Bigfoot Guys and DNA Results

Big Stinky

Hello guys and sorry if this topic is old hat but i just sat in on a FB Live feed from these guys (Bigfoot Guys) and they enthusiastically mentioned they sat yesterday with legal and federal officials and submitted all their research info including DNA typing taken from a stool sample.

Apparently the officials were overwhelmed with the results and this "team" is pushing that the southern skunk ape is fact a lowland gorilla/billi ape hybrid.... :rolleyes: 

Does anyone have anything on this as I go thrown off for asking pointed questions about the testing and legitimacy .

Safe and Happy Holidays  everyone

Big Stinky 

31 minutes ago, Big Stinky said:

Hello guys and sorry if this topic is old hat but i just sat in on a FB Live feed from these guys (Bigfoot Guys) and they enthusiastically mentioned they sat yesterday with legal and federal officials and submitted all their research info including DNA typing taken from a stool sample.

Apparently the officials were overwhelmed with the results and this "team" is pushing that the southern skunk ape is fact a lowland gorilla/billi ape hybrid.... :rolleyes: 

Does anyone have anything on this as I go thrown off for asking pointed questions about the testing and legitimacy .

Safe and Happy Holidays  everyone

Big Stinky 

The is the first that I have heard of this...and I am unfamiliar with the Bigfoot Guys.

Do you have a link to the feed, by any chance?

The Live Feed was removed from FB because the presenter went off on me ( cursing ) for asking basic questions  as they said the DNA results proved that the creature was a lowland gorilla/billi ape hybrid.

Besides asking the obvious questions of what lab was utilized and what type of testing performed ( Mt or full nuclear) I remarked that the foot cast were of the typical BF type and did not show an opposable digit as you would see in apes.. 

When he didn't answer I persisted and he went off on me...

You can see his post on their FB Page below.. check out the video on their site  about the DNA results  as well...  

https://www.facebook.com/TheBigfootGuys/

1 hour ago, Big Stinky said:

The Live Feed was removed from FB because the presenter went off on me ( cursing ) for asking basic questions  as they said the DNA results proved that the creature was a lowland gorilla/billi ape hybrid.

Besides asking the obvious questions of what lab was utilized and what type of testing performed ( Mt or full nuclear) I remarked that the foot cast were of the typical BF type and did not show an opposable digit as you would see in apes.. 

When he didn't answer I persisted and he went off on me...

You can see his post on their FB Page below.. check out the video on their site  about the DNA results  as well...  

https://www.facebook.com/TheBigfootGuys/

Is it safe to assume that you are the 'trouble making scientist'?

I haven't watched the videos, but looking through their posts leads me to believe that they embrace and enjoy a certain amount of drama in their lives as it relates to Bigfoot.  People who seek out these "Bigfoot feuds" are strange to me.  

As far as their evidence goes...I guess that we will all find out if it is true.  Or it will be proven false.  I don't waste a lot of time or energy on trying to prove to the world someone is possibly a fraud.  I don't understand that mindset either.  If they are lying about all of this, then it will eventually become apparent.  Heck, even real evidence like the PGF isn't taken seriously by many.  Fraudulent evidence will always become apparent with time.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:44 AM, spacemonkeymafia said:

Must be good swimmers to get here from Africa...

They used a boat. We import exotic animals all the time. Goes back centuries. Way back, sailing ships were known to have animals as 'mascots'. Civilian and military ships. Goats, birds and monkeys to name a few. Western Lowland  Gorillas are cute pets when little but grow to be unmanageable and were sold off or given away. The popularity of the Western Lowland Gorilla continues today. The Seattle-Tacoma area had gorilla attractions in the previous century. The Woodlawn Park Zoo in Seattle had Bobo and Fifi. Bobo passed in 1968. The B&I shopping center in Tacoma had 'Ivan'. Ivan was given to Zoo Atlanta and passed in 2012. I saw Bobo, Fifi and Ivan.

I don't have much interest in the 'Skunk Ape' arena. I have wondered if the alleged sightings are descendants of escaped zoo animals or abandoned ship mascots / pets. Ringling Brothers Circus was in bad shape after the Depression. They got hold of a Western Lowland Gorilla, named it "Gargantuan the Great". Gargantuan was credited with saving the circus. How many other circus companies followed suit and had gorilla displays? Gargantuan passed in 1949, with no offspring. The back story on Gargantuan is that in the 1930's, African missionaries gifted him to a freighter captain. He was named "Buddy" and lived on the ship. Buddy became ill and was given to a woman in New York who cared for sick animals. Buddy was sold to the circus in 1937. Buddy was famous.

The opposable digit factor is important and Big Stinky is raising a big stink about that. I don't get too excited about tracks. The opposable digit conundrum exists elsewhere. In Sumatra, the Gibbons fly through the trees with amazing speed and grace. They also walk  on the ground. Plaster casts of Gibbon tracks  cause confusion. 

I do not expect to see a resolution on the Skunk Ape coming from Face Book or Reddit.

Is there a way for these BigFootGuys to post their DNA info on the forum? It would be pretty cool to look at it. Sure if they are apes then yes they are going to have that human factor in their DNA. Now the fact that this paper has Bondo chimp DNA. Is it possible that this might be an escaped hybrid chimp roaming Florida? Did these Bigfootguys take photo's pf the stools sample and where they where found? Did they take pictures of their setup to get this sample? What it sounds like that it was pure luck, but still there should be picture's of the stool. There should also be picture's of prints near the stool  sample as well.

As what I have read about the bondo chimps. They are highly sexual amongst them selves. Even among male on male . They are not known to roam in groups to protect a given an area. They were first known about in the 1990. They are not actual lion killers but may kill a leopard. Eat mostly fruit and leaves. They are not aggressive towards each other like Chimps are.Well this is about as much as I remember. But I am interested on the DNA paper that was received.

I think Chimps are only aggressive, sometimes mortally so, to groups after the groups have split from a main group. In other words, Chimps aren't socially or physically aggressive within their own "tribe." It's a trait that has more or less remained as a characteristic in primates, including Humans. If Humans could somehow get past that ancient tribal "Us and Them" flaw then it could end the wars between us. But as long as someone has something to gain by keeping the trait alive then our chances of moving past killing each other are pretty slim.

36 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I think Chimps are only aggressive, sometimes mortally so, to groups after the groups have split from a main group. In other words, Chimps aren't socially or physically aggressive within their own "tribe." It's a trait that has more or less remained as a characteristic in primates, including Humans. If Humans could somehow get past that ancient tribal "Us and Them" flaw then it could end the wars between us. But as long as someone has something to gain by keeping the trait alive then our chances of moving past killing each other are pretty slim.

That "us vs them" mentality is probably why you're sitting there comfortably typing away at your nice computer....

Edited by NatFoot

• 4 weeks later...

What lab did this DNA work?  Was it repeatable and was that done?  Dr. Svante Paabo ran the nuclear Neanderthal vs. sapiens results 100 times before concluding we are 2% Neanderthal.  Another problem.  The Bili Ape is a chimp subspecies.  Chimps have a greater distance to gorillas than humans.  Chimps and humans cannot interbreed.  The time split between gorillas and chimps is greater than for either and Homo.  So the hybrid theory needs a hell of a lotta proof.

• Upvote 1