Opinions on the BFRO?

vinchyfoot

Admin

I have heard of no one confirming or denying that point. Thanks!

21 hours ago, VAfooter said:

I have also heard that they do mot publish some reports to keep the area private for their own investigations. Fact is that only part of the database has been opened for public review. I am unaware of what the percentage is at this point. Do their investigators have access to the whole database?

If the intent were to keep  people out of the areas that might provide the possible conclusive evidence the group seeks, that would make sense. Certainly the BFRO  would like to be the lead in proving existence and the recognition that would accompany?

BFF Patron
22 hours ago, VAfooter said:

I have also heard that they do mot publish some reports to keep the area private for their own investigations. Fact is that only part of the database has been opened for public review. I am unaware of what the percentage is at this point. Do their investigators have access to the whole database?

That happened in my case.   I submitted two reports with very specific location details.    No contact from investigators,  but did get a finding bigfoot producer inviting me to attend a town hall meeting in the area.    It has been over 10 years and neither report is in the public data base.    Subsequently found evidence that investigators had been to one of my report locations.    I suspect that they cherry pick locations so that they can piggy back on non-members research.    Since my two reports never made it into the data base I did not submit any more.  Their loss and my gain in that I did not have some tree knocking howl making BFRO people bothering my local bigfoot family.  

I submitted a report for my interaction and was never contacted nor was it included in their database.  Was just a rock-throwing incident, though.  Then a couple of days ago, found out a buddy had sighting within a couple of miles of my incident.  He also had some other very intense encounters over in Western Washington.  I encouraged him to report them to BFRO, but I doubt he will.

43 minutes ago, Outkast said:

...the lead in proving existence and the recognition that would accompany?

Sarcasm:}  Once proven their (MM) business case disappears.

BFF Patron

If you read a lot of the reports they are just howls in the distance or funny noises in the bushes.    Both could be a lot of things.    Something throwing big rocks at you is unlikely to be anything but BF or humans.    The bigger the rock the less likely it was human.  

Edited by SWWASAS

Admin
2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Since my two reports never made it into the data base I did not submit any more. 

2 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

I submitted a report for my interaction and was never contacted nor was it included in their database.  

My guess is that all of your reports are in the database, but not available for public viewing. Given that you have evidence of a researcher visiting one of your areas, it is in a place where they can use it for future research. Just curious SW, did you tell them not to show up at your site?

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

If you read a lot of the reports they are just howls in the distance or funny noises in the bushes. 

Especially since the TV show aired. Now if you hear something in the distance it is just as likely to be a human (and probably moreso) as a bigfoot. After the show became popular, you started seeing a number of reports where the witness stated that they were doing tree knocks, calls, or some other type of sound (either to generate a response or in response to something they heard). Those activities were rarely mentioned in pre-show reports.

Admin

This thread is a great example of why we decided not to start a sightings database in the BFF.

I'm glad we didn't.

• Upvote 1

On 9/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, VAfooter said:

Preserving "Op-Sec" on an ongoing investigation and the related location should be standard protocol for any serious Researcher, that much is understandable, I was referring to those reports that don't fit the business model.... that was more the way I heard it said of them.

20 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

That happened in my case.   I submitted two reports with very specific location details.    No contact from investigators,  but did get a finding bigfoot producer inviting me to attend a town hall meeting in the area.    It has been over 10 years and neither report is in the public data base.    Subsequently found evidence that investigators had been to one of my report locations.    I suspect that they cherry pick locations so that they can piggy back on non-members research.    Since my two reports never made it into the data base I did not submit any more.  Their loss and my gain in that I did not have some tree knocking howl making BFRO people bothering my local bigfoot family.  

Any contact from Find Bigfoot would disprove what I was told by a BFRO member that the show and the group are not connected, which is obviously bunk. They clearly are. I have also personally seen them attempt to usurp other folks areas, which is why although I acknowledge there are good members within the group, the upper management isnt to be trusted.

20 hours ago, NCBFr said:

Sarcasm:}  Once proven their (MM) business case disappears.

No sarcasm necessary, that is literally correct.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, VAfooter said:

Short answer is yes.

Admin
On 8/3/2020 at 12:29 PM, vinchyfoot said:

What are the thoughts of some on the BFRO?

They have provided decades of invaluable data and information on Bigfoot, on a scale that no other organization has been able to do. 

Also, without them there would most likely never have been a Bigfoot forums. Some former BFRO members were among the first administrators of the original BFF.

Edited by masterbarber
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The fact that they are a private organization means they can generally do as they please.  You can choose to visit or not visit the site, no one is forced to.  

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Marty said:

image.png.b29b3583c1f74efefe0adf89d2632627.png

Lmfao, that's all you need to know about my opinion on the BFRO

Are you disputing use of the word Sasquatch? Maybe people should say "alleged" or "possible" Sasquatch? Not sure what your point is.

I think the best thing about BFRO is that it brought the bigfoot topic to the main stream media, I never really knew anything about the topic until I saw some of the episodes and was like wow a creature really living out in the woods of north America and all over the world is really cool. Granted it took me a few episodes to find out that these guys were crazy and never really came in contact with the creature. But I think most people got a good bit of information about the creature from this show that never thought about the subject before. There are some more shows on tv some are good some not so much after a few episodes you can usually tell if they are going to find any evidence or not.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor locked this topic