Do the police take squatch reports seriously?

DaleyWoodbeater

Admin

Even then, from what I have read, those LEOs who do speak about it to fellow officers are then ridiculed and teased, much like UFO/UAPs.

You're probably right. I sometimes wonder what border patrol remote location officers have seen and never made a reports about.

They are out using thermal and night vision a lot in those locations .

They absolutely are! IMHO, if any outfit were to know about them and how active they are it would be the Border Patrol. I also think Game Wardens have their fair share of sightings and evidence finds themselves. I have always said the level of surveillance these days almost guarantees knowledge of these creatures. They are simple too big to miss. As far as Border Patrol's responsibilities go, at what point does an illegal border crossing turn out to be by a non-Human biped and when does that determination result in calling off the chase? The criteria for that has to be an amazing revelation to the personnel on the US AND the Canada side sent out to apprehend the "intruders". I'll bet some of the inter-agency communications would be something pretty special to listen in on.

20 minutes ago, hiflier said:

They absolutely are! IMHO, if any outfit were to know about them and how active they are it would be the Border Patrol. I also think Game Wardens have their fair share of sightings and evidence finds themselves. I have always said the level of surveillance these days almost guarantees knowledge of these creatures. They are simple too big to miss. As far as Border Patrol's responsibilities go, at what point does an illegal border crossing turn out to be by a non-Human biped and when does that determination result in calling off the chase? The criteria for that has to be an amazing revelation to the personnel on the US AND the Canada side sent out to apprehend the "intruders". I'll bet some of the inter-agency communications would be something pretty special to listen in on.

I bet that's happened a lot more than we imagine . Cops are mostly there after something occurs but the border agents are on the ground and in the air using some of the best thermal and night vision made.  It's not like patrol cops , these guys job is to observe through these devices and they spend hours every night scanning  and moving from location to location.

Game wardens maybe   also but I don't think they even remotely spend the time  our border agents spend just searching and scanning with night vision and thermal .

This is why I'm so convinced our government knows about the existence of these creatures . It's pretty much impossible for them not to know.

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2018/07/border-patrol-agent-has-bigfoot.html#more

U.S. Border Patrol Agent's Bigfoot Story

Few places are more wild and eerie than the vast barren lands of the U.S./Mexico border. The California section of the border is a hotspot for the U.S. Border Patrol to find undocumented immigrants before they make their way into the county. Many of these folks find their way through the treacherous Otay Mountains, which lie just north of the border near San Diego CA. A spooky sighting from border patrol agent Rocky Elmore indicates that it is not only immigrants who frequent these mountains. Bigfoot may actually call this region home.

This harsh terrain has been the backdrop of many tales over the years, including crashed phantom pilots, faceless ghosts, and according to Agent Elmore, Sasquatch. After two decades of service along the border, Elmore thought he’d seen it all, which he details in his book ‘Out on Foot’. That changed the night that he came within close proximity to what he later came to find out was likely Bigfoot.

According to Elmore, he was hot on the trail of some immigrants along the Otay River. A thick, creeping fog settled in when he heard a heavy splash in the water. Although the fog prevented him from seeing who or what crashed into the water, he could sense something that was both large and frightening. A chill zapped down his spine as intense fear filled his body. He wasn’t alone in his terror; coyotes near the water ran past Elmore, retreating from whatever had suddenly made itself known in the black waters beyond the fog.

A colleague operating a thermal scope later confided in Elmore that he had seen a big, bipedal creature with an intense heat signature that appeared to be stalking two agents who were on foot. They never saw the creature, but they were given the order to abandon the area immediately once the scope operator observed the unknown creature, who he termed a large “predator,” noting that the creature had come within just a few steps of the pair of unsuspecting government workers.

