perhaps they will learn a more relaxed approach from parents no longer under environmental pressures. It could be the same as if researchers purposely got out of the wood to try and gain the same result.

The real difference is that researchers wouldn't have to worry about other factors driving Sasquatch to more remote locations trying to get away from large, loud operations. The risk of Human-caused wildfires may also be reduced. It doesn't take long for animals to repopulate an area after Human activity. Maybe even the OP nesting site may be left alone and repopulated with new nests created. Oh yes, this post may sound overly positive, but, if only one of these outcomes occur then it will be a good thing :) 

15 hours ago, hiflier said:

I would think campgrounds, parks, state and national parks will be included in that.

No. People are being encouraged to go hiking and visit national parks. I think all fees are even being waived to promote this. 

My wife and I are both working from home until further notice, and starting today will be working a hike into our lunchour as I am already getting cabin fever after only 3 days of working from home. 

I'll let you know how many bigfeets we see :)

Edited by dmaker

25 minutes ago, dmaker said:

No. People are being encouraged to go hiking and visit national parks. I think all fees are even being waived to promote this........

That may be true in Canada, but Alaska has taken a different tact. I'm sure the rest of the U.S. has (or will) follow suit. It is based upon two precedents: 

1) "Never let a crisis go to waste."

2) Government shutdowns created by budget battles have aggressively included even open area recreational facilities under government control that weren't even fenced previously. Such parks were even secured with temporary fencing during such shutdowns by contractors, at taxpayer expense, and during the shutdowns.

The interesting thing about the current crisis is the power of both fear and the government to even shut down private recreational facilities. In my area, both private gun ranges I utilize are currently closed by government edict.

What government has NOT done thus far, however, is close off access to private land holdings in the wilderness. If I so choose, I can still retreat to my private land, surrounded by government land, and live in a tent. But even that can be shut down. For example, in San Francisco, by law, you can only leave your home under certain circumstances. Going from one privately held property to another can still be done.........at least now.........

I'm a homebody so working from home doesn't bother me in the least. I even understand why we are in quarantine, but I do take issue with the way the news is handling all of this by contradicting themselves and even looking gleeful or panicked when they report the news.

So far 7 cases have rolled in at one of the smaller hospitals in my area, that means the larger facilities are probably seeing twice to three times that volume. It's starting to ramp up here in the southeast. I'm sure you've seen the posts on facebook about not taking ibuprofen while sick? That's not fake news, there is some indications from the research that it does worsen the virus so stick with tylenol. I have a pharmacist in the family and was told to buy extra tylenol because it's manufactured outside of the country and there maybe issues with the supply chain as a result of manufacturing delays related to the quarantine. 

41 minutes ago, Huntster said:

That may be true in Canada, but Alaska has taken a different tact. I'm sure the rest of the U.S. has (or will) follow suit. It is based upon two precedents: 

1) "Never let a crisis go to waste."

2) Government shutdowns created by budget battles have aggressively included even open area recreational facilities under government control that weren't even fenced previously. Such parks were even secured with temporary fencing during such shutdowns by contractors, at taxpayer expense, and during the shutdowns.

The interesting thing about the current crisis is the power of both fear and the government to even shut down private recreational facilities. In my area, both private gun ranges I utilize are currently closed by government edict.

What government has NOT done thus far, however, is close off access to private land holdings in the wilderness. If I so choose, I can still retreat to my private land, surrounded by government land, and live in a tent. But even that can be shut down. For example, in San Francisco, by law, you can only leave your home under certain circumstances. Going from one privately held property to another can still be done.........at least now.........

the same issue happened 1918 Spanish  flu outbreak.... Government lied and locked  ban everything.  the government then lied making the situation worst. By the time the SF hit the mid west it was barley even problem.

I do believe the self imposed quarantine is a good Idea. The president is willing to help out. But close of all private bars and restaurants  seems a little weird.  Here in Chicago our mayor and Governor are morons. 

CNN... cant take anything they say serious.... 

I have research everythiung they have put out, and it counters everything the CDC and Who has out there. 

• Haha 1

• gigantor locked this topic