Going to Gatlinburg, TN next week any good spots to Hunt BF?

Franco

14 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Well, luckily you guys have no shortage of good habitat down there.

Yeah, this region caught me by surprise.  There is a lot more 'awareness' of the creature than what I expected.  Lots of 1st and close 2nd hand reports once you get people talking... especially in western North Carolina.

Admin
On 7/15/2020 at 3:49 PM, Franco said:

We are planning on going out to Smokey Mountain National Forrest and Nantahala National Forest.... Any goods spots to hunt the Big Guy?

I would go near the red dots.

smnf.jpg

2 hours ago, JKH said:

Here are a couple of interviews which I appreciated with a witness from eastern Tennessee. The BFs sound kinda mean there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wlYGzfzZcU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPdfOl-zHU8

Yeah.  Going by the accounts, the ones here are smaller than Patty and have rounder heads.  They are generally a lot more aggressive.  

And a compass compass to use with a map map? Not just phone apps? :) And may I add that if you're bushwhacking with your snake boots on ;) I find it easier to determine where I want to go on a MAP and then try to get there following the contour line on a topo. The result is a LOT less up and down hiking which takes time and energy. It's much quicker and easier bushwhacking along a level track even when needing to go around some obstacles. You can set the contour's elevation on a phone app as an aid to keeping close to a level route of travel. Works great for scouting toward a pond or other defined feature. 

The subject will never be taken seriously until you stop spreading this nonsense. No there are not any great apes in the eastern US. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

1 hour ago, CaveMan said:

The subject will never be taken seriously until you stop spreading this nonsense. No there are not any great apes in the eastern US. 

The subject will never be taken seriously until physical proof is collected. I don’t think it really matters where.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Hey, Caveman, how the heck did you end up with -22? ;) 

I would hazard a guess and say that his trolling is the cause.

He seems to take an abrasive tone in every thread that he joins.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CaveMan said:

Western US?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wonder got a story of a lady, from here daughter... In tazman, tn--- She was driving home from her store, came around a corner. She thought it was a bear on the road. When her headlights hit him. it stood up... The daughter told me, her mom said it had to be 10ft tall. it took off into the hills.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...