Opinions on the BFRO?

vinchyfoot

21 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

That's admirable.

But, one man's 'op-sec' is another man's 'shaping the narrative'.

A lot of people are upset with Moneymaker keeping details of accounts and areas private, while many of us do the exact same thing with our own areas.  

Opsec is essential to keep an active area "nuetral". The minute everyone knows its location, it's open to hoaxing, misidentification, the dueling banjos of multiple groups of wood knockers.....

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 2/26/2021 at 8:55 AM, Redbone said:

All of my audio recording ideas and efforts started with Steve Moon. (one of the Lowlands BF founders)

After learning everything he was doing, I set out to do the same thing with MUCH less expensive equipment.

I accomplished that, but his setups can run for months. Mine will run for a week. Mine is a lot lighter and easier to hide though.

image.png.a64f7cd31c368bd4f952b10919c5cd58.pngimage.thumb.png.5cd0e346d76b3161e750f00c426e6cd9.png

I have an observation that I hope you take as a suggestion rather than criticism.          In the picture to the right you have mutiple plugs and adapters to wire all the gear together.    In the aeroplace world, that is called intoducing multiple points of failure.  Each plug and adapter in line raises the possibility of failure by several orders of magnitude.   If you carry the gear in a pack you are carrying several ounces of plugs and adapters that may not be necessary.    .        While you certainly do not want to mess with rewiring what I think is a recorderr to the right,    to reduce failure probabilities you might think about getting rid of interconnecting adapters by making your own cable systen to reduce the connector count as much as you can.     That would take some soldering and cuircuit understanding to pull off.    I have experienced plugs and sockets deciding they do not want to mate and conduct now and then.  Or something gets tugged a bit that is not seated properly.   You see that when you have to wiggle the connection to make it work.   Something you certainly do not want to happen when you are recording that great rare Ohio Howl near you.  

Admin

I think this thread has run its course.

• gigantor locked this topic