Going to Gatlinburg, TN next week any good spots to Hunt BF?

Franco

4 hours ago, CaveMan said:

There has never been any credible evidence of a Bigfoot anywhere near Gatlinburg. Please bring it forth. You people think the animal is just camping out in your backyards. If it were just everywhere then there would have been a body by now. What other animal that large exists in every state in America? Just the one we can’t bring in? Come on you guys are smarter than that. Well maybe you aren’t and that’s part of the problem. 

Who here is claiming it resides in every state in America? Who here is claiming it’s just another animal?

And there is no “credible evidence” in Tennessee. Nor is there in Alaska, BC, Washington, Oregon or California. I was pretty skeptical about Eastern Bigfoot until I heard about the Dennis Martin case. At this stage of the game we cannot rule anything out. A South Dakota cougar was hit by a car in New Jersey a few years back. 

Is there suitable habitat in Appalachia for a Bigfoot? Yes or no.

And yes... we need a body.

37 minutes ago, CaveMan said:

The Dennis Martin case can’t be your evidence. 

Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking.

I said there is no extant evidence anywhere on the planet. I would argue that there are many candidates that fit the description that lay in the fossil record. But not in North America yet. The Denisovans were discovered from a mere pinkie bone. The only true evidence is physical evidence.

The Dennis Martin case while compelling is not evidence....but It’s as compelling as any 411 missing report anywhere on the planet.

Lets flesh out your position shall we? Does the beast exist? And if so? Where? What constitutes evidence in your eyes?

I do not understand the evangelical denier. All the trappings of a religion sans the deity. The most “logical” stance one could take is that of the militant agnostic—you don’t know and we don’t either.  The exception is for those who’ve SEEN the thing—they know SOMETHING is out there. Furthermore, the ONLY rational, sane approach is an investigative, open minded one. If beer and popcorn help achieve that, have at it man.

7 hours ago, CaveMan said:

But no nests in Gatlinburg huh? Try to stay on topic. 

IN Gatlinburg? Don't make me laugh (oopsie, too late). The thread topic is: "Going to Gatlinburg, TN next week any good spots to Hunt BF?" The thread topic isn't "are there Bigfoots IN Gatlinburg". The OP is looking for "any good spots,  which means YOU'RE off topic.

But to answer your question: Nests in Gatlinburg? Not likely. Because there's probably no Bigfoots in Gatlinburg to build them.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

IN Gatlinburg? Don't make me laugh (oopsie, too late). The thread topic is: "Going to Gatlinburg, TN next week any good spots to Hunt BF?" The thread topic isn't "are there Bigfoots IN Gatlinburg". The OP is looking for "any good spots,  which means YOU'RE off topic.

But to answer your question: Nests in Gatlinburg? Not likely. Because there's probably no Bigfoots in Gatlinburg to build them.

You’re trying too hard 

6 hours ago, norseman said:

Your reading comprehension seems to be lacking.

I said there is no extant evidence anywhere on the planet. I would argue that there are many candidates that fit the description that lay in the fossil record. But not in North America yet. The Denisovans were discovered from a mere pinkie bone. The only true evidence is physical evidence.

The Dennis Martin case while compelling is not evidence....but It’s as compelling as any 411 missing report anywhere on the planet.

Lets flesh out your position shall we? Does the beast exist? And if so? Where? What constitutes evidence in your eyes?

Yes. The Pacific Northwest primarily. Anything tangible that isn’t hoaxed. Look at some of the larger mammals on the scale of a Squatch. It’s a more confined Habitat. Unless you want to go down the path of different types. 

• Downvote 1

Whaddaya mean? I've always been a precise reader. For me, it's pure enjoyment. I've actually enjoyed our banter. Hope you feel the same :)

In truth, Grasshopper, your Forum Fu is pretty good, but it still needs work. Now go find me some Sasquatch hairs.

Edited by hiflier

6 minutes ago, CaveMan said:

Yes. The Pacific Northwest primarily. Anything tangible that isn’t hoaxed. Look at some of the larger mammals on the scale of a Squatch. It’s a more confined Habitat. Unless you want to go down the path of different types. 

Which I don’t. It’s hard enough to prove ONE unknown cryptid let alone many similar types. That’s a question we can ask after the discovery.

Parsing out your statement? Your saying that because other large mammals still exist in the Pac NW? That it’s prime Bigfoot habitat? What about Moose in Maine? Or the reintroduction of Elk to the great Smokey mountains? What about polar bears in Ontario? Caribou in Quebec?

Canada is a vast wilderness. And the US is connected to that wilderness by mountain ranges that serve as wilderness corridors south. And the Eastern US is more heavily timbered than the western US? Black bears are also prevalent in the East.

Whats not to like?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, norseman said:

Which I don’t. It’s hard enough to prove ONE unknown cryptid let alone many similar types. That’s a question we can ask after the discovery.

Parsing out your statement? Your saying that because other large mammals still exist in the Pac NW? That it’s prime Bigfoot habitat? What about Moose in Maine? Or the reintroduction of Elk to the great Smokey mountains? What about polar bears in Ontario? Caribou in Quebec?

Canada is a vast wilderness. And the US is connected to that wilderness by mountain ranges that serve as wilderness corridors south. And the Eastern US is more heavily timbered than the western US? Black bears are also prevalent in the East.

Whats not to like?

Well said.

56 minutes ago, CaveMan said:

What I gather then is that you do think Bigfoot exists and that it exists primarily in the PacNW. On the "anything that isn't hoaxed" part, what if trace evidence was such that all other animals, large or small, could be effectively ruled out? And what if that evidence was of a quality that Humans could also be ruled out? I mentioned the nest finds in the PacNW. And even though you kind panned me on the subject, I'd be curious how much you have looked at the discovery and perhaps what questions you may have had.

And I understand your position on Gatlinburg, but think from the G/E satellite map there is room to perhaps consider the possibility of the creature's existence there. I mean, stories are just stories and reports are just reports, but it's not like there aren't any witnesses to 'something' in that region. Nothing beats a body on a slab or irrefutable DNA of course, but, short of that, is it worth someone's time to look for any trace evidence that could back up the report record?

Edited by hiflier

On 7/31/2020 at 2:48 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

@Franco

How did the trip go?  

Any interesting findings?

Was awesome..... met alot BFer's all of them in the Moonshine distillers shops LOL.... TN is so beautiful

• Upvote 1