Sasquatch Hair Condition

Believer57

Hi,

I am a bit confused about various Sasquatch sightings/videos that have conflicting conditions of the hair appearance. Typically, I have seen comments/videos that consider it to be a hoax if the creature has cleaner almost cared for looking hair. Most of the photos, videos, sightings show a rather unkept appearance to the hair, almost nasty looking and smelly. Recently, I've been looking through the Bob Gymlan YouTube channel and came across this video below.

Can we rule out the validity of the cleaner, well kept Sasquatch appearance or is there more to it than that?

Bigfoot Footage from Vancouver

Cheers!

I don't think that we have enough data to rule out appearance or grooming habits.  

Youtube comments voicing someone's opinion doesn't invalidate a witnesses's account.  As a matter of fact... YouTube and Facebook comments are pretty safe to ignore.  The amount of just made up crap that people spout as fact on social media is insane.  Everyone wants to be seen as an expert on these things...

Here's a picture of a gorilla.  I doubt that he smells terrific, but he's not visibly matted with filth.

Adult-mountain-gorilla-credit-Juan-Pablo-Moreiras-FFI1.jpg

There could be a lot that plays into grooming habits...age, environment, social structures or lack thereof.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If we go by credible witness accounts, there is a staggering degree of difference in these creatures... often on important physical traits like facial features or body type.  There's a wide variance in grooming patterns among humans,so there might be some sloppy bums in the Bigfoot world too.

Primates that live in family groups generally tend the be more manicured, humans included. It also would make sense that a creature living in the woods would maintain its hair to a degree simply to cut back on snags as it moved through the brush. tangled matted hair has a tendency to be painful, catch on everything, lead to infections, and can make clean movment difficult depending on the location of the tangled hair. If they were as unkempt as some would assume one would think hair samples would be fairly abundant. Just food for thought from a naturalist perspective.

• Like 1

Agree that they are as variable as humans in many ways. Reports sometimes remark on grooming, whether looking well or poorly so.  The BFRO says adults spend time grooming each other.

7 hours ago, JKH said:

The BFRO says adults spend time grooming each other.

Bigfoots groom reach other? Is that another forgettable observation from moneymaker?

Edited by Arvedis

MM is not infallible, but his knowledge and that of many other researchers combined is still extensive.

Here's one example:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=9317

Sybilla Irwin's art work with witnesses may be of interest.

http://www.sybillairwin.com

I remember years ago there was discussion here about an unpublished video which was reported to show grooming behavior.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Believer57 said:

JKH,

I ran out of likes today (it seems easy to do) so I just wanted to say thanks for the links!

@Believer57

There you go I gave JKH one of my likes for ya. The little one that i seen was all orange and fuzzy. The tall one that I seen was all matted down with the hair running down it's body. Like i have said many times before chewbaca looking. Not sure how it would have stayed groom but then again I never groom my long hair German Shephard and he stays groom all the time. That even when i take him out into the woods.  It's amazing with all the hair he has.luke.thumb.jpg.aef020504dfe66af123b26632ccffb1c.jpg

Ok, thanks, ShadowBorn! I like your long-haired German Shepard. It looks like he spotted some movement on the ground or sniffed out a truffle. :)

I was hoping the thread would show a variety of responses to the Sasquatch hair appearance and that seems to be the case here.

One of the reasons I asked the question about hair condition was the Myaaka skunk ape. I can't remember what show I was watching but it was shown to a PHD-type who concluded that it was a hoax or misidentification due to the well groomed hair. The expectation was for a wild animal like a Sasquatch to have a matted and unkept coat.

There were others along the same line of reasoning.

53e1c52572734.preview-620.jpg