This tale is among the most eerie Bigfoot sightings on record. What could have possibly created that enormous heat profile? This account just goes to show that wherever there are vast expanses of nearly uninhabited wilderness, there seem to always be wandering Sasquatch in the fog nearby.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Admin

I remember reading (sorry, I do not recall the source(s)) of a number of sightings by federal agents on the southern border. Interestingly, I do not recall any right off hand from the feds on the northern border, where one would think the terrain would be much more suitable for BF. Not sure if that is because of less surveilance, fewer agents, or what.

Much of the southern border is desert country, with visibility for miles, while the northern border is heavily forested for the most part, so field of view is yards, not miles. That would make a huge difference in sighting reports, even if the northern population is 10 or 20 times larger.

5 hours ago, BC witness said:

Much of the southern border is desert country, with visibility for miles, while the northern border is heavily forested for the most part, so field of view is yards, not miles. That would make a huge difference in sighting reports, even if the northern population is 10 or 20 times larger.

Another factor is there's not a whole lot of people trying to sneak into the US from Canada  :lol:so fewer agents looking for illegal border crossings 

4 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Another factor is there's not a whole lot of people trying to sneak into the US from Canada  :lol:so fewer agents looking for illegal border crossings 

Northern border[edit]

220px-USBP_snow_M14_2017.jpg

An agent armed with an M14 rifle tracking someone in harsh winter conditions on the northern border.
220px-Border_Patrol_at_Canadian_border_i

Border crossing to Canada at Beebe Plain, Vermont

Through agency whistleblowers, Agent Mark Hall and Agent Robert Lindemann, it was revealed that in 2001, the Border Patrol had approximately 324 agents assigned along the Canada–United States border.[21] Northern border staffing had been increased by 1,128 agents to 1,470 agents by the end of fiscal year 2008, and is projected to expand to 1,845 by the end of fiscal year 2009,

@7.62

The sneaking is going on in the S to N direction these days, with non-US refugees trying to cross into Canada from the US, and US citizens, who claim to be heading to Alaska, winding up in Canadian locations far off the direct route to Alaska, presumably because of our much lower covid infection rate, which is the whole reason the border is closed to casual travel right now!

• Like 1

SSR Team
On 7/23/2020 at 8:01 PM, Rod Hunter said:

Great to see a fellow Englishman on here :)

Have you had any sightings of your own? I'm really hoping to see one for myself so if you've any advice on hot spots etc. it'd be much appreciated!

There were reports of a sighting on the moors near me a couple of years ago and to be fair police did investigate the area (probably out of boredom, the rural beat is very quiet!)

They didn't see anything themselves but did find an old Argos carrier bag full of empty crisp packets etc. so blamed the sighting on a homeless person who probably left his litter behind. I'm convinced otherwise however as the guy who claimed to have seen something said it was at least 12 feet tall!!

You can find more if you look hard enough...;)

Spent some time down on the Arizona/Mexico border near Yuma earlier this year.  Doesn't seem very "Squatchy" to me...

IMG_20200114_100751521.jpg

IMG_20200114_142042080.jpg

• Haha 1

Was listening to a podcast generally talking about the Southwest. The lone white LEO on one reservation was told they take their time getting out to calls about the hairy guys.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 6:07 PM, PNWexplorer said:

Spent some time down on the Arizona/Mexico border near Yuma earlier this year.  Doesn't seem very "Squatchy" to me...

IMG_20200114_100751521.jpg

IMG_20200114_142042080.jpg

Tough tree peeping assignment.

On 7/24/2020 at 4:56 PM, BC witness said:

@7.62

The sneaking is going on in the S to N direction these days, with non-US refugees trying to cross into Canada from the US, and US citizens, who claim to be heading to Alaska, winding up in Canadian locations far off the direct route to Alaska, presumably because of our much lower covid infection rate, which is the whole reason the border is closed to casual travel right now!

I've talked to several people here in Alaska who talked their way through Canada. But overall, tourism here has crashed almost completely. The coastal towns who gave been fleecing old people delivered on cruise ships are hurting.