Do the police take squatch reports seriously?

DaleyWoodbeater

On 8/8/2020 at 4:59 PM, NatFoot said:

Bet the troll didn't expect any decent, entertaining, conversation when he started the thread.

I'm back after some 'enforced' time away. Not sure what's wrong with animal mammary glands, especially covered up ones...

I came into this forum as a genuine poster with a huge interest in this subject. Now I'm being labelled as a "troll"???

Also, I thought it was quite cheeky to suspend me and then have one of my threads ("Height exaggeration?") as a feature!

Good to see a couple of my threads thriving though.

This is a strange place and I'm not sure that I fit in...

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

If it makes you feel any better, many of us who have been here a while have been suspended a a time or two for breaking the rules.     The choice amounts to be if you want to be a forum member you have to know and follow the rules.       A premium membership allows more options to express yourself if you do it in Premium access threads.   While the COVID thing is limiting field time with others and a lot of good content,    the forum is a more friendly place than it has been at times in the past.   Enforcing the rules helps keep it that way.  

2 hours ago, DaleyWoodbeater said:

This is a strange place and I'm not sure that I fit in..

Daley

Do not even worry about it. It is a strange thing to talk about bigfoots in the first place. I have been here a long time and I still do not fit in. But I just do not care to fit in. I try to post the truth about these creatures so it  makes no difference for me. Like SWW has said we all have broken the rues at one time or another where we need to cool off. Sometime discussions can get heated and we get out of hand. I would just rather leave the discussion and come back to it later. Some times it is not worth getting upset over them. As for myself I like to take corrective criticism from people since it will help me improve. As humans we are not all perfect nor will we if people do not let us know our faults.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, NCBFr said:

I cannot seem to find the thread but the sheriff in OK that took Mark's report of BF stalking his kids seem to indicate that he knew it was a BF and that this was pretty normal behavior in that region.  He certainly did not ridicule Mark.

The deputy that responded to the 911 call on Dec 3rd, he asked if I knew who it was I just leveled with him about my son's encounter and I thought it might be a BF..

Well he had me just fill out the top of the police report, which contained my name, address, and number. he said he would fill out the statement part of the report later..

I went to the Sheriffs office the next morning, filled out a report and provided the video from camera system and that Deputy asked me to walk outside, leveled withe that they knew they excist,gave me some advice and his personal number..he checked in with me the next day by phone..

Later in Dec when the activity was every day and night, the deputy who I met at the Sheriffs office, came out to my house ...I overheard a conversation he had with the Sheriff of the County..told the Sheriff he was on "one of them" trespassering calls..the Sheriff knew what he meant and only asked him where I was located..

The Deputy while at my property, called a friend, a ex cop/Military researcher, Troy Hudson of the NOBRO..

Troy and I have become friends through it all and I talk to him a few times each week, etc..

• Upvote 2

Admin

Man, I do not visit this thread for a bit and it goes to pot....

It seems that there have been multiple violations of forum rules here. You know better than to use prohibited lanuage in the public areas. Since there was no way to clean up the mess and it still make sense, I had to delete the whole series of posts which contained the unsuitable wording. Let me give EVERYONE a refresher:

Forum rule 2-A:

A. The BFF aims to be 'family friendly'. Foul language is not allowed in any area of the Forum, although we do incorporate an extensive 'bad word' filter to catch the occasional slip. Explicit or implied foul language (profanity) even that represented in part by special characters such as asterisks (and/or other place-holders designed to bypass forum software word censoring filters) will result in edits. Though mods may consider intent and target, all such violations are subject to immediate edit/removal by moderators/administrators. In no case will content be deleted unless it is impossible to save the meaning of the phrase or sentence due to violations (in which case a whole sentence or post might have to be eliminated). The forum moderation/administration staff reserves the right to consider a separate discussion area for members to discuss "adult-language elements" of BF behavior if there is a way to determine how to implement such a subforum in the future.

With that in mind, this forum has a 'PG' rating - do not let your children read or post to this forum unless you are happy with its content - the onus is on you as a parent.

Normally in this instance I would send each violator a PM which contained a friendly warning and an encouragement to refrain from such behavior in the future. However, with multiple violations, I am giving a group warning to everyone.

DO NOT let this happen again! There be no warnings if it does. Violators will be assessed points with possible suspension of posting privileges included. EVERYONE should considered themselves warned. Please note that in addition to actual wording, placeholders are not tolerated either.

Are we clear on this?

Thank you!

Clear on the rules but I honestly don't remember what foul language was in this post that had to be cleaned up and now the posts have been removed...so it's not totally clear. :blush:

8 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Clear on the rules but I honestly don't remember what foul language was in this post that had to be cleaned up and now the posts have been removed...so it's not totally clear. :blush:

Clear as glass on rules.

Clear as mud on said violations.

Since I never cuss. I usually notice that sort of thing.

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

Real good podcast report from an Officer on the Olympic Peninsula on the Bigfoot and Beyond Show that i listened to last week.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/bigfoot-and-beyond-with-cliff-and-bobo/id1460805013

Worth a listen imo.

Oh and when he filed the report, he said it disappeared.