The Industry of Bigfoot (or, How I became a Hoaxer)

Kent Walker

I was once a diligent BB (Bigfoot Believer). I spent several years and several 1,000's of Dollars in search of this mythical creature, all in the hotbed - PNW.

Never found a thing. Nothing. Didn't see anything. Nothing. Didn't experience any UFO's whisking BF away....no 3rd dimension portals....didn't get zapped by ultrasonic waves, etc. Set trail cams out in 100's of supposed hot spots - lot's of bear, deer and cougar pics (as well as a couple of hippies doing the wild thing out in the wilds) - but nothing of the hairy man himself.

Came to my senses, BF ain't real...never was and never will be. It is a connived scheme to generate revenue. Jerky commercials, Finding Bigfoot-type shows, t-shirts sales, etc. Heck, even the How to Hunt dude, a guy who certainly doesn't believe in something as silly as BF is using the situation as click bait for his videos. Anybody who'd tell you they've seen BF is doing 1 or 2 things: trying to fool you or, trying to fool you and themselves.

But, to keep this "industry" alive, I've done my part - I went from being an amateur researcher to a part time hoaxer. I've laid out fake prints for people to find, some have even been shown as pics on this forum. I've got a fairly realistic "ape" like suit that I've worn to run across roads in front of oncoming vehicles....I've done some recon around campgrounds late at night and have done tree knocks and howls to get the campers to respond. I've even have my own youtube channel (won't disclose it here as I'm not looking for the "hits") where I "discover" prints and follow them with a cam....of course with the obligatory "howl" off in the distance warning that I'm getting too close.

Frankly, hoaxing is a blast, especially when later you hear of or read a report about a BF sighting or track sites knowing that all along it was me. 

Im not alone, there are several others who are dependently "in" on the ruse. Don't be mad at us. Admit that we've entertained you and have kept you looking and looking... We don't mean any harm and I would think most of us consider hoaxing a service to the continued industry of BF.

See you, or...maybe you'll "see" me out in the woods sometime...

Edited by Kent Walker
  • Haha 2

I don't believe you ;) Did you also build the nesting site in the Olympic Peninsula and manage to get your arms to swing naturally with your elbows in their proper places and, assuming a 6 ft. height, still manage a 30" shoulder span?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor locked and unlocked this topic

You spend time, money, energy, and effort on hoaxing Bigfoot believers.

Then, go onto a public forum to brag about the hoaxing.

Seems counterproductive.

• Upvote 1

For those that think I'm trolling...I'm just offering up a counterpoint. 

Why does an online BF Forum have to be strictly a one sided (believer) venture?  Yes, it's a fact, their are hoaxers that keep this BF thing going. "IF" there really is a BF, he/she keeps it going, too.

Two sides to a coin

Admin
19 minutes ago, Kent Walker said:

I've laid out fake prints for people to find, some have even been shown as pics on this forum.

Lets see the pics please. I also want the exact location.

20 minutes ago, Kent Walker said:

especially when later you hear of or read a report about a BF sighting or track sites knowing that all along it was me

Post the sighting reports with location information and dates.

Hmmm....

So, you consider this a public service?  Just keeping a little magic and mystery alive in the world?  Like parents telling their children about Santa Claus?

How much money and time do you estimate that you have spent on this so far?

But you are right about one thing, KW, Bigfoot is an industry. I've said so much myself many times over these past few years. And yes there are hoaxers, some who pull off some amazing feats. But not enough hoaxers to cover 200 years worth of ground.

Same as what gigantor said. Show it or stow it. I'd be interested to see how you did it.

Edited by Madison5716

Also, how does admitting to these activities on a public forum further your hoaxing goals?

Admin

Note to All.

I'm letting this troll and thread stay so we can all have a little fun. If anyone gets a out of line, I'll shut it down.

Enjoy!  :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• gigantor locked and unlocked this topic

This thread makes zero sense when there is a previous thread about hoaxing that the user posted to awhile ago,

unless it's just about attention...:crazy:

Edited by JKH

THANK YOU, GIGANTOR, because I want to see this person in the suit they used as well as doing the 4 ft. trackway in snow with no other snow disturbances.

• gigantor locked this topic