Sasquatch Hair Condition

Believer57

So the claim is that bigfoots must groom each other. Otherwise, how else would they appear to be groomed during the fleeting instances of human observation. And the other assumption is that patty appeared to be well groomed in the few frames of film we have of her. So therefore Bigfoot is a groomer.

ironicchekov.jpg

Edited by Arvedis

On 1/13/2021 at 9:53 AM, Believer57 said:

One of the reasons I asked the question about hair condition was the Myaaka skunk ape. I can't remember what show I was watching but it was shown to a PHD-type who concluded that it was a hoax or misidentification due to the well groomed hair. The expectation was for a wild animal like a Sasquatch to have a matted and unkept coat.

There were others along the same line of reasoning.

53e1c52572734.preview-620.jpg

Funny that you found this image. It was hoaxed and the alleged hoaxer admitted to the activity years after it was presented to the public.  I do not have a link / name of the hoaxer. He stated that he was surprised that the hoax lasted for years. I don't burn much time on Skunk Apes. Perhaps there is something on Cryptomundo or BigfootEncounters relating to the hoax.

Primates perform 'grooming' to get salt crystals produced by perspiration.

I am editing. Just looked at BigfootEncounters: Newspaper and magazine articles, Fortean Times, Myakka Skunk Ape, Tracking Myakka's wiley Skunk Ape.  The verdict on the image  still toggles back and forth on accuracy. There may be a common costume available in Japan that looks like stinky.

There is a hoax story performed by John Sohl in 1975 to pull a prank on a friend.

The Skunk Ape is a tourist attraction to suck in tourist dollars.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

2 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Funny that you found this image. It was hoaxed and the alleged hoaxer admitted to the activity years after it was presented to the public.  I do not have a link / name of the hoaxer. He stated that he was surprised that the hoax lasted for years. I don't burn much time on Skunk Apes. Perhaps there is something on Cryptomundo or BigfootEncounters relating to the hoax.

Primates perform 'grooming' to get salt crystals produced by perspiration.

I am editing. Just looked at BigfootEncounters: Newspaper and magazine articles, Fortean Times, Myakka Skunk Ape, Tracking Myakka's wiley Skunk Ape.  The verdict on the image  still toggles back and forth on accuracy. There may be a common costume available in Japan that looks like stinky.

There is a hoax story performed by John Sohl in 1975 to pull a prank on a friend.

The Skunk Ape is a tourist attraction to suck in tourist dollars.

How can you say that about the Skunk Ape so definitively but leave the door open for the PNW Bigfoot?

He's much bigger business up there, than down south.

5 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

How can you say that about the Skunk Ape so definitively but leave the door open for the PNW Bigfoot?

Pretty much every cryptid ever has been commercialized... especially by small towns.  Lizard Man even has a festival here.

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Patty was a hottie! :) Not especially a pretty girl but.....

........sexy!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Arvedis said:

So the claim is that bigfoots must groom each other. Otherwise, how else would they appear to be groomed during the fleeting instances of human observation. And the other assumption is that patty appeared to be well groomed in the few frames of film we have of her. So therefore Bigfoot is a groomer.

ironicchekov.jpg

Grooming is a well known, well documented, and well studied trait among primates. So much so that it would be remarkable if sasquatches didn't groom, unless, of course, one considered them to be insects or some such.........

https://www.reed.edu/biology/professors/srenn/pages/teaching/web_2008/dklj_site_final/home.html

3191C209-F30D-4B7A-96AB-D541905B8EAE.jpeg

There's no basis at all for it, even if it is accepted that BF is a primate. Other than allegedly braiding horses, what BF behavior would indicate it would groom itself?  We know it likes water.  That's a start but we don't know it uses water for a hygienic purpose or simply to get from A to B.

Patty appears to have a nice coat on grainy 1960s film so that overrides the numerus other reports of disheveled body hair and obvious forest living?

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

NatFoot, I did not exclude the PNW Sasquatch tourist trade. I just did not post about it. British Columbia (  Harrison Hot Springs ) has advertised the big guy for many years.  I believe that motorized type tours in BC and elsewhere are subdued do to the flu. Museum attendance???   We do not have pole boat or airboat tours. The PNW Sasquatch has better hair, does not smell like a skunk and therefore more suited for potato chip, beer, jerky, garment, window decal and everything else marketing.  We could have a professional type sporting  team...........GO SKOOKUMS!

Back to the thread. Black, shiny straight hair that moves freely.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text
  • Haha 1

Seems to me that Patty's hair wasn't all that long? Certainly short enough to show a line across the right thigh every time her right thumb brushed by. Something one might not expect to see with long hair. It wasn't hanging off her forearms nor did it hide the musculature in her calf, upper arms or back. Yes, the description of long shaggy hair is in many reports, but it isn't evident in the PGF.

Rethinking this and guessing it is plausible some BFs care about grooming, but it would seem to be a personal choice. More of a humanlike choice than an animal habit IMO.

Here is a scenario of a male bigfoot approaching a female bigfoot that involves grooming.

Male Bigfoot: "Hi there!"
Female Bigfoot:: "Oh!  You startled me.  I didn't see you standing there"
Male Bigfoot: "I was invisible. Haha. Just kidding."
Female Bigfoot: "Clever. We're so stigmatized as a species, don't you think?"
Male Bigfoot: "Definitely. So uh, I'm Chuck"
Female Bigfoot:  "Nice to meet you Chuck. Is that really your name?"
Male Bigfoot: "Yes, why do you ask?"
Female Bigfoot:  "Well, it's not a bigfoot name"
Male Bigfoot: "I overheard it at some campsite I was stalking and I liked it.  Now, I'm Chuck.  I can even talk like Chuck."
Female Bigfoot:  "Hee hee"
Male Bigfoot: <nasal voice> "Hey, did you guys hear something?  What the hell stinks like rotten meat? Some animal left a hand print on my trailer. Look at that. I'll never get this grease off!"
Female Bigfoot:  "Hahaha"
Male Bigfoot: "I have a name for you too"
Female Bigfoot:  "Oh?"
Male Bigfoot: "Clarice"
Female Bigfoot: "I like that!"
Male Bigfoot: "So, are you...uh...single?"
Female Bigfoot: "I wouldn't be talking to if I wasn't. I'm a lady"
Male Bigfoot: "Clarice, I was wondering if you would...comb my back.  I really need it"
Female Bigfoot:  "Only if you comb mine too!"
Male Bigfoot: "I thought you'd never ask"

and this is a true story of how bigfoot love blossoms in the deep, dark, ominous woods.

Edited by Arvedis

LOL! All good posts!

It gets so confusing, and, at times makes your head spin! I recently started to watch a show from 2020 on Prime called, "World's Greatest Hoaxes: Secrets Finally Revealed". It was hosted by Lance Henriksen (who I like) but immediately started out calling the PGF a hoax. With statements like, "Some say that you can see the suit stitching going down the creatures back" got me so irritated that I just turned it off and moved on.